Obama UFB

RPMDAD

Can't imagine what the press would have to say if a Republican President had even thought of this.

So, the president is not disbanding his campaign, and in fact will be continuing to raise money for what was a billion-dollar effort last year. Big donors will reportedly be able to get face time with the president for helping finance the ongoing effort.

Now we learn that the president’s campaign manager will be keeping his position at OFA, previously known as Organizing for America and Obama for America, now called Organizing for Action, but taking on other like-minded clients.

The sitting president will have a permanent, personal, well-funded campaign arm that peddles access to the commander in chief and deploys those funds to help the president win ongoing political fights ahead of the midterm elections. And now, the campaign manager will be able to open up side ventures with corporations, campaigns and groups who he believes share the president’s aims.

What could possibly go wrong?

This evolving story about access, influence, the permanency of campaigning and the diminished role of the president as a dealmaker in Washington is fascinating in many ways. But two things stand out: What it says about the bias of the political press and what it says about the failure of the U.S. campaign finance system.

Read more: Obama Inc. Is Proud to Announce an Expansion | Fox News

PsyOps

Pixelated
I guess the logical question to ask is: is it illegal?

The one thing I have to admire in Obama and the democrats is they are brilliant in devising and dispersing their message. They are light years ahead of the republicans. As much as I might hate how Obama is handling his job, as much as I might hate his agenda, and as much as I might hate his message, he is using his organizing skills to reach the people with his message. The democrats have organized a brilliant method and the GOP will continue to lose battles and elections until they figure out how to counter this.

Limbaugh keeps talking about the low-information voter. There are a lot of them, Obama knows who they are, and he is reaching them.

ginwoman

The one thing I have to admire in Obama and the democrats is they are brilliant in devising and dispersing their message. They are light years ahead of the republicans. As much as I might hate how Obama is handling his job, as much as I might hate his agenda, and as much as I might hate his message, he is using his organizing skills to reach the people with his message. The democrats have organized a brilliant method and the GOP will continue to lose battles and elections until they figure out how to counter this.

Limbaugh keeps talking about the low-information voter. There are a lot of them, Obama knows who they are, and he is reaching them.

Conservatives as a rule don't have it in them to get low down and dirty like that. That is why they get their butts handed to them time and time again.

mamatutu

mama to two
Make up rules, change rules, ignore the Constitution, focus on other things besides leadership; whatever it takes. Everyday, the news causes one to go into more of a depression. Pun intended. Not laughing.

“And what all of this is about creating enough revenue, increasing American taxation, so he can have an entitlement state in Europe which requires the European levels of taxation. He is not interested in debt or cutting or deficits. He wants to spend because he wants expanded state. That is what all of this is about.”

-- Charles Krauthammer on “Special Report with Bret Baier.”

Oh, did you hear the one about the WH threatening veteran reporter, Bob Woodward, for his reporting. It is just hilarious. Not.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Buying Access in Obama’s Washington

A recent story in the New York Times shined a light on the kind of access that big money donors are given to the President and the White House.

Organizing for Action, the tax exempt “social welfare group” that has evolved from his campaign committee, is raising funds to further President Obama’s agenda in his second term including initiatives like climate change and gun control. According to the New York Times, the group is relying heavily on raising big money from a small group of Democrat power players willing to raise $500,000 or more. Those donors also get another nice perk – insider access to Obama and the White House.

But those contributions will also translate into access, according to donors courted by the president’s aides. Next month, Organizing for Action will hold a “founders summit” at a hotel near the White House, where donors paying $50,000 each will mingle with Mr. Obama’s former campaign manager, Jim Messina, and Mr. Carson, who previously led the White House Office of Public Engagement.

Giving or raising $500,000 or more puts donors on a national advisory board for Mr. Obama’s group and the privilege of attending quarterly meetings with the president, along with other meetings at the White House. Moreover, the new cash demands on Mr. Obama’s top donors and bundlers come as many of them are angling for appointments to administration jobs or ambassadorships.

When asked about the story this week, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney stumbled through an answer, relied on a prepared statement and referred questions about the practice to Organizing for Action. Even when confronted by quotes from Obama in 2007 deploring such habits, Carney was unable to provide a substantive answer.

The Washington Free Beacon noted that even MSNBC’s Chuck Todd thinks this looks dirty.

“This just looks bad–it looks like the White House is selling access,” Todd said Monday. “It’s the definition of selling access. If you believe money has a strangle hold over the entire political system this is ceding the moral high ground.”

When even the Obama News Network thinks this looks like “selling access” you’ve got a problem.

Obama needs to get the Cash Flow Started NOW ......

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

ginwoman said:

Conservatives as a rule don't have it in them to get low down and dirty like that. That is why they get their butts handed to them time and time again.

That's some funny shiat right there.