Cops in N.J. monitor your Facebook page. . .

MMM_donuts

The cops aren't monitoring FB, someone socially connected to the family saw the pic on FB and reported them to children's services. The cops responded based on the reports.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The cops aren't monitoring FB, someone socially connected to the family saw the pic on FB and reported them to children's services. The cops responded based on the reports.

Yes, that's what the article says. Glad you read it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

That's what the cops said, but they refused to say who called..

They showed up and demanded access to the house..

Demanded to see the guns..

Demanded to see the gun safe..

Demanded to search the house..

AND threatened to take the kids if they didn't comply.

All without a warrant..

Yeah, that gives them the credibility for me to believe that ANYONE called in the first place.

Amazing how many constitutional rights they violated, or attempted to violate using coercion and intimidation yet everyone believes that they were there on a tip..

I know this has been said before, and it sounds ridiculous, but this sounds more and more like a police state and not America. Nobody seems to care if they violate the constitution, or pass laws that violate it, as there really are not, of have not been any repercussions for those that do.

Freefaller

Actually

All without a warrant..

Yeah, that gives them the credibility for me to believe that ANYONE called in the first place.

Amazing how many constitutional rights they violated, or attempted to violate using coercion and intimidation yet everyone believes that they were there on a tip..

I know this has been said before, and it sounds ridiculous, but this sounds more and more like a police state and not America. Nobody seems to care if they violate the constitution, or pass laws that violate it, as there really are not, of have not been any repercussions for those that do.

If you read the story, the cops didn't demand anything. It was the workers from the DYFS who were making all of the demands, not the cops. According to other sources, the cops were there at the request of the DYFS. In fact, the owner, "Shawn Moore also stated that the police officers involved in the investigation behaved in a professional manner during the entire ordeal."

Let's place the blame where it belongs.

Chris0nllyn

If you read the story, the cops didn't demand anything. It was the workers from the DYFS who were making all of the demands, not the cops. According to other sources, the cops were there at the request of the DYFS. In fact, the owner, "Shawn Moore also stated that the police officers involved in the investigation behaved in a professional manner during the entire ordeal."

Moore immediately called Nappen and rushed home to find officers demanding to check his guns and his gun safe.

Instead, he handed the cell phone to one of the officers – so they could speak with Nappen.

“If you have a warrant, you’re coming in,” Nappen told the officers. “If you don’t, then you’re not. That’s what privacy is all about.”

With his attorney on speaker phone, Moore instructed the officers to leave his home.

“I was told I was being unreasonable and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn’t open my safe,” Moore wrote on the Delaware Open Carry website. “They told me they were going to get a search warrant. I told them to go ahead.”

Moore took this photo of police outside his home.

Nappen told Fox News the police wanted to inventory his firearms.

“”We said no way, it’s not happening,” he said. “This is a guy who is completely credentialed and his son is also credentialed.”

The attorney said police eventually left and never returned.

DEEKAYPEE8569

DYFS was demanding to see all firearms? I would've told them to stack BB's, pack sand, eat sh*t and bark at the moon. What business is it of theirs how many/what types of weapons are in the house? PUCK'EM!

That being said; that's prob'ly why the cops were there too. To say, "Well, I'm sorry, you are going to have to comply." To which the answer is.....anybody?.....right.....'You got a warrant?'

abcxyz

I'm torn-

One side of me loves, loves, loves hearing about SELF INFLICTED issues due to Facebook but the other side of me hopes a lawyer (my 2nd favorite people in the world) gets them a few million dollar settlement (taxes go up to pay for this, punishment for NJ electing these idiots at the top that appoint the police that green light raids like this).

itsrequired

All without a warrant..

Did you read the article? The police wanted to search, the guy said no, they left? Other than this guy saying they "demanded" blah blah blah. The language used to describe this is by a bunch of drama queens. The cops didn't even go in the peoples house. What constitutional right was violated, or attempted to be violated?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Did you read the article? The police wanted to search, the guy said no, they left? Other than this guy saying they "demanded" blah blah blah. The language used to describe this is by a bunch of drama queens. The cops didn't even go in the peoples house. What constitutional right was violated, or attempted to be violated?

The police showing up and attempt to get in the house, and threatening to take their kids would be #1 on the list.

If you think they would have left if the lawyer wasn't on the phone your naivete is showing.

They TRIED to violate their rights, and they got stopped at the front door, the front door they should have never even knocked on.

itsrequired

The police showing up and attempt to get in the house, and threatening to take their kids would be #1 on the list.

If you think they would have left if the lawyer wasn't on the phone your naivete is showing.

They TRIED to violate their rights, and they got stopped at the front door, the front door they should have never even knocked on.

First, you are listening to one side of the story and making assumptions. It does not say that the police threatened to take their kids away, and the police do not have that power. Social services does. I have been on the scene where social services interviewed people and the people later claimed they threatened to take their kids away, when that never happened. People add more to the story because the truly ignorant will believe what ever side makes them feel better.

Just because a police officer wants to get into your house, and you say no doesn't mean they are attempting to violate your rights.

What about the language they "raided" the house! How is knocking on someone's door "raiding" their house? They were told they could not enter, and they didn't. Here is a news flash. Cops don't care about lawyers on the telephone. If you don't think the police would have gone into that house if they were as corrupt as you are trying to make them out to be, it is your naivete showing.

itsrequired

Thank You..

I've never heard anybody refer to Child Service or Social Workers as officers so I assumed it was the police NOT the Child Welfare Services making all of the demands.

How many interactions have you had with the two? I remember sitting at the duty officer station and people would call in about the officer that was there, and it wasn't an officer at all but after asking the person a couple questions finding out it was a social services investigator.