ICE official resigns

bcp

In My Opinion
Gary Mead Resigns After Immigrants Are Freed Because Of Spending Cuts

President Barack Obama's spokesman said Wednesday the White House was never consulted but described the immigrants as "low-risk, non-criminal detainees.

So Mead decides he is now empowered to release non-criminal illegals? Why is he not being charged with a crime himself? And how much did Napolitano know? Who did she tell? Who authorized this?

And why when anything happens, the whitehouse comes out after a day or so of silence and claims they knew nothing till after whatever happened happened.

Seems to me like there is no leadership.
or, the whitehouse just does things, then waits a day or two to determine public opinion, then makes whichever statement best keeps them in the clear

MMM_donuts

This isn't something that's limited to illegals and definitely isn't anything new.

My brother is a felon, he gets into trouble all the time - everything from illegally tattooing underagers to stealing catalytic converters to driving without a license to being in the wrong state while on parole but the states of TN and AR don't concern themselves with him since he isn't violent. He can't pay any fines anyways.

Inkd

Gary Mead Resigns After Immigrants Are Freed Because Of Spending Cuts

President Barack Obama's spokesman said Wednesday the White House was never consulted but described the immigrants as "low-risk, non-criminal detainees.

So Mead decides he is now empowered to release non-criminal illegals? Why is he not being charged with a crime himself? And how much did Napolitano know? Who did she tell? Who authorized this?

So why were they being detained?

Did they volunteer?

Inkd

According to the National Immigration Forum, it costs the government about $164 a day to keep an undocumented immigrant facing deportation jailed. In a report on immigration detention costs last year, the advocacy group said costs for supervised release can range from about 30 cents to $14 a day.

Cost's about .09cents for a bullet.

RPMDAD

And why when anything happens, the whitehouse comes out after a day or so of silence and claims they knew nothing till after whatever happened happened.

Seems to me like there is no leadership.
or, the whitehouse just does things, then waits a day or two to determine public opinion, then makes whichever statement best keeps them in the clear

How many times has that bozo in the white house said he didn't know anything about it. Him, Holder and Napolitano whatever should all be fired.

limblips

PREMO Member
According to the National Immigration Forum, it costs the government about $164 a day to keep an undocumented immigrant facing deportation jailed. In a report on immigration detention costs last year, the advocacy group said costs for supervised release can range from about 30 cents to $14 a day.

Deport them and save $164.00/day. A Greyhound ticket to the border is cheap!

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Deport them and save $164.00/day. A Greyhound ticket to the border is cheap!

With all the miles being put on Air Force One, why not fill the hold with illegals and let them skydive southward across the border? Once AF1 gets within 50 miles, they should be able to stretch a glide back home.

bcp

In My Opinion

How much of that 164 is a fixed cost?
as in, guards that will be there anyway, building upkeep that will be there anyway, electric bills that wont change due to the number of prisoners?
How much really can it cost to give Pedro 3 cheap meals a day and a shower every other day? because to be honest, thats really all they are spending. They could save just as much by keeping pedro in jail and cutting off cable and phones for the prisoners.

Inkd

How much of that 164 is a fixed cost?
as in, guards that will be there anyway, building upkeep that will be there anyway, electric bills that wont change due to the number of prisoners?
How much really can it cost to give Pedro 3 cheap meals a day and a shower every other day? because to be honest, thats really all they are spending. They could save just as much by keeping pedro in jail and cutting off cable and phones for the prisoners.

I don't know how much is a fixed cost. All I know is that for a 9 cent bullet, you could save a hell of alot of money.

I saw a comment on another forum where the Sheriff where this happened was pissed as he77.

I wondered if it was in Maricopa County. Sheriff Joe has had a long running feud with the feds.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Latest update is he wasn't in trouble and nobody asked for his resignation, in fact he retired as planned.

So apparently this wasn't his idea, they just want you to think it was. .