What did you company do to recognize 9/11?

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I was curious if anyones company did anything special for today? I work for Veridian and they put out an entire field of flags, plus a big banner on the building. We also took a moment of silence today at the time the building was hit. I think they did a great job.

blueeyes76

My company had a ceremony of remembrance in the main office coference room at lunch time. I observed a moment of silence this morning at the time the first building was hit. I'm a little upset that the flag at my hangar is not flying half mast.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Ummm... the Times has their electronic billboard flashing with today's headlines, and I hear they are serving chicken in the cafeteria, and a lot of "un-necessary" employees have called in sick.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
My company didn't do crap. I'm pretty pissed about it too. We're located in DC now but a year ago we were in Crystal City right between Regan National and the Pentagon. Everyone there that day saw what happened to the Pentagon and even though most of us weren't personally affected by it seeing it does something to you all the same. No moment of silence, no liberal leave to attend memorials, nothing. The property manager of our building brought up a little red, white and blue flower arrangement to sit at our reception desk and other companies in our building gave their employees american flags and patriotic stickers and such. I had gripes with my company before because they never seem concerned with their employees, just the good of the company. Now I'm even more disgusted with them.

watercolor

yeah yeah
We hung our flag, all worn red white & blule. And my lady boss susie made red, white & blue pasta salad for lunch. So.. that is what we did.

J

justhangn

I work in the federal triangle, my company put a 5" X 8" flag on the door.

U F B !

Cracka

As I figured ours did nothing.I managed to take my break during that time and watch a piece of the news during the moment of silence.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
All we got was an email from a VP of our company asking up to have a moment of silence at 12:00 noon. But there was nothing special done in our building.

Biff

My company didn't do crap. I'm pretty pissed about it too.
If you have such personal convictions, why didn't you take personal time and do what you felt was necessary for you? Why does your company have to pay you for a day off or lead you in ceremony?

Boogieman117

A Busy Busy Guy
Here's what my gas station did.

Nothing.

And it's good too. You see, I'm just as patriotic as the next person. But, think about it. Where I work, there's no TV and no radio.

Life goes on, everyone. It's that simple..

I responded to a 9/11 post earlier *about 1/2 an hour after this one, I'm with an online gaming team for a video game called Half Life.

Here's the link(s) on how I really felt. My post name is CRUNCH_Boogieman.

Where Were You on 9/11? You Feelings on 9/11

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have no idea what my company did. Our Mother Ship is in Springfield, VA and I work on the base. I left at 11:30 to go to CSM to take some tests then ran errands. I did keep the TV off except for videos.

When I picked up my daugher (3 yrs) from day care, they had made construction paper flags and the teacher wrote on them, We Can Change the World. I hope that is true. Last night she was waving her flag reciting the Pledge of Allegience and singing America the Beautiful. I thought it was very appropriate and got it on video.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My company didn't do anything for 9-11, for which I am profoundly thankful. The very last thing in the world I want to do is jump on that bandwagon and start spewing synthetic patriotism.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Biff

If you have such personal convictions, why didn't you take personal time and do what you felt was necessary for you? Why does your company have to pay you for a day off or lead you in ceremony?

Well I guess if you were paying attention you would have noticed I wrote they didn't give us the option of liberal leave. Liberal leave is not paid. My company doesn't have to do anything for me. I chose to come to work because I think it's important to go on with our lives and not live scared. I do however think it would have been appropriate to make some small gesture (flags or even a company wide email) in remembrance. I have no problem with what I did or how I dealt with the day. I do however have a problem with such a large company who has benefited from the productivity of our nation especially our military not doing ANYTHING to remember.