Ny gun law mandates magazines that don't exist

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
NY GUN LAW MANDATES MAGAZINES THAT DON'T EXIST

On April 15, gun store owners in New York will be forced to sell magazines that do not exist, under what may be the country's most restrictive gun law.
The New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, which New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) help ram through by exploiting the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy, "says gun dealers cannot sell magazines with more than seven rounds." However, "residents can continue to use 10-round magazines, but can only load seven bullets."

As the Democrat and Chronicle notes, "since gun manufacturers do not make seven-round magazine for most guns," they have "never had a reason to make a magazine with fewer than 10 rounds, because no state required it until now."

The publication spoke to gun manufacturers who said they are not going to make a special magazine just for New York. Gun store owners in New York are feeling a sense of "panic and confusion" because they are not sure whether they will even be able to continue to sell the standard magazines. Some store owners believe the "actual language" in the bill does not specify whether they "must sell seven-round magazines, or sell 10-round magazines with the consumer intention of only loading seven rounds."

somebody is going to JAIL Over this

Inkd

somebody is going to JAIL Over this

I read on another forum that the law didn't have a law enforcement exemption either?

I can't confirm it it's true or not though. But I think it would be pretty funny if Glock started shipping guns to NY law enforcement officers with no magazines.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I read on another forum that the law didn't have a law enforcement exemption either?

I can't confirm it it's true or not though. But I think it would be pretty funny if Glock started shipping guns to NY law enforcement officers with no magazines.

Why would that be funny? I would think that Cuomo and Bloomberg have protection that carry more than seven rounds in their guns and back-up magazines.

For NY citizens that have police "protection" with far less firepower than illegal guns is not funny. Just stupid.

Like their governor and mayor of nyc.

Inkd

Why would that be funny? I would think that Cuomo and Bloomberg have protection that carry more than seven rounds in their guns and back-up magazines.

For NY citizens that have police "protection" with far less firepower than illegal guns is not funny. Just stupid.

Like their governor and mayor of nyc.

It would b e funny because it would highlight how F'n stupid their law is and how they were so quick to ram it through they didn't see the consequences of their stupidity.

Odds are if Glock did ship them guns with no mags, they would just keep their existing hi-cap magazines.

If Cuomo and Bloomberg did have backup that carried more then 7 rounds in their mags and their law didn't specifically exempt law enforcement then they should be treated just like any other citizen. Pipe dream I know.

But again, if law enforcement is not exempt, Glock should not ship them magazines. If the cops are outgunned then they will have to go back and amend the law. If that happens then hopefully it will get plenty of press, but again, I'm not holding my breath.

officeguy

Any gunsmith can modify a mag into a 'blocked mag'. This has been around for a long time to comply with hunting regulations in a number of states including Mass.

And yes, it's completely stupid. Deranged psycho killer is not going to stop at the biblical number of 7 if he has unblocked 12 or 15 rd mags.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

that is TRUE, in the haste to get the law passed, someone forgot a LEO Exemption ..... but ofc they have not all turned in their 17 rnd Glock Mags or arrested each other