The NRA is run by Morons

BigBlue

Really, they just had to do this?

Newtown residents upset about NRA robocalls | US National Headlines | Comcast

Newtown residents upset about NRA robocalls

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — Some residents of the Connecticut community devastated by December's school shooting said they're outraged over robocalls they've received from the National Rifle Association only three months after a gunman killed 20 first-graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Newtown residents said the automated calls from the NRA began last week and urge people to tell their state legislators to oppose gun control proposals. Some also said they received postcards from the NRA supporting gun owners' rights.

"It's ridiculous and insensitive," Newtown resident Dan O'Donnell told Hartford-area NBC affiliate WVIT-TV, one of several media organizations to report about the robocalls. "I can't believe an organization would be so focused on the rights of gun owners with no consideration for the losses this town suffered."

A message seeking comment was left Monday at the NRA's headquarters in Fairfax, Va.

Like Congress and other state legislatures, Connecticut's General Assembly has been considering gun control measures in the wake of the school shootings, including banning assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

The NRA strongly opposes many gun control proposals including an assault weapons ban, saying government officials should better enforce existing gun laws and not impede on people's Second Amendment rights.

Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the NRA, has said his organization supports getting the records of those adjudicated mentally incompetent and dangerous into the background check system for gun dealers and beefed up penalties for illegal third-party purchases and gun trafficking.

Shortly after the Newtown shooting, LaPierre also called for armed security guards in schools.

A 20-year-old gunman killed 26 students and educators and himself at Sandy Hook on Dec. 14, after having shot his mother to death at their Newtown home.

Another Newtown resident, Christopher Wenis, told The Huffington Post that he received three of the NRA's robocalls last week.

"I've got a 5-year-old son who went to preschool on the Sandy Hook Elementary School campus," Wenis said. "And this was a really hard week for me on a lot of levels. These calls were the very last thing I needed

bcp

In My Opinion
"It's ridiculous and insensitive," Newtown resident Dan O'Donnell told Hartford-area NBC affiliate WVIT-TV, one of several media organizations to report about the robocalls. "I can't believe an organization would be so focused on the rights of gun owners with no consideration for the losses this town suffered.

Lets just try to put this in the least cold way I can.
We have a town that thought making some law about a no gun zone was going to keep them safe. They put their childrens lives up as collateral for the bet.
they lost.

So to make up for their costly error, they not only want other towns to be forced to take the same gamble, but they also want to disarm millions of legal, lawful and responsible gun owners. Gun owners that had they been around that school that day, and had been allowed to carry, might have been able to save some of their children.

They made a grave error and want the rest of the country to pay the price with their freedom and rights.

God be with all those that died, and all of their families.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Newtown put armed guards into their schools. When Wayne suggested that he was called a lunatic.

Odd that the media hasn't been reporting this little tidbit, isn't it?

BigBlue

Lets just try to put this in the least cold way I can.
We have a town that thought making some law about a no gun zone was going to keep them safe. They put their childrens lives up as collateral for the bet.
they lost.

So to make up for their costly error, they not only want other towns to be forced to take the same gamble, but they also want to disarm millions of legal, lawful and responsible gun owners. Gun owners that had they been around that school that day, and had been allowed to carry, might have been able to save some of their children.

They made a grave error and want the rest of the country to pay the price with their freedom and rights..

This is dumber than anything I could ever imagine someone saying! This is an excellent time for you to become a missing person.

bcp

In My Opinion
This is dumber than anything I could ever imagine someone saying! This is an excellent time for you to become a missing person.

Perhaps its time for you to come and make me one.

Sorry Im not falling for the government set up murders meant to convince real Americans to disarm and make way for U.N troops to move in.

tommyjo

bcp isn't very bright or he posts stuff he know will rile folks up just to see what reaction he can get...I don't know which it is...

Unfortunately, this isn't the dumbest or most asinine post on here related to guns...

one of the uber-morons on this site called the deaths of 1st graders in CT the "price of freedom".

direxpgw

reality

Actually Big Blue is the most obvious example of a moron out there. Everyone with any compassion feels horribly for the children of Sandy Hook. How could you not? Innocent little kids being slaughtered in school is about the worst thing one could imagine. But people like you offer absolutely NO realistic solution for even a slim possibility of a solution, but rather whine and complain about something like guns or people's sensibilities.

Guns are a tool that can be used for good or evil depending on the person. NO gun in the history of time, EVER, jumped up off a table and shot someone by itself. It is a hunk of metal which you seem to equate to evil. As if an inanimate object can commit evil by itself. YOU, my friend, are the moron with that mentality.

The only thing IMHO that could have even had the possibility of mitigating the consequences of Sandy Hook would have been an armed school administrator or teacher. Period. Maybe it would have helped, maybe not. But it sure as hell would have been better than a Gun Free Zone sign at the entrance. How about a big sign that says "This is NOT a gun free zone. Try to harm our children and find out!!"

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
The same logic to banning guns because of this tragedy is the same logic the misguided could use to require all cars to have breath analyzers in them from the factory because people can die from drunk drivers.... More gun laws are not the solution, enforcing what we already have on the books will go a lot further in protecting society

BigBlue

Actually Big Blue is the most obvious example of a moron out there. QUOTE]

Contrary to all the facts out there you have a poster that says the parents bet their children's lives and the same loon says it's a government set up, really???People laugh at you and the other right wing nuts here that try to justify their own lack of moral judgment and ignorance.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
one of the uber-morons on this site called the deaths of 1st graders in CT the "price of freedom".

It's actually the cost of thinking a sign that says "Gun Free Zone" will deter a crazy person

The uber-morons are the ones that thought that would work

.... like you and Blue

BigBlue

It's actually the cost of thinking a sign that says "Gun Free Zone" will deter a crazy person

The uber-morons are the ones that thought that would work

.... like you and Blue

I realize you have a hard time with words so I will try again. I thought a parent with guns was smart enough to keep them away from kids from the people on this board I see that was an error. After hearing from people like yourself I realize that gun owners in general lack the common sense God gave slugs to lock up their guns.

foodcritic

Contrary to all the facts out there you have a poster that says the parents bet their children's lives and the same loon says it's a government set up, really???People laugh at you and the other right wing nuts here that try to justify their own lack of moral judgment and ignorance.

Stop using the death of children to make points. It's an enumerated right in the constitution. A well armed people would have ended the maniac early. Sadly we are all left unarmed and defenseless because of this nonsense.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I realize you have a hard time with words so I will try again. I thought a parent with guns was smart enough to keep them away from kids from the people on this board I see that was an error. After hearing from people like yourself I realize that gun owners in general lack the common sense God gave slugs to lock up their guns.

No. In fact, I would, and have, gone to great lengths to make sure children like you have no access to my guns. :howdy:

Inkd

The same logic to banning guns because of this tragedy is the same logic the misguided could use to require all cars to have breath analyzers in them from the factory because people can die from drunk drivers.... More gun laws are not the solution, enforcing what we already have on the books will go a lot further in protecting society

I used that exact breathalyzer example on some family members. Amazing how the light bulb went off in their brains when they actually thought about something that would impact them.

Inkd

Actually, the parents didn't bet their kids lives. Their state government did.

While I don't think it was a government set up I would say that the whole gun free zone is a big myth. Seeing as the two most recent mass shootings happened in gun free zones. Maybe we should ban gun free zones??

It's too bad it took a tragedy like this for parents to realize the one place that you would hope kids would be safe, is nothing but a big giant bullseye.

One Newtown Response to Adam Lanza's Crime: $420,000 For Armed Guards in Schools - News - The Litchfield County Times