Flowers in season in August?

acommondisaster

What flowers are in season in August in the area? I've tried web searches, but I'm not finding real helpful information. We're trying to figure out wedding colors and want to be able to use what's in season to save money.

Any suggestions on who (locally) has the best flowers for weddings would be great, too. Can anyone give me any insight into the Loveville auctions for flowers? Is it dependable enough for me to plan on using them? Amish suppliers?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
What flowers are in season in August in the area? I've tried web searches, but I'm not finding real helpful information. We're trying to figure out wedding colors and want to be able to use what's in season to save money.

Any suggestions on who (locally) has the best flowers for weddings would be great, too. Can anyone give me any insight into the Loveville auctions for flowers? Is it dependable enough for me to plan on using them? Amish suppliers?

What about mums? They sell them in all kinds of fall colors.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
All I'm finding is Russian Sage, Helen's Flower, and the Resurrection Lily. Ask Larry Gude, our resident flower expert.

RPMDAD

I know it doesn't count but i think my hearty hibiscus plants are still blooming in August.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Zinnias mixed with dianthus and celosia.

I plant these flowers from seeds in April and they bloom from July until Oct.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I'm a huge fan of sunflowers, which are late summer.

I love the Mammoth Russian Sunflowers and plant them around the pool, just a few. I've done really well with those also and they are always a conversation piece.

A few years back, a bird must have picked up one of my seeds and dropped it in the garden by my front door. I had no clue what was growing there until it started to take form. We had a Mammoth Sunflower by our front door. :lol:

Found a picture.

Attachments

• sunflower.jpg
    sunflower.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I know it doesn't count but i think my hearty hibiscus plants are still blooming in August.

I bought a couple of shrub looking things that bloom what looks like roses in November, December and January. I've never had luck with hibiscus plants. Not sure why but I am doing very well with my Rose of Sharon's and they bloom beautifully all summer long and into the fall.