Christie Not Sweating CPAC Snub

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) isn't losing sleep over not being invited to the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference. "That's their prerogative," Christie told the Wall Street Journal Wednesday. "They get to decide."

Christie added, "I wish them the best."

Despite his high approval rating, event organizers snubbed the New Jersey governor over his rhetoric toward House Republicans in the wake of superstorm Sandy. "He made it very hard for Republicans in the Congress at a time when we were trying to deal with fiscal restraint," American Conservative Union chair Al Cardenas told the Journal earlier. The American Conservative Union organizes the conference.

The conference, commonly referred to as CPAC, is an annual gathering of prominent conservatives. This year, Sarah Palin, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R ), among others, are scheduled to speak."

bcp

In My Opinion
Isnt it funny.
the left hated Christy till he ran his head up obamas ass while blowing kisses,,
the right loved him right up till that same point.

I predict he will be a democrat before 2014.

Toxick

Splat
Isnt it funny.
the left hated Christy till he ran his head up obamas ass while blowing kisses,,
the right loved him right up till that same point.

I predict he will be a democrat before 2014.

Same thing will happen with Christy that happened with McCain. Many on the left were fond of saying, "I could live with John McCain as president".

As soon as be became the primary front-runner, he became the ####ing Antichrist. Just behind Palin and just ahead of Satan in terms of Pure Evil.

Same with Christy. I see him remaining Republican. I see him running for president in 2016. I see the left savagely besmirching his name at every opportunity and making fun of how fat he is, and engaging in every other nasty thing they normally do.

Oddly, the right (who currently feel betrayed and are running roughshod over him now) will hail him as the second coming.

It is for this reason the two-party system is an abortion that needs to be flushed.

bcp

In My Opinion
Same thing will happen with Christy that happened with McCain. Many on the left were fond of saying, "I could live with John McCain as president".

As soon as be became the primary front-runner, he became the ####ing Antichrist. Just behind Palin and just ahead of Satan in terms of Pure Evil.

Same with Christy. I see him remaining Republican. I see him running for president in 2016. I see the left savagely besmirching his name at every opportunity and making fun of how fat he is, and engaging in every other nasty thing they normally do.

Oddly, the right (who currently feel betrayed and are running roughshod over him now) will hail him as the second coming.

It is for this reason the two-party system is an abortion that needs to be flushed.

You might be right about him running for nomination on the republican ticket, but do you actually see him getting the win to run? then again, look at who the republicans ran the last few times.

Yep, I can see Christy up there for the loss. I dont think republicans really want to win anymore.

Pete

Repete

What better way to be a "centrist" than to be hated by both sides?

tommyjo

I wonder how things would be different had McCain won the Republican nomination in 2000 instead of 43?

He couldn't have done anything about 9/11...but maybe an more intelligent President wouldn't shoved us so forcefully towards economic ruin...maybe he would have kept his eye on the ball...instead of whatever it was we tried to do in Iraq.

Maybe...we wouldn't have had one weak leader followed by an inept "leader"...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wonder how things would be different had McCain won the Republican nomination in 2000 instead of 43?

He couldn't have done anything about 9/11...but maybe an more intelligent President wouldn't shoved us so forcefully towards economic ruin...maybe he would have kept his eye on the ball...instead of whatever it was we tried to do in Iraq.

Hi sweetie. You are up late. Why haven't you responded to all the questions your previous posts have raised? Did you take your lithium? I hope so. Come back and post twice in one thread to indicate "yes, I took my lithium".:howdy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

For one, that presumes McCain would have beaten Gore.

For two, few Senators know less of what they are talking about than McCain, quite an accomplishment considering. Watching him prattle, aimlessly, about Sunni and Shia, clearly having no idea the difference, really scared the crap out of me in the summer of '08. That and his blather about Georgia and the Russians. "We're all Georgians now". :wtf:

A much more interesting 'what if' would have been had Gore been able to carry his own home state and thus beaten Dubbya. That would have continued the national success of a GOP congress running herd over a D in the WH, would have provided real over sight, real checks and balance and, had Gore chosen, like his predecessor and like Dubbya did, to continue to take their chances with bin Laden, maybe we would have actually fought to win?

In any event, the counter intuitive likelihood is that we would have had far more conservative governance with Gore in the WH than with Bush 43.

McCain in the WH, man, that's terrifying.

bcp

In My Opinion
For one, that presumes McCain would have beaten Gore.

For two, few Senators know less of what they are talking about than McCain, quite an accomplishment considering. Watching him prattle, aimlessly, about Sunni and Shia, clearly having no idea the difference, really scared the crap out of me in the summer of '08. That and his blather about Georgia and the Russians. "We're all Georgians now". :wtf:

A much more interesting 'what if' would have been had Gore been able to carry his own home state and thus beaten Dubbya. That would have continued the national success of a GOP congress running herd over a D in the WH, would have provided real over sight, real checks and balance and, had Gore chosen, like his predecessor and like Dubbya did, to continue to take their chances with bin Laden, maybe we would have actually fought to win?

In any event, the counter intuitive likelihood is that we would have had far more conservative governance with Gore in the WH than with Bush 43.

McCain in the WH, man, that's terrifying.

Sounds right if you think about it from an 08 perspective, but now that you know, (or should know) that Al Gore is batdoodoo crazy,, would you really have wanted him in office?
by now we would have had a fart tax to battle global warming..
On the bright side, if i went a few days without farting, I could have sold off my fart credits for cash

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sounds right if you think about it from an 08 perspective, but now that you know, (or should know) that Al Gore is batdoodoo crazy,, would you really have wanted him in office?
by now we would have had a fart tax to battle global warming..
On the bright side, if i went a few days without farting, I could have sold off my fart credits for cash

I can't stand Gore, not now, not ever. It has been part tragic, part comedy watching him use the environmental movement to make himself really, really rich. Before that, it was just a hoot listening to a tree actually talk.

However, fart tax or no, would you prefer Gore with a GOP congress and take our chances with that or what we had with Dubbya? For me, the choice is easy. I would MUCH prefer having the congress and they can have the WH.

Just like you folks defend Bush and blame as much as possible on the media and the congress and the weather, if that is so, look at what a GOP congress did with Clinton in office. With a left bias media.

There is simply no way, in my view, a GOP congress does Med D or TSA or Pat Act or DHS or TARP or continues to ignore immigration or, if we'd gone to war, allows a D potus Gore much room to roam.