View Poll Results: Should Maryland have a "Keep Right Law"

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left lane for passing or turning left

    32 33.68%
  • Keep right if going slower than traffic flow regardless of speed limit or when being overtaken

    46 48.42%
  • Keep right if going slower than speed limit

    8 8.42%
  • Mr. Magoo would be proud when he looks in the rear view mirror...

    9 9.47%
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 686

Thread: Blockers in left lane....have a ticket.

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    I am failing to see why she got a ticket. She did not break any laws. The posted speed limit is a maximum, not minimum. Also, it is not a passing lane. I specifically asked a cop this when I heard someone go off at a grocery store about "the ##### who wouldn't go above 60 in the passing lane". It is merely a second lane, not a passing or fast lane. People should not have to choose a lane to travel in to accomodate those who want to break traffic laws, in my honest opinion. If you want to speed, find your way around those that want to drive safely.
    There are signs that say move to the left. That one looks like it even tells you what it'll cost. I've also seen posted minumum speeds, mostly out West. 2 miles under the posted just isn't worthy of a ticket IMO. Maybe a warning.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    So you are saying it is legal to break the law by speeding in order to pass the flow of traffic that is obeying the law? Link...
    I thought you got sarcasm, sorry.

  3. #33
    It's called Driving Slow in Impeding Traffic

  4. #34
    Registered User sockgirl77's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    49,005
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    There are signs that say move to the left. That one looks like it even tells you what it'll cost. I've also seen posted minumum speeds, mostly out West. 2 miles under the posted just isn't worthy of a ticket IMO. Maybe a warning.
    I know that there are mininum speed limits in some areas, but this was not one of them. Well, atleast it was not mentioned in the news story.

  5. #35
    Registered User sockgirl77's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    49,005
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    I know that there are mininum speed limits in some areas, but this was not one of them. Well, atleast it was not mentioned in the news story.
    *I just realized that there is a video with the story but I cannot view it here so I have no idea what the sign says.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    I am failing to see why she got a ticket. She did not break any laws. The posted speed limit is a maximum, not minimum. Also, it is not a passing lane. I specifically asked a cop this when I heard someone go off at a grocery store about "the ##### who wouldn't go above 60 in the passing lane". It is merely a second lane, not a passing or fast lane. People should not have to choose a lane to travel in to accomodate those who want to break traffic laws, in my honest opinion. If you want to speed, find your way around those that want to drive safely.
    I learned to drive in Florida. I was taught the left lane is considered a passing lane. I have followed that rule for 30 something years I have been driving. I generally go the speed limit or 5 above or go with the flow of traffic if everyone is going much faster; like on an expressway. I do consider myself a conscienscious and courteous driver, have a clean class A license and have never been in any major accidents.
    What I see a lot on this area is slowpokes in the left lane and it really mucks the flow of traffic up. Yesterday, coming back from PF in 4:00 traffic, there was a van hauling a trailer full of empty garbage cans in the left lane. For about 10 miles, this van went the speed limit or below. Everyone was passing this dude on the right; including a state trooper that looked like he was wanting to get up the road in a hurry. And when he pulled up into the mucked up mess of drivers wanting to get around this van, everyfreakingbody hit their brakes. Even some of the people in the right lane that were going 50-55. (which also caused a lot of people trying to pass this van to become impatient).
    I have no problem w/ people that want to speed their a$$es off- as long as they don't kill or hurt me doing it. I will stay in my right lane, listen to tunes and watch my mirrors for those that are oblivious to everyone else.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

  7. #37
    BOXER NATION smilin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boxerville
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
    As far as I know Md does not have a keep right except to pass law. They should but since they do not she was not breaking any law. Just being an inconsiderate driver.
    Maybe somebody should change the law? I realized MD is the pits for left lane campers since I drive to Tampa and back a lot. Left lane cameras?
    So I looked up the various laws here:

    State "keep right" laws

    I like VA: " requires vehicles in the left lane to yield to faster traffic; State Police say this applies even when faster traffic is speeding"

    Being inconsiderate is an understatement when you are actively obstructing traffic at 55 mph - 65 mph. We have gotten in the habit of letting the government decide what actions are permissible and which are not, instead of using our common sense.

  8. #38
    BOXER NATION smilin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boxerville
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    You slow down and wait for a chance to get through traffic and resume speeding.
    Unless the left lane is blocked....

  9. #39

    slow

    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    Someone should not have to drive the speed limit. That speed limit is set at a maximum based on safety standards for that portion of the road. If someone wants to drive the maximum or speed, they can find their way around the car or slow their ass down. But, that's just the way that I feel. I know that I get damn sick of people riding my bumper because I choose to drive 55 mph in a 55 mph zone when I have kids in the van and would rather not have increased insurance rates because some jackass is in a rush and is trying to push me up the road.

    Heres a novel idea for you sockgirl. Get your slow!@#$ the hell out of the road and simply move over to the right lane. What is wrong with you? Is it too much inconvenience to move your van to the right? If your worried about your kids then get to the right before you get rear ended by a semi truck. I swear I have dreams about simply pit manueving losers like you and send you careening into the woods like a cue ball off my Humvees bumper. But then again, I havent taken my medication today yet. In all seriousness, just move over and stop being an inconsiderate ass.

  10. #40
    Registered User sockgirl77's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    49,005
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by direxpgw View Post
    Heres a novel idea for you sockgirl. Get your slow!@#$ the hell out of the road and simply move over to the right lane. What is wrong with you? Is it too much inconvenience to move your van to the right? If your worried about your kids then get to the right before you get rear ended by a semi truck. I swear I have dreams about simply pit manueving losers like you and send you careening into the woods like a cue ball off my Humvees bumper. But then again, I havent taken my medication today yet. In all seriousness, just move over and stop being an inconsiderate ass.
    I actually do stay in the right lane most of the time because I do not want to deal with being tailgated by the jackasses in a rush around here. But, I should not have to because people insist on flying down the road. Is it too much incovenience for you to leave your house on time so you do not have to push people down the road? Go take your meds and have a nice day.
    Last edited by sockgirl77; 03-12-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |