Gas Tax Hike on Fast Track

mamatutu

mama to two
My Giant gas points will be more important than ever. Soon, we will be so taxed to death, we won't have any more money to spend. Gives a new meaning to Ben Franklin's quote: "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." I don't think he meant that taxes were going to be the death of us. It seems that is the direction that we are heading.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Hmmm, making a mental note.... no more votes for Bohanan!!

I think we all need to contact Mr Bohanan!

I thought the same thing....Bohanan is a Steny Hoyer clone.. Can't think for himself.. Has to be told how to vote.. He get innstructions from Hoyer and Hoyer gets his from Pelosi..She gets hers from Obama.. Bohanan wants Stenys seat if he ever leaves so he has to do what he's told..

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I thought the same thing....Bohanan is a Steny Hoyer clone.. Can't think for himself.. Has to be told how to vote.. He get innstructions from Hoyer and Hoyer gets his from Pelosi..She gets hers from Obama.. Bohanan wants Stenys seat if he ever leaves so he has to do what he's told..

Bohanan no longer represents Southern Maryland. He forgets where he comes from everytime he goes to Annapolis.

edinsomd

I think SanFranNan gets her instructions from Mars.

bcp

In My Opinion
My Giant gas points will be more important than ever. Soon, we will be so taxed to death, we won't have any more money to spend. Gives a new meaning to Ben Franklin's quote: "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." I don't think he meant that taxes were going to be the death of us. It seems that is the direction that we are heading.

I cant spend enough at Giant to make up the difference.
Both car and truck are diesel, which right now is 3.89 up this way. Car is not too bad at 53mpg combined, but the truck is starting to hurt.
My wife uses our points for her gas, I use my parents points, (they fill up once every 2 or 3 months) when I use theirs, I usually get 60 cent a gallon off, (not as often as I would like)
I am still searching out the auxiliary tank to put in the truck so I can fill in Virginia and supply both vehicles for at least two weeks. So I need a 90 gallon tank. That plus the 36 that is in the truck, and the 16 gallon in the Jetta will do me just fine.

Now, some will ask, by driving to VA to fill the tanks, wont you spend more in fuel than you save? why yes, yes I will, but I will be cutting Maryland totally out of the deal and it will make me feel good doing it.

mamatutu

mama to two
Both car and truck are diesel, which right now is 3.89 up this way. Car is not too bad at 53mpg combined, but the truck is starting to hurt.
My wife uses our points for her gas, I use my parents points, (they fill up once every 2 or 3 months) when I use theirs, I usually get 60 cent a gallon off, (not as often as I would like)
I am still searching out the auxiliary tank to put in the truck so I can fill in Virginia and supply both vehicles for at least two weeks. So I need a 90 gallon tank. That plus the 36 that is in the truck, and the 16 gallon in the Jetta will do me just fine.

Now, some will ask, by driving to VA to fill the tanks, wont you spend more in fuel than you save? why yes, yes I will, but I will be cutting Maryland totally out of the deal and it will make me feel good doing it.

Sometimes, we stick to our convictions, even when others don't get it. Matter of principle. To thine own self be true. Also, do you know that Giant, periodically, puts coupons in the Post home delivered flyers on Wed/Sat; if spend $50, get 300 extra gas points. My best gas day ever @ Shell was $1.80/gallon off. I earned 200 extra last Wed just for buying 4 out of 20 products; actually, things I needed. Try to save where I can.

hmmmm we must find the shortest route to the VA line!!!!!

I could kayak over with my gas can....

Rt235

Try filling the ballot box with votes that mean change instead of complaining about how much you have to pay to fill your tank.

bcp

In My Opinion
This is based on Diesel at the current rate of 3.89 per gallon. From what I understand, the 6% tax will be applied to the cost of a gallon after the current state and federal tax is subtracted.
so.

Current price 3.89
State tax 24.25¢
Federal tax 24.4¢
New Maryland tax based on 3.40 a gallon
New tax adds .20¢
Total Maryalnd tax on a gallon at 3.89 is 44.25 cent per gallon diesel
Both of my vehicles are diesel with an average weekly consumption of 42 gallons
That’s 2184 gallons a year
At current tax rates, that is 529.62 being paid in state taxes
Assuming that the price stays at 3.89, the additional tax will cost me 436.8 more.
Virginia tax on a gallon of diesel is 17.5¢ per gallon. Or 382.2 a year in state tax
So, Maryland tax for the year is 966.40
And Virginia tax for the year is 382.20
Tell me again why, living so close to Virginia I should not fill my 90 gallon axillary tank in Virginia and fill my vehicles from it? $584.20 is a pretty good incentive.

Do I care that OweMalleys new tax will actually cost the state 529.62 dollars that it currently is getting from me? Nope. I don’t plan to stay here when I retire and the roads look like they might hold up till I leave.
does anyone, for even a moment think that Im the only one living near a border that will jump state line for fuel?
I can even go to Virginia to purchase my home heating oil, and I think I will. More tax loss.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

You looking for a transfer tank, if so RDS has a 90 gallon one for about $500.

bcp

In My Opinion
Try filling the ballot box with votes that mean change instead of complaining about how much you have to pay to fill your tank.

Hey great idea,, oh thats right, the aholes in Annapolis gerrymandered the lines, now the Americans that are living here dont have any say...

Your idea wont work.

Try being American for once and maybe you could lend some assistance in getting the state right again.. besides, once everyone leaves for other states, who is going to pay your welfare check?

bcp

In My Opinion
You looking for a transfer tank, if so RDS has a 90 gallon one for about $500.

Thats a good price.
Im checking with a guy I know that owns a company (brother in laws, mothers boyfriend) that makes heavy equipment to see what he would charge me to have a custom on built. Would love to figure a way to put it under the truck so it would not be obvious when crossing back into Maryland.
I am sure that sooner or later OweMalley is going to have to start looking for people doing this.