Page 5 of 197 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by fatratcat View Post
    I ain't scared of the Dorfers. What do you think the flea market already draws? We just need to empty thier wallets while they visit. Here's my final offer. We lose HALF of the liquor stores, nail salons, and banks. This should free up enough room for traffic AND we'll still have plenty of liquor stores, nail salons, and banks! LOL!
    Racist!

"Conservatism is the new counter culture." - Lola Lee - youtuber

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    I heard a rumor that Safeway was going to go in where the old McKay's store was in Wildewood? Truth or just speculation?
    I really hope that's the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by garyt27 View Post
    For craps sake, I thought there would be no new businesses and that some would go away what with the impending doom of a wage increase.
    No, there will always be hard working, risk taking entrepreneurs, so you will always be able to suckle off them with your union and liberal ass Bretheran.
    Just like ticks and flea will not kill all the critters in the forest.

Just less of them

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    I heard a rumor that Safeway was going to go in where the old McKay's store was in Wildewood? Truth or just speculation?
    I have not heard that rumor yet. I will check with my contact there on monday.

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar
    I've lived there for 20 years. It's about the same as it's alway been.
    Ive lived in Charlotte Hall for 35 years and Im not getting any younger, it would be nice to just drive a mile or two to a nice sitdown place to eat. Heck with O'Malleys gas tax increase I'll need shorter trips. CH is so centrally located but we all have to go 15-20 miles to get to really nice places to eat and shop.
    Tequilla Grill has been as nice addition for a place to eat, but if you dont like Mexican food then its not your place to eat.
    The Farmers Market is a dump and eyesore, but unfortunatly its never going to go anywhere, maybe a remoldel would help.
    Fatratcat I do have to disagree about the traffic, evening rush hour has changed down here since the bypass was built, now everyone heading south have no stoplights for almost 7 miles till they hit the one at McKays at Mohawk, then it starts to backup from Golden Beach Rd. through the one at Oaks Rd. to Mohawk. Lots of people now are jumping off at Lighthouse and coming down Charlotte Hall Rd. thank goodness they put that 4 way stop sign at Oaks, or it would be hard to get across from Oaks. That rush hour problem is only about 2-3 hours a workday then things go back to normal as long as its accident free. Then Saturday there is some more traffic with the market and people heading to Waldorf and beyond to shop.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHillcrestGuy View Post
    Ive lived in Charlotte Hall for 35 years and Im not getting any younger, it would be nice to just drive a mile or two to a nice sitdown place to eat. Heck with O'Malleys gas tax increase I'll need shorter trips. CH is so centrally located but we all have to go 15-20 miles to get to really nice places to eat and shop.
    Tequilla Grill has been as nice addition for a place to eat, but if you dont like Mexican food then its not your place to eat.
    The Farmers Market is a dump and eyesore, but unfortunatly its never going to go anywhere, maybe a remoldel would help.
    Fatratcat I do have to disagree about the traffic, evening rush hour has changed down here since the bypass was built, now everyone heading south have no stoplights for almost 7 miles till they hit the one at McKays at Mohawk, then it starts to backup from Golden Beach Rd. through the one at Oaks Rd. to Mohawk. Lots of people now are jumping off at Lighthouse and coming down Charlotte Hall Rd. thank goodness they put that 4 way stop sign at Oaks, or it would be hard to get across from Oaks. That rush hour problem is only about 2-3 hours a workday then things go back to normal as long as its accident free. Then Saturday there is some more traffic with the market and people heading to Waldorf and beyond to shop.
    You make sense. I think I just have a higher bar for what I consider traffic. To me, CH isn't much of a snarl...Brandwyine at 0700 on weekday...now that's a cluster! Just curious, why do you think the junk sale/flea market isn't going anywhere anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by BOP View Post
    Racist!

It was a socio-economic judgment not a racial one. Charles is 21st richest county in the entire country! As their poor neighbor to the south, we should fleece 'em!

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar
    You make sense. I think I just have a higher bar for what I consider traffic. To me, CH isn't much of a snarl...Brandwyine at 0700 on weekday...now that's a cluster! Just curious, why do you think the junk sale/flea market isn't going anywhere anytime soon?
    Yes Brandywine is a snarl, Im glad Im retired now and dont have to go through there every work day, and luckily for me I split off and headed to Upper Marlboro up 301. Its bad there most of the tme now, the backups at the light at Brandywine Rd. and 373 are bad even on the weekends.
    My reason for saying that the markets not going anywhere anytime soon is because its owned by one of the good ole boys, Ben Burroughs, he owns alot of the land in Charlotte Hall or did at onetime and even if he should pass on, (he's no spring chicken) it will proably be passed down through family.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHillcrestGuy View Post
    Yes Brandywine is a snarl, Im glad Im retired now and dont have to go through there every work day, and luckily for me I split off and headed to Upper Marlboro up 301. Its bad there most of the tme now, the backups at the light at Brandywine Rd. and 373 are bad even on the weekends.
    My reason for saying that the markets not going anywhere anytime soon is because its owned by one of the good ole boys, Ben Burroughs, he owns alot of the land in Charlotte Hall or did at onetime and even if he should pass on, (he's no spring chicken) it will proably be passed down through family.

Another reason the junk market isn't going anywhere is that Ben and Jarboe have a serious dislike going on. Ben won't do anything to the junk market because then he'd by default be improving access to Jarboes (closed) lumber mill. He refuses to do anything that could help Jarboe.

10. 03-27-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4845 View Post
    I have not heard that rumor yet. I will check with my contact there on monday.
    Safeway was just a rumor, sorry. If they do look at that site they will let me know.

Members who have read this thread: 228