Paging IS--Muslim God same as Christian God

Midnightrider

Then I think someone better inform the Muslims because in vitually every Islamic country, Christianity is banned.

that doesn't mean that its not the same god.

if there is only 1 god, then no matter what you (royal) say about him, or beleive to be true about him, he is the one and only god. Human limits or prejudices don't change god.

religion does not equal god and vise versa

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Negative ......

Mooselimbs do not worship the same G_D as Christians

they are descendants of Abraham, but the differences between Allah and yahweh, are like night and day

Mohomad tried to claim they were all the same, it the early days when Ol MO was trying to gather converts among the Jews and Early Christians, this is where the 'people of the book' nonsense comes from, but after being rejected by Jews and Christians, suddenly Mo gets NEW revolutions to smite them all

even going as far as labeling Christians 'heretics' for believing in the Trinity, because in there mind Allah is ONE, and the nonsense about G_D being 3 parts is Apostasy .... and Jesus was a nice guy, maybe a profit ...

Now, both Lumen Gentium 16 and Pope Francis’s words have a pastoral rather than doctrinal purpose. Their aim is to build interreligious bridges by generously acknowledging whatever can be found to be true in other faiths—not to make precise pronouncements about their theology. That said, Lumen Gentium is an exercise of the ordinary Magisterium, and even casual statements from a pope (be it this one from Francis or similar ones made by his predecessors) shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Likewise I think we’re on solid ground in saying that the subjective intention of Muslims is to worship the one God—moreover, the one God from the line of Abrahamic revelation. Whether or not their version of that revelation is authentic or correct, that’s what they “profess to hold” to. Furthermore, some of the attributes of the God to whom they address their worship are comparable to the Christian God’s: He is one, merciful, omnipotent, and the judge of the world.

Well, at least one difference suggests itself. Muslims “profess” to hold to the faith of Abraham but really don’t; their version of Abrahamic faith is false. (Of course, they believe that our version is the false one, a corruption of the Qur’an.) Jews, on the other hand, know and believe in their God according to his authentic self-revelation—what they have received from him is true, just incomplete. To be fully true, Jewish theology just needs to be perfected by Christian revelation, whereas, although we can identify many truths in it, Islamic theology needs to be broken down, corrected, rebuilt from an authentic foundation.

Can Islam be that reliable ally? (Shameless product plug alert.) That’s the subject of the newest book from Catholic Answers Press: Not Peace but a Sword by Robert Spencer. The evidence he presents will help us understand Islam’s God more clearly, and make us examine more shrewdly the prospects for any future alliance with followers of the Prophet.

PsyOps

Pixelated
that doesn't mean that its not the same god.

if there is only 1 god, then no matter what you (royal) say about him, or beleive to be true about him, he is the one and only god. Human limits or prejudices don't change god.

religion does not equal god and vise versa

Are we talking about God or religion? They are very different things to me.

What does ‘royal’ mean?

My limited understanding about God doesn’t allow me to put any sort of limit on God. However, Muslims have. They have chosen to parse Christians out as the infidel. They have been charged by their God to destroy us. My bible (the Word of God) says: ““Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.” (Matthew 12:25). If Muslims and Christians are destroying each other how can they be of the same God? It’s not my human limit that said this. God said this. God’s house will stand forever: “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it.” (Matthew 16:18).

Midnightrider

Are we talking about God or religion? They are very different things to me.

What does ‘royal’ mean?

My limited understanding about God doesn’t allow me to put any sort of limit on God. However, Muslims have. They have chosen to parse Christians out as the infidel. They have been charged by their God to destroy us. My bible (the Word of God) says: ““Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.” (Matthew 12:25). If Muslims and Christians are destroying each other how can they be of the same God? It’s not my human limit that said this. God said this. God’s house will stand forever: “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it.” (Matthew 16:18).

I am talking about god. Your religion is different than theirs, but that's just the things you say about god.

I know you don't like hearing it, but the bible was written by men not god.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I am talking about god. Your religion is different than theirs, but that's just the things you say about god.

I know you don't like hearing it, but the bible was written by men not god.

I am debating with someone that doesn’t believe. So I take what you write with a grain of salt. You’re not stating anything new here. So none of it surprises me or offends me.

But if you think Muslims or Christians believe they worship the same god, then I challenge you to go to Saudi Arabia, whip out the bible, stand on a soapbox and start preaching the Gospel of Christ. See what happens. You will quickly learn that what you believe (they are the same god) is what you've decided to believe and not what Christians or Muslims believe.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
I am debating with someone that doesn’t believe. So I take what you write with a grain of salt. You’re not stating anything new here. So none of it surprises me or offends me.

But if you think Muslims or Christians believe they worship the same god, then I challenge you to go to Saudi Arabia, whip out the bible, stand on a soapbox and start preaching the Gospel of Christ. See what happens. You will quickly learn that what you believe (they are the same god) is what you've decided to believe and not what Christians or Muslims believe.

I think you're spot on with this one. They both believe their god is the right god, just like other religions believe their god is the one. Maybe it would be better if we stated they all believe in the same concept of a god.