Hot Coffee....

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
....it has been almost two months since you have hijacked the Religion forum.
You have averaged less than one response per day in March.
Are you going to quit after Easter or are you going to continue to Mark and John next?

You need to breathe............JMHO.

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I don't notice you starting any threads to get a discussion going.

I thought I just did.

and my last thread generated 65 posts, more than Hot Coffee has generated hijacking the Religion forum for two months.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
I enjoy HotCoffee's threads, because I am not as educated on the Bible as I would like to be. She makes learning fun! I, generally, don't reply to her posts, because, like I said, I am not educated enough on the subject to join discussion, but I am learning! Thanks HC!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
and my last thread generated 65 posts.

Woo hoo. My threads are WAY more popular than that.

If you'll look at the number of views her posts get, you'll see that although they don't generate discussion, they do get seen.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I don't understand why it's considered hijacking a forum if she's starting threads about the topic of the forum section. I don't see many other people posting in this section lately, I don't get the big deal.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I respect you and your business. I know you need posts and views as part of your business model., but when you let anyone hijack your forums, you cheapen the product.

JMHO

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I don't understand why it's considered hijacking a forum if she's starting threads about the topic of the forum section. I don't see many other people posting in this section lately, I don't get the big deal.

It's no big deal, but it is hijacking the forum, just like NHBoy when he gets on a roll.. No room for discussion, just thread starters.

mamatutu

mama to two
I have never understood the concept on this forum (my only one ever) about too many threads started by one person/or on one subject, will clog the forums, or make it difficult to navigate. The "mark forums as read" option under QuickLinks works well. After you read the threads you want to read, you can click on that option, and it all starts over as a blank slate; with only the most recent/immediate posts showing up as they come in. Then, you can read them, or not.

Hank

my war
I have never understood the concept on this forum (my only one ever) about too many threads started by one person/or on one subject, will clog the forums, or make it difficult to navigate. The "mark forums as read" option under QuickLinks works well. After you read the threads you want to read, you can click on that option, and it all starts over as a blank slate; with only the most recent/immediate posts showing up as they come in. Then, you can read them, or not.

You remind me of Mary Magdalene...

hotcoffee

....it has been almost two months since you have hijacked the Religion forum.
You have averaged less than one response per day in March.
Are you going to quit after Easter or are you going to continue to Mark and John next?

You need to breathe............JMHO.

I don't know how to answer that. All this started because it seemed that all people were doing in this forum was trashing whatever church they wanted to and I was afraid it was turning people who were looking for something away.

I admit... it was a personal decision to begin posting verses from the gospels. Matthew IMHO is the driest of the four gospels but it's the first book and I wanted to start somewhere so why not start from the beginning.

I've learned so much by doing this.... and from the response I've gotten in IM's and likes.... some people seemed to like reading them. I'd like to continue through the rest of Matthew at least.

Problem is.... I have learned that I have cancer. As a matter of fact, I'm meeting with a surgeon today at GWU. I don't know what will happen over the next few weeks or months. I don't know what stage cancer I have, I don't know if surgery will be the answer or if I have to do chemo. I don't know if I will be capable of going on with this. My daughter went in for a simple removal of a mass and when the surgery started it turned horrible. I don't know if that will happen to me or if I will be spared. All I do know for sure is that a lot of people are praying for me so whatever happens, the Lord it in control and I'm good with that either way. I mean if the worst happens I go to Heaven and that wouldn't be bad either. right?

Tell you what.... Why not let others decide?.... do we continue or do we stop at the end of Matthew? I'd vote to continue through the 4 gospels. I've been asked to join some private forums that post a daily Bible verse. I appreciate what they are doing.... more than they know.... but it's like reading in a closet. I don't learn as much as doing it in open forum.

I leave it up to those of you in the forum.... [and my health]

:coffee:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I respect you and your business. I know you need posts and views as part of your business model., but when you let anyone hijack your forums, you cheapen the product.

JMHO

Well, gosh - you're certainly entitled to your opinion. That's the beauty of the forums. :diva:

I think you have a bone :pete: to pick with Hotcoffee and that's why you are singling her out for starting a lot of posts.

Do you reply to all of her posts? If you don't, then why do you care? I see how many posts NHBoy & GURPS posts over in the politics & news/current events forums. The have postarrhea sometimes, but I don't *have* to post in them, I don't *have* to read them. As far as I know, there are no RULES preventing them from posting 100 posts a day.

The forum rules don't apply to just some people. They apply to all the peeps. Even you. :yay: