S.E. Cupp Pulls Out of CPAC

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
S.E. Cupp Pulls Out of CPAC Until Groups Representing Gay Republicans Are Embraced

TheBlaze TV’s S.E. Cupp on Tuesday announced she is pulling out of CPAC until the annual conservative gathering welcomes GOP groups that support gay marriage. Two prominent groups representing gay Republicans, GOProud and Log Cabin Republicans, will reportedly not be in attendance at CPAC.

“I go to CPAC every year. I love speaking there. It’s a great opportunity for conservatives, young and old from all over the world, to get together and sort of touch base,” Cupp said on MSNBC’s “The Cycle.”

CPAC has reportedly permitted groups advocating for gay marriage to attend, however, they are unable to sponsor the event. Cupp said that is a bit of a “cop-out” on the issue.

“We should be lucky to be having these guys do any work instead of turning them away. I don’t think we can afford that right now,” she said.”

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Again with the gay fascination.

I have an awful lot of respect for an atheist caucusing with the Republican talking-heads. But now it's gone. I'd have nothing but respect if she shunned CPAC because it's overrun by neocon fascists who stand for increasing the power of The State.

Another phony a la Ann Coulter.

Buh. Bye.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
S.E. CUPP TELLS THEBLAZE WHY SHE SUPPORTS GAY REPUBLICAN GROUPS — AND HOW THE GOP SHOULD HANDLE THE ISSUE

TheBlaze TV’s S.E. Cupp captured headlines on Tuesday after she announced that she’s backing out of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) until gay Republican groups are officially welcomed. Her decision was rooted in the notion that CPAC reportedly allows gay groups to attend, but does not permit them to sponsor the event — something she called a “cop-out” of sorts. On Wednesday, TheBlaze interviewed Cupp to speak further about her views on same-sex marriage and how the GOP should be handling the issue.

First and foremost, we asked Cupp how she believes the party should be handling the complex social debate — one that is increasingly dividing Republicans. In an e-mail response, she explained that the GOP should be celebrating and acknowledging that it is a party of intellectual diversity. This is true not only on the same-sex marriage front, but also on a myriad of other important issues.

“Libertarians, social conservatives and even fiscal hawks have different views on gay marriage, and even within those subsets of the party there are different foundational backgrounds and perspectives on the issue,” Cupp noted. “That’s not a bad thing. What we can’t do, as a party, is castigate or marginalize the conservatives whose support we already enjoy for their positions on gay rights.”

Just as she has defended the notion that the party should embrace gay conservatives, Cupp also spoke about the importance of not disparaging those who disagree with these unions. She noted her personal qualms with the Republican Party’s official stance on gay marriage, but said that she has no intention of speaking out against conservatives who stand in opposition to these rights for homosexual couples.

“There are interesting, well-intentioned and valid religious, constitutional and economic arguments against gay marriage, and those arguments should be given a voice,” she added. “But we allow for nuanced differences of opinion on fiscal issues, national security, foreign policy and elsewhere without questioning each others’ conservative credentials. We should allow for differences of opinion on gay marriage as well.”

Last edited: