Beretta leaving MD

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
“Why expand in a place where the people who built the gun couldn’t buy it?” Jeffrey Reh, general counsel for Beretta, asked

Just about every thing they make will be illegal as soon as they make it

‘Berettas Don’t Bluff’: Major Gun Company Threatens to Leave Maryland Over New Gun Control Proposals | TheBlaze.com

according to the Washington Post, the company’s Italian “patriarch” Ugo Gussalli Beretta expressed a lack of confidence in the state.
“All I can tell you is, there always seems to be a problem with Maryland,” he reportedly said

Last edited:

edinsomd

The Karma of unintended/ignorant consequences is a real b!tch, ain't it! But hey, the Gov doesn't care, he has all those government employees paying his freight.

About that 20% Sequestration pay cut, Governor?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Where are all the liberal loons to tell us this is really good news and this will actually add thousands of jobs to the MD economy?

Didn't this county, where I assume most of these employees live, vote > 90% Dem?

Get what they deserve..

Oh wait.. somehow this will be the Republicans idea and in turn their fault.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That would mean that my company would lose one of our biggest contracts. We print the instruction manuals for several models.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That would mean that my company would lose one of our biggest contracts. We print the instruction manuals for several models.

...and so these things snowball; local suppliers, restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, department stores and so on...all benefit, and all will lose income if Beretta does move...more folks on unemployment and off the tax rolls.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Where are all the liberal loons to tell us this is really good news and this will actually add thousands of jobs to the MD economy?

Didn't this county, where I assume most of these employees live, vote > 90% Dem?

Get what they deserve..

Oh wait.. somehow this will be the Republicans idea and in turn their fault.

What you said, itsbob. We all gets what the majority of we votes for. Yee Haw!

Governor Rick Scott, (R-Fl), personally spends about an hour per day on the phone trying to entice businesses to Fl. Here is a copy of the e-mail I just sent him:

Dear Gov Scott,

I heard you say on 970 WFLA radio in Tampa that you, the governor, personally calls businesses looking to relocate. Beretta Firearms is threatening to leave Maryland because of draconian new anti-gun laws being proposed that would make the products they manufacture in Md illegal in that state.

Beretta’s future in Maryland tied to state’s gun-control debate - The Washington Post

Give them a call. It can't hurt.

Bring them and their jobs down to the Sunshine State!

Respectfully,

Beretta - ya'll come on down to Florida, ya heah? Lots more sunshine, no state income tax, and a very, very business and gun friendly state.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...and so these things snowball; local suppliers, restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, department stores and so on...all benefit, and all will lose income if Beretta does move...more folks on unemployment and off the tax rolls.

Accokeek will dry up and blow away :killingme

smilin

BOXER NATION
“All I can tell you is, Mr. Beretta said, ‘There always seems to be a problem with Maryland.’ ”
I have been told the same thing by Virginia based land developers, out of state home buyers, small business owners who are moving, etc.

Tampa is beginning to look better every day...if I can only get them to stop laughing at MD's flush tax .....

:coffee:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Watch Martin Owe'Malley push a bill through the legislature taxing the beJesus out of any company that leaves the state. Something on the order of "Everything you intend to make in the new state in the next five years."

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Watch Martin Owe'Malley push a bill through the legislature taxing the beJesus out of any company that leaves the state. Something on the order of "Everything you intend to make in the new state in the next five years."

How would that be enforceable?

abcxyz

Marylands sales pitch for a company to move here:

We will tax the snot out of your execs.
We will tax the snot out of their houses.
We will tax the snot out of your employees.
Our criminals our back on the streets faster than almost any other county.
You can't have a gun to protect yourself.
You will have to send your kids to private school because we teach to the test.
Want to cross a bridge or toll? We get you there as well.

Dinner and a cigar as a sales meeting? We are going to cream you on taxes on the wine, the blunt and every thing else.

Virginas sales pitch:

We are not Maryland.

laynpipe

I just dont understand. This is a free country. If you are not happy in Maryland, why are you still here ? Dont give me the job excuse, because Maryland is not the only state with a job.

abcxyz

I just dont understand. This is a free country. If you are not happy in Maryland, why are you still here ? Dont give me the job excuse, because Maryland is not the only state with a job.

Because my GPS is dead and I won't know my way around.

Family maybe? Leaving a job that one had before this place turned in to the dumpster it has become maybe? The will to try to turn this dumpers back around maybe?

Would if General Washington and crew didn't fight the British and ran to Mexico? What happens when it gets bad in Mexico (when the illigals leave Maryland and go back home, it will turn bad down there), where to run to then? Some people choose to stay and fight, even in a losing battle.

But my real answer is I'm just fine with Maryland but that is because I am in an industry that does well regardless of what is happening around it. As a matter of fact, the worse off others are the better off I am. I don't wish others to be bad off and I tried to vote them in the right person but they wouldn't have it.

I don't work for Smeco but I'll use them as an example. No matter how bad things get, those men and women still work. No matter how much you cut back your electric usage, those men and women still work. If Beretta leaves, I doubt Smeco is laying any one off. Less usage needed in Accokeek, but am sure Smeco will find other stuff for those men and women to do. The higher taxes and all the other things Maryland does to discourage people from working will hit the men and women of Smeco but all in all I doubt it is enough to make them move....yet..

smilin

BOXER NATION
How would that be enforceable?

Out of state home owners have to pay their MD income tax on the proceeds of the sale of their home.
How?
There is a 7.5% tax withheld at settlement then applied toward the tax liability.

Just as the new gun control act being bandied about in Naptown licenses you to own a gun for five years, if you don't renew you are required to turn in any weapon YOU own.

Trust me when I say: MD will find a way.
:coffee: