Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by somdforever View Post
    Over a frickin' year to put in a 350 ft. turn lane? Are you kidding me? These people work for MD SHA????? And a bicycle lane from where to where? I never see anyone riding a bike on those roads now?
    Constructing alternates to cars is getting to be required by both the State and Feds now when constructing or upgrading. You don't have to, but the non-County funding is way less if you don't.
    I liked Calvert County better when there were only two stoplights.

For craps sake, I thought there would be no new businesses and that some would go away what with the impending doom of a wage increase.
    There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time
    to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fatratcat View Post
    At this point, I'm willing to compromise! CH/Mechanicsville needs better restaurants! 30,000 people with higher than average incomes and you wind up driving 10-20 miles in every direction to eat? What a bunch of crap!
    You do realize that those restaurants will bring more traffic, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    You do realize that those restaurants will bring more traffic, right?
    You mean more traffic than the bus terminal or the eyesore of a flea market on Saturdays? OK. We lose the crappy fleamarket and bus terminal and get something we actually use? Crazy, huh?

Blog Entries
    You mean more traffic than the bus terminal or the eyesore of a flea market on Saturdays? OK. We lose the crappy fleamarket and bus terminal and get something we actually use? Crazy, huh?
    If you lose that bus terminal then you lose the residency of those upper income folks. The foreigners market is crap now so it can go. It doesn't matter day or time of the week that I travel through there. It's always a cluster####. Adding a chain restaurant will make it worse and it would invite more Dorfers in the area to dine.

Quote Originally Posted by garyt27 View Post
    For craps sake, I thought there would be no new businesses and that some would go away what with the impending doom of a wage increase.
    Not around here. I've seen a big pickup in business. I've got two gov contractors looking for space now. This is a strong area.

If you lose that bus terminal then you lose the residency of those upper income folks. The foreigners market is crap now so it can go. It doesn't matter day or time of the week that I travel through there. It's always a cluster####. Adding a chain restaurant will make it worse and it would invite more Dorfers in the area to dine.
    I ain't scared of the Dorfers. What do you think the flea market already draws? We just need to empty thier wallets while they visit. Here's my final offer. We lose HALF of the liquor stores, nail salons, and banks. This should free up enough room for traffic AND we'll still have plenty of liquor stores, nail salons, and banks! LOL!

Blog Entries
    I ain't scared of the Dorfers. What do you think the flea market already draws? We just need to empty thier wallets while they visit. Here's my final offer. We lose HALF of the liquor stores, nail salons, and banks. This should free up enough room for traffic AND we'll still have plenty of liquor stores, nail salons, and banks! LOL!
    The market only adds 2 days of excess traffic. If I were a Charlotte Hall resident, I'd be thankful if no other businesses were added. There's very little serenity left up there.

The market only adds 2 days of excess traffic. If I were a Charlotte Hall resident, I'd be thankful if no other businesses were added. There's very little serenity left up there.
    I've lived there for 20 years. It's about the same as it's alway been.

Blog Entries
    I've lived there for 20 years. It's about the same as it's alway been.
    And yet you still want to welcome more traffic?

Members who have read this thread: 229