Tires, battery stolen from SUV after fatal crash

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CARLSBAD, N.M. (AP) - New Mexico police investigating a fatal traffic crash found that somebody stole wheels, tires and the battery from a wrecked SUV as it lay on top of the victim.

Carlsbad police say 26-year-old Steven Roy Reese of Carlsbad was killed either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning when he apparently lost control of his 1996 Ford Explorer on a little-used dirt road.

The Carlsbad Current-Argus reports the medical investigator determined Reese was dead for at least eight hours before police found him.

Police Lt. Jennifer Moyers says removal of the items was both illegal and extremely insensitive.

CARLSBAD, N.M. (AP) - New Mexico police investigating a fatal traffic crash found that somebody stole wheels, tires and the battery from a wrecked SUV as it lay on top of the victim.

Carlsbad police say 26-year-old Steven Roy Reese of Carlsbad was killed either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning when he apparently lost control of his 1996 Ford Explorer on a little-used dirt road.

The Carlsbad Current-Argus reports the medical investigator determined Reese was dead for at least eight hours before police found him.

Police Lt. Jennifer Moyers says removal of the items was both illegal and extremely insensitive.

That is cold!

mamatutu

mama to two
"Police Lt. Jennifer Moyers says removal of the items was both illegal and extremely insensitive."

Really? Wow; human vultures. Just when you think you've heard it all, there is always something to top it.

bcp

In My Opinion
"Police Lt. Jennifer Moyers says removal of the items was both illegal and extremely insensitive."

Really? Wow; human vultures. Just when you think you've heard it all, there is always something to top it.

considering the issues and investigations still going on in reference to the Exploders rolling over when they have tire problems, You would think that it could be considered tampering with an investigation.
Why did it roll in the first place? did a tire blow on this one too? if thats what caused it, there might be liability in the case of the tire manufacturer, maybe Ford (they already have a class action against this)
Did the guy have after market rims that failed?
The can tell by marks on the sides of the tires if he was sliding before the roll etc...
Lot of answers took off with those tires.

Then we get to the, Was the driver still alive at the time his tires were being stolen...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
if they stole the tires, I can bet you one of them was NOT blown

probably had 22's and low profile tires ...

bcp

In My Opinion
if they stole the tires, I can bet you one of them was NOT blown

probably had 22's and low profile tires ...

Are you sure?
how can you be sure they were going after the tires and not the rims?