Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lighthouse Restaurant on Solomons

Blog Entries

Lighthouse Restaurant on Solomons

From Clarke's Landing's FB page:

WE WOULD LOVE TO INFORM ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS & FRIENDS THAT TODAY THE SHRIVER FAMILY PURCHASED THE HISTORIC LIGHTHOUSE RESTAURANT PROPERTY LOCATED ON SOLOMONS ISLAND. WE WILL BEGIN REBUILDING THE RESTAURANT IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS AND LOOK FORWARD TO OUR GRAND OPENING IN 2014. WE ARE VERY EXCITED ABOUT OUR NEW VENTURE AND HOPE YOU ALL WILL FOLLOW US TO SOLOMONS ISLAND NEXT YEAR !!!

"In the heart of the night
    Oh, down in New Orleans"

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    From Clarke's Landing's FB page:

Very Good News!!!

Blog Entries
    But from what I understand, they are not going to have two restaurants and will be moving their operations there.

Blueprint of the front of the new restaurant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"In the heart of the night
    Oh, down in New Orleans"

Can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    But from what I understand, they are not going to have two restaurants and will be moving their operations there.

Blueprint of the front of the new restaurant.
    Mixed feelings. Had a lot of good memories at Clarkes Landing, plus I am sure the prices will go way up. Hope they still have the same good food. I will miss the old feeling of the place though. Plus they had a nicer view I think.

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    Plus they had a nicer view I think.
    Yep.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

Mixed feelings here too. Back in the day, the Lighthouse was practically the only "high end" restaurant in southern MD. We took our clients to dinner there, or we took them to Oakwood. Or we simply ate at "MAryland Way" in the Holiday Inn..which was about the only hotel in the area back in those days that didn't charge rooms by the hour.

Expecting that the "location" and "the old name" will magically sprout a new restaurant that is as good or better as the old one was?...local restuarant history suggests not, unfortunately.

But I'll be right there in line with everyone else to give 'em a try!
    "Never loan out your wife or your chainsaw. It's too easy to throw a rod in either one. " -Abraham Lincoln

I'll miss Clarks' Landing. Son and a niece worked there in their high school days. Best of luck to their new endeavor, I'll stop on by.
    Barack Obola- I don't fix problems. I fix blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Mixed feelings here too. Back in the day, the Lighthouse was practically the only "high end" restaurant in southern MD. We took our clients to dinner there, or we took them to Oakwood. Or we simply ate at "MAryland Way" in the Holiday Inn..which was about the only hotel in the area back in those days that didn't charge rooms by the hour.

Expecting that the "location" and "the old name" will magically sprout a new restaurant that is as good or better as the old one was?...local restuarant history suggests not, unfortunately.

But I'll be right there in line with everyone else to give 'em a try!
    Agree Gilligan, remember when the lighthouse first was built and worked at Pax, great food excellent service. Only time will tell if it can be repeated. Many good memories and meals there.
    Walk through the fire Fly through the smoke

I miss the Lighthouse Inn...
    I had ordered their crab sandwich thinking it was a crab cake on a bun...
    Boy was I wrong... They were the first ones I ever had serve a crab sandwich using a soft shell with the legs hanging out! I just couldn't eat it.. Ended up with Crab
    Imperial. Yes.. Good memories!

Although I do miss having the lighthouse as a seafood option.... Their dinners were awesome! Then after we found out the lighthouse wasn't being rebuilt, we tried the Bluefin in Annapolis and found it to be pretty good... At first it was difficult trying to figure out when they were open for dinner.... I think that's been all worked out : )

WOO HOO.. Clarkes Landing for Lunch!
    Love the shrimp salad sandwiches! Can't wait...

June
    If its simple enough for a child to understand it should be simple enough for others!