Who won the maintenance contract?

sockgirl77

IAP lost their contract on Pax. Or at least that is what the employees are being told. Does anyone know who won the contract? I've been trying to find it on the internet and am having no luck. I do not see it on any of the contract award notices either.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I think this is the right one:

Defense.gov: Contracts for Thursday, March 21, 2013

J&A World Services, LLC, Austin, Texas, is being awarded a $13,062,995 firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for base operating support services at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Webster Field Annex, Solomon’s Recreation Center Annex and Point Lookout, Md. The work to be performed provides for general management and administration services; facility support (facilities investment, integrated solid waste management and pool maintenance services); utilities maintenance and operation (including electrical, water and waste water); environmental. Fiscal 2013 contract funds in the amount of $6,622,609 will be obligated at time of award. This contract contains four option years, which if exercised, will bring the contract value to $65,943,515. Work will be performed in Patuxent River, Md. (91 percent); Webster Field, Md. (5 percent); Solomon’s Island, Md. (2 percent); and Point Lookout, Md. (2 percent), and is expected to be completed by March 2014. Contract funds in the amount of $8,737,705 will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured via the Navy Electronic Commerce Online website, with 10 proposals received. The Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Washington, Washington, D.C., is the contracting activity (N40080-13-D-3013).

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
No, they did not. I've been told that this is a totally different contractor.

I don't know, I'm not at Pax but I know Johnson was the main Facilities contractor out there for quite a while. Eastern had the housing but I believe they lost that 2 yrs ago or so..... Fill me in on what's accurate

sockgirl77

I don't know, I'm not at Pax but I know Johnson was the main Facilities contractor out there for quite a while. Eastern had the housing but I believe they lost that 2 yrs ago or so..... Fill me in on what's accurate

Well I know that IAP does the construction maintenance and such but they do not do waste management.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Probably. Hence why I'm on here trying to find the name of the new contractor.

I'll let you know tomorrow, I have a guy who just went to orientation for a new contractor at another base on sat, probably the same company... unless he answers my email tonight

sockgirl77

I'll let you know tomorrow, I have a guy who just went to orientation for a new contractor at another base on sat, probably the same company

Thanks. They're keeping it quiet for some reason. IAP is stating that they're trying to win back the contract because they win the bid first. There are a ton of rumors flying around.