Gino's

SandieGarry

Anyone remember the Gino's fast food chain? The one I fondly remember was in the Park in the shopping center where Peebles is now. Well guess what? They're back in business :yahoo: The closest one is Glen Burnie. I ate at the one in Towson today on the way to Pa. Of course I had a Gino Giant. OMG, it was as awesome as I remember. Now all I have to do is get the money and bring a franchise back to SoMd.

psc93

I remember them. They used to be in St Mary's Square in that small building at the front, right hand side, where Roy Rogers used to be. They even sold Kentucky Fried Chicken before there were KFC franchises. The food was actually decent, they had this sandwich called the Giant that I really liked. I'm not sure why they closed. I thought it had something to do with KFC deciding they were only going to let their own restaurants sell KFC chicken. I also remember their silly tv commercials, which featured Gino, the Genie, from Ginos.

sdm

Anyone remember the Gino's fast food chain? The one I fondly remember was in the Park in the shopping center where Peebles is now. Well guess what? They're back in business :yahoo: The closest one is Glen Burnie. I ate at the one in Towson today on the way to Pa. Of course I had a Gino Giant. OMG, it was as awesome as I remember. Now all I have to do is get the money and bring a franchise back to SoMd.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Where in Glen Burnie???? I need to go get a Gino Giant and a Hero Burger!!!!!

black dog

Free America
. In 1973 I worked at Gino's KFC in Bethesda, I worked the grill and pressure cookers for chicken .LOL

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gino's Hamburgers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gino's Hamburgers was a fast-food restaurant chain founded in Baltimore, Maryland, by Baltimore Colts defensive end Gino Marchetti and running back Alan Ameche, along with their close friend Louis Fischer, in 1957. In Dundalk, Maryland, just outside Baltimore, it got its official name in 1959 when the owners brought on Colts' captain Gino Marchetti. It was an East Coast regional fast food restaurant and had 359 company-owned locations when it was acquired by Marriott Corporation in 1982. Marriott discontinued the brand and converted locations to their Roy Rogers Restaurants chain.[1] The last Gino's, located in Pasadena, Maryland and owned independently from Marriott, closed in 1986.

The restaurant was known for high-quality hamburgers such as the Sirloiner, which was made from sirloin steak, and the Gino Giant, which predated and later competed with the Big Mac. The company held the franchise for Kentucky Fried Chicken in the middle-Atlantic states. The company’s jingle, played during radio advertisements in the early years was “Everybody goes to Gino’s, ‘cause Gino’s is the place to go!"[2]

The original menu included french fries made fresh in each restaurant. One of the last menu changes included burgers made from fresh ground beef each morning, unique in the fast food industry at the time.[citation needed]

The company also became known for its philanthropic efforts.[3] The executives of the company supported many educational, cultural, recreational, and athletic programs. This made the community and the company tied with the common goal of trying to help the youth.

Figures Marriott was responsible .......

SoMdDude

Growing up in northern va, we had a couple Gino's in Arlington, they were just meh IMO

Now Little Taverns are supposed to be making a comeback according to their website, but its been over a year and none have opened yet Home

Baltimore_Colt

I "liked" their page quite awhile ago on facebook. If you have a facebook account, check it out. It'll tell you all you want to know about Gino's....past, present and future.

SandieGarry

Glen Burnie Gino's

Here ya go !! 7598 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie

The first one in Md to reopen was the one in Towson that we ate at yesterday. OMG, it's funny, my wife is from Philly and we've been talking about Gino's for years. Now we can eat a Gino's Giant, again. Seriously considering trying to open one here in So Md.

Baltimore_Colt

Interesting name on this thread- any relation?

Me? No. Just an old school Baltimore Colts fan who vaguely recalls the Gino's in Lexington Park. I seem to recall some Colts memorabilia on display in the window or somewhere in the establishment when I was a youngin'. Like a helmet (probably Gino Marchetti's....but who knows) and some other items. Maybe a banner or something. Good times.

There was one in Waldorf where the Einstein Bagels is now. It was Gino's, then Roy Rogers.

RidgeChick

I remember them. They used to be in St Mary's Square in that small building at the front, right hand side, where Roy Rogers used to be. They even sold Kentucky Fried Chicken before there were KFC franchises. The food was actually decent, they had this sandwich called the Giant that I really liked. I'm not sure why they closed. I thought it had something to do with KFC deciding they were only going to let their own restaurants sell KFC chicken. I also remember their silly tv commercials, which featured Gino, the Genie, from Ginos.

Mom used to take us there every Friday afternoon after grocery shopping....the best fish sandwich ever.....