Lighthouse Restaurant on Solomons

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
From Clarke's Landing's FB page:

WE WOULD LOVE TO INFORM ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS & FRIENDS THAT TODAY THE SHRIVER FAMILY PURCHASED THE HISTORIC LIGHTHOUSE RESTAURANT PROPERTY LOCATED ON SOLOMONS ISLAND. WE WILL BEGIN REBUILDING THE RESTAURANT IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS AND LOOK FORWARD TO OUR GRAND OPENING IN 2014. WE ARE VERY EXCITED ABOUT OUR NEW VENTURE AND HOPE YOU ALL WILL FOLLOW US TO SOLOMONS ISLAND NEXT YEAR !!!

:yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
But from what I understand, they are not going to have two restaurants and will be moving their operations there.

Blueprint of the front of the new restaurant.

Attachments

• Lighthouse Restaurant plans.jpg
    Lighthouse Restaurant plans.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 565
But from what I understand, they are not going to have two restaurants and will be moving their operations there.

Mixed feelings. Had a lot of good memories at Clarkes Landing, plus I am sure the prices will go way up. Hope they still have the same good food. I will miss the old feeling of the place though. Plus they had a nicer view I think.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Mixed feelings here too. Back in the day, the Lighthouse was practically the only "high end" restaurant in southern MD. We took our clients to dinner there, or we took them to Oakwood. Or we simply ate at "MAryland Way" in the Holiday Inn..which was about the only hotel in the area back in those days that didn't charge rooms by the hour.

Expecting that the "location" and "the old name" will magically sprout a new restaurant that is as good or better as the old one was?...local restuarant history suggests not, unfortunately.

But I'll be right there in line with everyone else to give 'em a try! :buddies:

edinsomd

I'll miss Clarks' Landing. Son and a niece worked there in their high school days. Best of luck to their new endeavor, I'll stop on by.

RPMDAD

Mixed feelings here too. Back in the day, the Lighthouse was practically the only "high end" restaurant in southern MD. We took our clients to dinner there, or we took them to Oakwood. Or we simply ate at "MAryland Way" in the Holiday Inn..which was about the only hotel in the area back in those days that didn't charge rooms by the hour.

Expecting that the "location" and "the old name" will magically sprout a new restaurant that is as good or better as the old one was?...local restuarant history suggests not, unfortunately.

But I'll be right there in line with everyone else to give 'em a try! :buddies:

Agree Gilligan, remember when the lighthouse first was built and worked at Pax, great food excellent service. Only time will tell if it can be repeated. Many good memories and meals there.

ladyhawk

I miss the Lighthouse Inn...
I had ordered their crab sandwich thinking it was a crab cake on a bun...
Boy was I wrong... They were the first ones I ever had serve a crab sandwich using a soft shell with the legs hanging out! I just couldn't eat it.. Ended up with Crab
Imperial. Yes.. Good memories!

Although I do miss having the lighthouse as a seafood option.... Their dinners were awesome! Then after we found out the lighthouse wasn't being rebuilt, we tried the Bluefin in Annapolis and found it to be pretty good... At first it was difficult trying to figure out when they were open for dinner.... I think that's been all worked out : )

WOO HOO.. Clarkes Landing for Lunch!
Love the shrimp salad sandwiches! Can't wait...

June

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
I'll miss Clarks' Landing. Son and a niece worked there in their high school days. Best of luck to their new endeavor, I'll stop on by.

Probably won't be closing, just changing ownership and hopefully not still serving crappy food:barf:

I miss the Lighthouse Inn...
I had ordered their crab sandwich thinking it was a crab cake on a bun...
Boy was I wrong... They were the first ones I ever had serve a crab sandwich using a soft shell with the legs hanging out! I just couldn't eat it.. Ended up with Crab
Imperial. Yes.. Good memories!

Although I do miss having the lighthouse as a seafood option.... Their dinners were awesome! Then after we found out the lighthouse wasn't being rebuilt, we tried the Bluefin in Annapolis and found it to be pretty good... At first it was difficult trying to figure out when they were open for dinner.... I think that's been all worked out : )

WOO HOO.. Clarkes Landing for Lunch!
Love the shrimp salad sandwiches! Can't wait...

June

Agree Gilligan, remember when the lighthouse first was built and worked at Pax, great food excellent service. Only time will tell if it can be repeated. Many good memories and meals there.

And the bar was way cool!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Between the old Catamaran's being bought and this new restaurant being built, it should breathe some much needed life into Solomons Island.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yep..it sure was. I used to know who built it...now I don't remember. I seem to recall it might have been Pepper Langley?...
The Skipjack Bar at the old Lighthouse Inn was built by
Pepper Langley,
Reds Langley
and Jimmy Langley
to be exact.
It was the real deal, not a facade.
It was constructed as a real skipjack
with the bottom removed !

Last edited:

sockgirl77

That makes me sad. I love their location now, minus the lack of parking. :ohwell: BUT, kudos to them. They are a fantastic restaurant and certainly have grown out of their spot. :clap:

sockgirl77

Probably won't be closing, just changing ownership and hopefully not still serving crappy food:barf:

Crappy food? I've been going there my entire life and I've never ever had crappy food there. Hell, I've never even had crappy service there. I'm super picky about both so me not having one single complaint EVER...a miracle!

ohstate

Between the old Catamaran's being bought and this new restaurant being built, it should breathe some much needed life into Solomons Island.

What is going on at the old Catamarans? Drove by it this weekend and noticed the renovation, but hadn't seen any news about it. I'm sure I'm just out of the loop.