Crystal Palace - SHUT DOWN by Health Dept!!!!!!!!!

steppinthrax

You guys know the Crystal Palace (Prince Frederick) was closed this weekend. There was a sign from the Calvert county health department indicating it's been closed. The violation listed; "violation of abatement order; continued critical & good retail practices violation"

I'm going to see if I can get the report from the health department and post it. I ate there a few times, I'm going to be pissed if they had rat #### in their food or something. Maybe they don't wash their hands.

bcp

In My Opinion
violation of abatement order; continued critical & good retail practices violation

abatement order,, detailed the steps that a Company must take to reduce the public health threats.

This means that they were caught with a problem and given steps and a time table to correct it.
Rat infestation would be an immediate closing until they were no more rats evident.
Since they were allowed to stay open while correcting, I would assume that whatever it was did not pose a great threat to patrons.

The Continued Critical part of it suggests that they ignored the order and did not fix what was wrong by the given date.

Rt235

Sometimes their steam table does not seem so hot, and the raw food is not chilled down.
Too bad, nice place for the family and friends to gather. Much better than Bon Bon ( what my kids call it) in the Park!

FED_UP

Speaking of food had my first visit a Jerry's Bistro Lexington Park, cheese steak was awesome with plenty of meat. Chipolte last week was not good, 5-6 little pieces of meat put in my taco, wtf. The meat is suppose to be the cost driver of what I am paying right? So why are they loading my taco up with rice, wtf.

frequentflier

happy to be living
A good friend really likes going there and every time I have eaten there, I have had *issues* shortly after. I refuse to eat there anymore.
Even their iced tea sucked. It tasted stale and old; like they never cleaned their equipment.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
A good friend really likes going there and every time I have eaten there, I have had *issues* shortly after. I refuse to eat there anymore.
Even their iced tea sucked. It tasted stale and old; like they never cleaned their equipment.

:yay: I've only eaten there once -a long time ago. It was take out but I was not impressed. Everything was over sauced & just drenched. Veggies weren't even crispt. I have always heard "iffy" things about them from others, as I don't eat a lot of chinese food - so I won't be going back.

It was shut down a few weeks ago then last Friday I saw the 'open' sign in the window and all the lights were on inside so I assumed they were back in business.

My parents enjoy eating there and have never had any problems. Personally, I stay away from buffet places. :barf:

Bay_Kat

Tropical

My daughter liked to eat there and I had issues afterward also, told her it just wasn't worth it and we needed to find somewhere else to go.

steppinthrax

It was shut down a few weeks ago then last Friday I saw the 'open' sign in the window and all the lights were on inside so I assumed they were back in business.

My parents enjoy eating there and have never had any problems. Personally, I stay away from buffet places. :barf:

My wife and I went there the same few weeks ago after a hiking trip and FlagPonds.... It was closed that time but no sign was there. When I called the owner the next week he was saying they were repairing stuff.

RPMDAD

We have been going to CP since it opened, and have never had any problems.

Same here Roman, have eaten there multiple times and never had a problem. I will admit it's not the best chinese food i have ever had, but IMHO it is not bad.
Never have gotten sick, or anyone else that was there eating with us.

Hank

my war
Same here Roman, have eaten there multiple times and never had a problem. I will admit it's not the best chinese food i have ever had, but IMHO it is not bad.

No, it's that bad. Really.

steppinthrax

We all have very good immune systems. So in honesty you could probably go to your nearest bathroom (public/private) and start licking the seat and insides of the bowl. You may not get sick!!!!!