100+ Million Worldwide Dream of a Life in the U.S.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I think we take for granted how good we have it in the US. Sure we have some issues, but it pales in comparison with most of the rest of the world.

But I feel in order to preserve our way of life we need to get a handle on our immigration situation. We need some border control. We also need to carefully select who we choose to add to our country.

About 13% of the world's adults -- or about 630 million people -- say they would like to leave their country and move somewhere else permanently. For roughly 138 million people, that somewhere else would be the U.S. -- the No. 1 desired destination for potential migrants.

The percentage of people in each country who would like to move to the U.S. permanently is perhaps more interesting. A staggering 37% of Liberians say that they would like to relocate to the U.S. permanently. One in four adults or more in Sierra Leone, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti would also like to move to the U.S. permanently. Three countries with the highest percentages of people who would like to relocate to the U.S. permanently are in Africa, seven are in Central America and the Caribbean, with the remaining country, Cambodia, in Asia.

More Than 100 Million Worldwide Dream of a Life in the U.S.

RPMDAD

Agree Monello, similar to Australia's immigration policies. You are welcome to visit but not to stay, unless you can offer services we need or are looking for. However, they do have a slight advantage on us being an island.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I think we take for granted how good we have it in the US. Sure we have some issues, but it pales in comparison with most of the rest of the world.

But I feel in order to preserve our way of life we need to get a handle on our immigration situation. We need some border control. We also need to carefully select who we choose to add to our country.

More Than 100 Million Worldwide Dream of a Life in the U.S.

Except Blue, Gary, tommyjo, and nh. They think the US sucks.

Maybe we could trade.

tommyjo

Except Blue, Gary, tommyjo, and nh. They think the US sucks.

Maybe we could trade.

I was sitting here trying to grasp how you figure me as a US sucks person...then it hit me....

So..lemme guess...the 4 handles you mentioned you think are Democrats, right?

Only Rs can think American is great? Despite all the evidence to the contrary as posted on here everyday?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
:dingding:
I was sitting here trying to grasp how you figure me as a US sucks person...then it hit me....

So..lemme guess...the 4 handles you mentioned you think are Democrats, right?

Only Rs can think American is great? Despite all the evidence to the contrary as posted on here everyday?

:dingding::dingding::dingding:

bcp

In My Opinion
Are they dreaming of a life in the U.S as it was before the total destruction of it by the democrats?
Their dreams are quickly becoming shattered as we move forward to become the hell hole that they want to leave.

Their dreams are based on stories from our past.

abcxyz

All this stat means is we give away too much free stuff.

Sit on a dirt floor in the Dominican Republic eating corn day after day and shower when it rains or sit in a Section 8 in Waldorf watching my 80" flat screen in the AC, eating Outback Steakhouse and the only thing I have to do is early vote once every 4 years. Easy choice.