And she was elected..............

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
GURPS had posted a Blaze article that says that Waters' estimate of 170 million lost jobs is preposterous since only 134 million are working now. But then his thread 'poofed' and it's no longer there.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
GURPS had posted a Blaze article that says that Waters' estimate of 170 million lost jobs is preposterous since only 134 million are working now. But then his thread 'poofed' and it's no longer there.

I realized this one was already up .....

.... no need to double up, I get enough complaints

Maxine Waters Warns 170 MILLION Jobs Could Be Lost Due to Sequestration Cuts — But There’s a Huge Problem With Her Estimate | Video | TheBlaze.com

If Congress allows sequestration cuts to take effect, more than 170 million Americans could lose their jobs, according to Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.).

“If sequestration takes place, that’s going to be a great setback. We don’t need to be having something like sequestration that’s going to cause these job losses — over 170 million jobs that could be lost,” Waters said.

She went on to say cuts must be done “over a long period of time.”

There’s just one problem with her estimation — and it’s a big one. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are only 134 million people working in the United States. So by Waters’ estimation, the sequester cuts would be so apocalyptic that nearly 40 million people who don’t have jobs would become even more unemployed.

Further, the U.S. currently has a population of about 315 million people, according to Census data. If Waters was correct in her assertion, that would mean sequestration would leave more than half the country, 54 percent, unemployed. Talk about a catastrophe.

mamatutu

mama to two
I realized this one was already up .....

.... no need to double up, I get enough complaints

One of the small perks of being premo. :poof:! As far as Waters is concerned, she is a self-entitled sheep that is leading the sheep that feel they are entitled. She is truly embarrassing. Speaking of embarrassing, I was in Faststop the other day, and saw a black woman act out so badly that I was embarrassed for her. But, that is another story for another thread.

SamSpade

I laughed immediately, because I knew already that number exceeded the entire labor force.

As idiotic as she can be, I have to think it was a slip. I can't see how it might have been made up out of thin air or someone told her some fake number. I've heard people in Washington say "million" when it's "billion" and I've heard 10 million when it was 10,000.

I just shrugged.