Dem Congressman Explodes on Fox News

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dem Congressman Explodes on Fox News, Calls Sean Hannity ‘Immoral’ and a Lying ‘Shill for the Republican Party’

After repeatedly interrupting and talking over Hannity, Ellison at one point accused the host of being “immoral” and a liar, saying he says things that aren’t true on his program.

The comments came after Hannity attempted to ask Ellison whether or not it was “immoral” to rack up massive amounts of federal debt.

“You are immoral. You tell lies,” Ellison replied. “You say things that aren’t true.”

“Give me one example, sir,” Hannity replied.

“Well, to try to say that it is the president’s fault and he is to blame is wrong, and it’s a lie,” Ellison said.

When Hannity pressed about President Barack Obama adding roughly $6 trillion to the $16.5 trillion federal debt, Ellison instead focused on “the other [$10 trillion].”

:killingme

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Well I agree with Ellison on the point that Hannity is not a journalist. I'd add that he's not a conservative either.

Vince

Dem Congressman Explodes on Fox News, Calls Sean Hannity ‘Immoral’ and a Lying ‘Shill for the Republican Party’

When Hannity pressed about President Barack Obama adding roughly $6 trillion to the $16.5 trillion federal debt, Ellison instead focused on “the other [$10 trillion].”
Hannity was correct about Obama and Ellison didn't like it and changed the subject as Dems will do. Just like a magician Dems will show you what's in one hand while the other hand is doing something else. See I'm not doing anything with this hand.

bcp

In My Opinion
Liberal play book rule one

When the opposing side starts to mention something that is true, and cannot be defended, call them names and try to change the subject.

Rule two
If they refuse to change back to what you want to talk about, raise voice and repeat rule one.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Well I agree with Ellison on the point that Hannity is not a journalist. I'd add that he's not a conservative either.

He claims to be a conservative commentator, not a journalist. But he is more of a Republican cheerleader than a conservative. Maybe a neo-con, but definitely not a traditionla conservative.

tommyjo

Hannity was correct about Obama and Ellison didn't like it and changed the subject as Dems will do. Just like a magician Dems will show you what's in one hand while the other hand is doing something else. See I'm not doing anything with this hand.

Not one bit different from Republicans...they are all cut from the same cloth...

bcp

In My Opinion
Not one bit different from Republicans...they are all cut from the same cloth...

they need to sew up the pockets on that cloth and start refusing to fund all the damn social programs that the leache,, democrats try to create and fund.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Perfect opportunity for Hannity to counter with "So, what you're saying is that Barack Obama is just like George W Bush, yes??"

But, we can't have that, can we?

bcp

In My Opinion
Perfect opportunity for Hannity to counter with "So, what you're saying is that Barack Obama is just like George W Bush, yes??"

But, we can't have that, can we?

Really?
You know that President Bush has been out of office now for some time right?
Can we just stick to who now holds the blame for the budget problems?

and can we agree that the debt that President Bush ran up could have been temporary and paid off yet the debt that obama and the dems are running up can never be paid off and is only going to keep increasing from now till the country totally folds..(shortly after January 2016)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Really?

and can we agree that the debt that President Bush ran up could have been temporary and paid off yet the debt that obama and the dems are running up can never be paid off and is only going to keep increasing from now till the country totally folds..(shortly after January 2016)

Do you like losing? I don't.

We are in the mess we are in BECAUSE of the major policy CHOICES and DECISIONS Bush made. Losing the wars, TARP, Med D, $100 oil, bailing out GM, Pat Act. Those choices lead to Obama being an acceptable option to rather left leaning leadership of the GOP. Why not have the real thing?

Well, now we do and Obama is continuing the mess by, on larger issues, continuing Bush's big government choices, issue after issue. They are FAR more alike than different in terms of what they choose to do, where they choose to lead us.

So, if we are going to get out of the mess, we need two things; recognition of what doesn't work and STOP doing it.

Bush provides the PERFECT foil for Obama to defeat him politically; Too much like George.

:buddies:

bcp

In My Opinion
Do you like losing? I don't.

We are in the mess we are in BECAUSE of the major policy CHOICES and DECISIONS Bush made. Losing the wars, TARP, Med D, $100 oil, bailing out GM, Pat Act. Those choices lead to Obama being an acceptable option to rather left leaning leadership of the GOP. Why not have the real thing?

:buddies:

once more.
the wars, how much of the increase in the DOD was from the wars? from building the military back up after 8 years of neglect from Clinton? (that weakend us to the point of not being able to do the job when needed) from normal inflation etc... And, the money spent on wars is finite, it could have been paid down.. actually, still could if there was money to put toward it.

The bailouts, as I described above where Signed by President Bush, however he was pushed by congress, obama asked him to do it, and the left public were non-stop on the radio crying about how President Bush was going to kill the auto industry because he would not help.

Med D? Pretty sure it was not a cost that was in the trillions of never ending expense.

$100.00 oil? I was not aware that President Bush set the price for OPEC, I thank you for informing me of this. Although, we can say that the wars pushed the price up, so in a way, he is at fault.

Patriot Act, should have been a temporary thing at best, same with the department of Homeland Security. They dont do anything anyway, so yes, total waste of money. You want security? Hire the Isralies to come in and work security. This would also allow the demolition of the TSA. Just think, no more feeling up old women and young children.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Patriot Act, should have been a temporary thing at best, same with the department of Homeland Security. They dont do anything anyway, so yes, total waste of money. You want security? Hire the Isralies to come in and work security. This would also allow the demolition of the TSA. Just think, no more feeling up old women and young children.

Has anyone demonstrated that the combined Department of Homeland Security is significantly more expensive than the total of the composite agencies which were consolidated? You would have to, of course, consider the excess expense of a separate Department, it's infrastructure and new missions but I'd like to know how much more DHS costs.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
once more.
the wars, how much of the increase in the DOD was from the wars? from building the military back up after 8 years of neglect from Clinton? (that weakend us to the point of not being able to do the job when needed) That's crap. from normal inflation etc... And, the money spent on wars is finite, it could have been paid down.. actually, still could if there was money to put toward it.

The bailouts, as I described above where Signed by President Bush, however he was pushed by congress, obama asked him to do it, and the left public were non-stop on the radio crying about how President Bush was going to kill the auto industry because he would not help. Again and again and again, what's the point of us winning ANY election if we're simply going to hide behind the excuses that 'they' made us do it? That is so inane I can't even stand it!

Med D? Pretty sure it was not a cost that was in the trillions of never ending expense.

$100.00 oil? I was not aware that President Bush set the price for OPEC, I thank you for informing me of this. So, we can go to war for oil but we are helpless as to what the price is? Stop it. Just stop. Although, we can say that the wars pushed the price up, so in a way, he is at fault.

I don't want security behind tyranny. I want it the old fashioned way; win wars and there will be the peace.

bcp

In My Opinion
I don't want security behind tyranny. I want it the old fashioned way; win wars and there will be the peace.

winning wars never brought peace.

as far as the U.S going to war for oil?? I was under the impression that the U.S went to war because of 9/11.
but, even if we did, are you saying that I can come and throw rocks at you and your employees and you will suddenly start selling me flowers at half the price you sell to others? really? you would give me that much control over your bottom line?

tommyjo

After repeatedly interrupting and talking over Hannity, Ellison at one point accused the host of being “immoral” and a liar, saying he says things that aren’t true on his program.

The comments came after Hannity attempted to ask Ellison whether or not it was “immoral” to rack up massive amounts of federal debt.

“You are immoral. You tell lies,” Ellison replied. “You say things that aren’t true.”

“Give me one example, sir,” Hannity replied.

“Well, to try to say that it is the president’s fault and he is to blame is wrong, and it’s a lie,” Ellison said.

:killingme

How do you watch this garbage? The entire first section is just a joke. The President uses the same speech on the same talking points in different parts of the country. Its the same thing any politician does...good lord...what an idiotic collage from a political puppet.

How many times can you pull "On the right side of history", "On the wrong side of history" commentary for Sean Hannity?

tommyjo

Really?

Good lord...the debt President Bush ran up could have been temporary???

How?

*Tax cuts? They have been in place for 10+ years and were just made "permanent" for 98-99%% of tax payers...how is that temporary

* Medicare Part D: unfunded...no funding exists today...not a single bill has been put forth to eliminate Part D...how is that temporary...

*Afghanistan and IRAQ: also on the credit card... (still racking up bills there)

* Stimulus part 1... (haven't repaid that)

*take over of Fannie and Freddie (still paying for that one)

*Allowing Lehman to fail...which turned a recession into a credit crunch and damn near into a depression...still paying all the costs associated with preventing a freefall into depression and the agonzingly slow recovery from a credit crisis.

*What happened under the Bush Administration to reign in spending on Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security? Nothing...as noted above Medicare was EXPANDED under Mr. Bush.

It is ridiculous...utterly ridiculous when you or anyone state that EVERY decision or non-decision made prior to January 20(?) of 2009 had ABSOLUTLEY NO impact on the deficit. In fact, it is beyond ridiculous...it is moronic

MMDad

Lem Putt
How do you watch this garbage? The entire first section is just a joke. The President uses the same speech on the same talking points in different parts of the country. Its the same thing any politician does...good lord...what an idiotic collage from a political puppet.

How many times can you pull "On the right side of history", "On the wrong side of history" commentary for Sean Hannity?

Good job completely ignoring Ellison. Anything that doesn't look good for your side you just ignore. Nothing but a partisan hack.

bcp

In My Opinion
Good lord...the debt President Bush ran up could have been temporary???

How?

*Tax cuts? They have been in place for 10+ years and were just made "permanent" for 98-99%% of tax payers...how is that temporary
Tax cuts were temporary, since they just went up, and President Bush has been out of office, who's fault is now?

* Medicare Part D: unfunded...no funding exists today...not a single bill has been put forth to eliminate Part D...how is that temporary...
actually, To no fault of your own, I blame your liberal teachers, if you read what I wrote That Medicare Part D was not going to run up trillions in debt, your blackjesuscare howver is going to continue to grow.

*Afghanistan and IRAQ: also on the credit card... (still racking up bills there)
end the war, end the cost and eventually it can be paid off, now since its still going on, who is to blame for that? you all should have voted for that obama guy that said he was going to end the wars and have all troops home in 6 months.

* Stimulus part 1... (haven't repaid that) Read again, Democratic congress backed by some begging from obama before he took office, along with all the liberals crying how President Bush was going to destroy the country if he didnt sign the Stimulus,, well, I guess you agree with me on this one, GM should have failed. no bailouts, not even for the banks that were forced to write the bad loans under threat from Clinton,

*take over of Fannie and Freddie (still paying for that one)
again, September of 2008. in an attempt to fix/hide what Clinton did (remember the republicans trying to point the oncoming failure to the dems who wouldnt listen as far back as 2002)

*Allowing Lehman to fail...which turned a recession into a credit crunch and damn near into a depression...still paying all the costs associated with preventing a freefall into depression and the agonzingly slow recovery from a credit crisis.
Part of the deal obama and the house democrats begged to have done. However I find it interesting that it was a bad thing not letting GM fail, but it would have been a good thing to let Lehman fail,, I wonder if one or the other failed, what would have the greater impact on the world economy.??? tough one for sure.

*What happened under the Bush Administration to reign in spending on Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security? Nothing...as noted above Medicare was EXPANDED under Mr. Bush.
Medicare and social security are paid for through payroll contributions, however, lets talk about how something like entitlements have gone up since bammy took over.

It is ridiculous...utterly ridiculous when you or anyone state that EVERY decision or non-decision made prior to January 20(?) of 2009 had ABSOLUTLEY NO impact on the deficit. In fact, it is beyond ridiculous...it is moronic

Oh, they had impact, but I find it moronic that your or anyone states that something like a war, with FINITE expesens is going to hurt the country more than an entitlement program like obamacare that is INFINITE.

except for the medicaid part D, all of the Bush F-ups could have been fixed. Taxes could have been fixed, the war expense could have been paid off. even the bailouts could have been paid off.
but, since the first round failed, why did obama go on spending more on what already had proven not to work.