On the front page of Drudge right now

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Oval Office session began at 9:30 a.m. and ended at 12:40 p.m., and two Democrat commission members -- Lee Hamilton, the vice chairman, and Bob Kerrey -- walked out! In a written statement, Kerrey said he left an hour early to attend 'a previously scheduled meeting with Senator Pete Domenici on Capitol Hill'... Hamilton left Bush/Cheney to meet with the Canadian Prime Minister... Developing...

That is just amazing to me. And I think Kerrey should be kicked out of the Senate for giving Nebraska a bad name.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by vraiblonde
That is just amazing to me. And I think Kerrey should be kicked out of the Senate for giving Nebraska a bad name.
Isn't he already a "former" Senator from Nebraska?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They ought to be tossed off the commission right now...

...this is an absolute outrage and flagrant dis-service to the American people and insult to the Commission they pledged to serve on.

The Amercian people DEMAND an explanation as to why these two otherwise noteable and loyal public servants suddenly can't be bothered with this critical task!

There should be an investigation as to why they would schedule ANYTHING to conflict with the commissions work. What did they know about their schedules and when did they know it???
AND how do we prevent such negligence and, quite frankly, suspicious, activity in the future???

Are there daily briefs and such as to how these 'gentlemen' go about planning their day? When do we get to see them? Is Ben Veniste aware of this? Why didn't he come forth and warn us beforehand? Did President Clinton play a role in this?

And, what of the children?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Pete
Isn't he already a "former" Senator from Nebraska?
Oh yeah.....

Well, he should have to turn in his "Nebraska - The Good Life" bumper stickers then!

Sparx

Re: They ought to be tossed off the commission right now...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...this is an absolute outrage and flagrant dis-service to the American people and insult to the Commission they pledged to serve on.

The Amercian people DEMAND an explanation as to why these two otherwise noteable and loyal public servants suddenly can't be bothered with this critical task!

There should be an investigation as to why they would schedule ANYTHING to conflict with the commissions work. What did they know about their schedules and when did they know it???
AND how do we prevent such negligence and, quite frankly, suspicious, activity in the future???

Are there daily briefs and such as to how these 'gentlemen' go about planning their day? When do we get to see them? Is Ben Veniste aware of this? Why didn't he come forth and warn us beforehand? Did President Clinton play a role in this?

And, what of the children?

GFYourselves, You know how long it took to get bush and cheney to sit down at all?
and why should it be done behind closed doors?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Sparx
GFYourselves, You know how long it took to get bush and cheney to sit down at all?
and why should it be done behind closed doors?
I LOVE you Sparx! :love: You never disappoint me!