Woman Shot at Charles County Gun Range

Hank

my war
On Saturday, March 2 at approximately 9:30 a.m. authorities were alerted to a shooting at 4545 Renner Road at the St. Charles Sportsman Club. Dispatchers indicated that the shooting may be accidental.

Units responded and were informed that it was an accidental misfire. When police units arrived, they discovered a 62 year-old female had died from a gunshot wound to the head.

Police continue to investigate this incident.

There has been no official communication with authorities and no name has been released to the media at this time.
- See more at: Woman Shot at Charles County Gun Range | Southern Maryland News Net

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Hmmm gun doesnt fire, dont look down barrel.

Wow! You are so compassionate! :clap:

Normally something like this happens in Chicago or Duluth (anywhere that's not here) and I see this type of false indignation over a comment, I think the person who says it is full of crap and trying to make the world think that they're better than they really are. In this case though, it's happened close enough that it's likely that the person's family or friends are going to see the remarks and be hurt.

C

czygvtwkr

I really intended it to come off as a safety tip, no ill will intended.

Rt235

On Saturday, March 2 at approximately 9:30 a.m. authorities were alerted to a shooting at 4545 Renner Road at the St. Charles Sportsman Club. Dispatchers indicated that the shooting may be accidental.

Units responded and were informed that it was an accidental misfire. When police units arrived, they discovered a 62 year-old female had died from a gunshot wound to the head.

Police continue to investigate this incident.

There has been no official communication with authorities and no name has been released to the media at this time.
- See more at: Woman Shot at Charles County Gun Range | Southern Maryland News Net

Wow..if you are not safe at a gun range...oh wait, guns dont kill people, stupid people with guns get killed. Sure it was "accidental" shot to her head???

Inkd

Well, considering you don't even know what happened....

What it sounds like happened was that someone didn't follow the basic rules of gun safety.

I feel for the family. I can't imagine what they are going through.

Inkd

Wow..if you are not safe at a gun range...oh wait, guns dont kill people, stupid people with guns get killed. Sure it was "accidental" shot to her head???

I'm guessing you weren't there when it happened, yet you make the insinuation that this was something other than an accident.

Nice.

Also, unless this firearm magically sprouted arms and a brain and made a conscience effort to pull that trigger, no, it didn't kill this poor woman.

I would be willing to bet there was human interaction that caused this to happen.

I'm not religious but if I was I would pray that it wasn't a family member who forgot the basic rules of firearm safety and caused this to happen. I coldn't imagine living that kind of hell.

I'm not going to post any more comments on this since I know many members of that shooting club and may even know the woman involved and would hate to have her family see this.

mamatutu

mama to two
I know we are all shocked and saddened by this incident because we feel it is one of our own, but speculating, or making comments before the full story is released, is just adding to the grief of the family. I agree with previous posters that this thread will be read by many affected by this incident. Truly tragic; no matter what happened.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Keep posting......

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 95
  • youre-so-stupid-bus-vehicle-best-demotivational-posters.jpg
    youre-so-stupid-bus-vehicle-best-demotivational-posters.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 107
  • you_have_opened_up_a_level_of_stupid_poster-r26cd1dd82db648bbaa285bd64d31b690_wad_216.jpg
    you_have_opened_up_a_level_of_stupid_poster-r26cd1dd82db648bbaa285bd64d31b690_wad_216.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 92

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm interested in how that happened because they are typically VERY careful at that range and babysit anyone who is new to firearms, and they also keep an eye on someone who is new to the range.

Danzig, please keep us posted on this story as more information comes out.