How embarrassing.

Somehow. Not sure why, but it seems to make me feel really dirty and icky.
Anyway I have been itching over the last month or so on my back mostly. Didn't see any bites so I thought it might be some weird allergy to new soap or some crap. However, the other day I saw a few welt type bites. This got me busy and I thought of the bed bug thread. Looked up info, looked for evidence and yep, it's all there. Mostly in the bedroom never used oddly enough although I never wash the sheets or anything because, well, it's never used. Not for more than a year. I think the dog jumped on the bed when I left the door open a couple times. So I got a pest control guy out today and he confirmed it. 'Natch, I was way ahead of him. So three bedrooms have evidence. I have to get all clothing out, washed/dried in high heat, bagged until they are done treating. $900 for three rooms and most of the day doing it. Crap! I will be washing and bagging clothes all weekend. Probably finally throw some away I don't need finally.

I have an infest do not approach, do not visit. :lol:

:leper:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
Somehow. Not sure why, but it seems to make me feel really dirty and icky.
Anyway I have been itching over the last month or so on my back mostly. Didn't see any bites so I thought it might be some weird allergy to new soap or some crap. However, the other day I saw a few welt type bites. This got me busy and I thought of the bed bug thread. Looked up info, looked for evidence and yep, it's all there. Mostly in the bedroom never used oddly enough although I never wash the sheets or anything because, well, it's never used. Not for more than a year. I think the dog jumped on the bed when I left the door open a couple times. So I got a pest control guy out today and he confirmed it. 'Natch, I was way ahead of him. So three bedrooms have evidence. I have to get all clothing out, washed/dried in high heat, bagged until they are done treating. $900 for three rooms and most of the day doing it. Crap! I will be washing and bagging clothes all weekend. Probably finally throw some away I don't need finally.

I have an infest do not approach, do not visit. :lol:

:leper:

WoW, I'm the same way with my guest rooms, don't do the sheets regularly since the rooms are rarely used....good luck..I'm going to strip some beds and wash some sheets now!

ladyhawk

What I can't figure is where in the heck they came from. Haven't been to hotels or anything for well over a year. Only sleep overs were in a room with no sign.

From what I understand they could be on someones clothes when they enter your home. Then they end up in your home and multiply... Lice are carried around the same way, if you think about it.

I remember when I had to deal with that.. It was one time and many years ago... I totally and completely freaked out.. Spent days "investigating" and months eradicating.. And yes, embarrassing... I can totally relate.

I do need to add that I also read it come in on New clothing, mattresses and/or furniture... Didn't sit well with me at all....

June

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
WOW that SUX... As much i have traveled going to this hotel and that, and always being concerned about bed bugs. I'll thanks my lucky Stars never gotten bitten ;-), always kept me cloths/suitcase away from the bed high up on a dresser! Hope it gets better soon dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bcp

In My Opinion
You know,,
bed bugs are hitch hikers, it has nothing to do with how clean or unclean one might keep their home. The best of homes are just as likely to get them as any other.
You can pick them up and bring them home from a hotel, they can transfer from one jacket to another in a closet at work, you can pick them up on public transportation.
Doubt it has anything to do with the dog, or with your cleaning ability.

I know this does not reduce the suckage, however, maybe it will reduce the feeling of total shame.

you damn leper.

The weather is about to break.... go nude... :yahoo:

And I have 6 weeks until I retire, works for me. Shopping may be a problem though. I can do outside chores at night.

I saw a spray at Walmart in the As seen on TV section that is guaranteed to kill bed bugs.

I have read the reviews (probably put there by pro exterminaters) that said they have sprayed that stuff and others directly on live ones and it didn't bother them a bit. I also wondered if Deet would keep them off me, nope. Guess they don't give a crap about that stuff. I am paying $900 Monday. Better friggen do the job or I will just move the hell out. This may be the incentive I needed to get my butt in gear.

I hereby rescind any offer that may have been conveyed for letting you stay in my spare room.

Yikes. Let us know what we can do to assist, if anything.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

Attachments

• tent.termites.jpg
    tent.termites.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 105