Cops refused service because they had guns....

Chris0nllyn

Eight police officers were refused service at Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesday, apparently because they had their weapons displayed.

The Prince William County Police officers were on duty, but were in plain clothes, said Daryl LaClair, a Prince William County resident who wrote a letter to the restaurant chain’s headquarters and started a public awareness campaign regarding the incident.

The group walked into the Buffalo Wild Wings located near Wellington Road and Market Street, but were refused service by an employee who said they had to secure the guns before they would be served.

The officers had their badges displayed but still weren’t served.

Police Officers Refused Service at Buffalo Wild Wings Because of Guns - Manassas, VA Patch

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
that is stupid, VA has OPEN Carry

more privileges for the blue line;

“… There is no reason why those officers should have been asked to leave … police officers are always welcome in my establishment and even though we do have a no gun policy, as a company that excludes off duty police officer,” Lupton wrote. “As a company we are community oriented. We appreciate everything that police officers do for us.”

I will take my business elsewhere if that is the attitude, for NON Police ...

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
that is stupid, VA has OPEN Carry

more privileges for the blue line;

I will take my business elsewhere if that is the attitude, for NON Police ...

Spend a lot of time in the Wild wings in Prince William County do you?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Similar thing happened at Sweetwater restaurant in Vienna, VA some years back.

I was there with girlfriend and she spotted a pistol and clip tucked in a guys pants just above his butt. She was like :cds:

I told her to relax that VA was an open carry state. Well it bothered other people too because a manager came over and asked him to leave. He argued with the guy for a few minutes before leaving.

I really liked that place but have not been back since.

Vince

“… There is no reason why those officers should have been asked to leave … police officers are always welcome in my establishment and even though we do have a no gun policy, as a company that excludes off duty police officer,” Lupton wrote. “As a company we are community oriented. We appreciate everything that police officers do for us.”
This is stupid. I'm not talking about the police officers, but if someone has a permit for concealed carry this company won't allow them in the restaurant. Do they think this is going to stop the criminal with the gun from coming in? "Oh, we have a no gun policy sir, you can't come in here and shoot anyone today." The only one it will stop will be the law abiding citizen. Bunch a dumbasses.

itsrequired

This is stupid. I'm not talking about the police officers, but if someone has a permit for concealed carry this company won't allow them in the restaurant. Do they think this is going to stop the criminal with the gun from coming in? "Oh, we have a no gun policy sir, you can't come in here and shoot anyone today." The only one it will stop will be the law abiding citizen. Bunch a dumbasses.

I don't think concealed was the issue. These guns were displayed and the officers had their badges out. I wonder if the policy has to do with the fact that they serve alcohol. I know a lot of bars ban firearms.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Good for the response by corporate.
It's not a good response. It's a stupid response. Open carry means just that.

Virginia does have a law that you cannot carry at or in a bar. You can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you just can't sit at the bar.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Asahi doesn't seem to have that policy. I was there for lunch last week and shared a grill table with a uniformed State Trooper and there was also an un-uniformed officer at the sushi bar. Both of their firearms were displayed. Didn't make me nervous one bit. :yay:

itsrequired

Virginia does have a law that you cannot carry at or in a bar. You can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you just can't sit at the bar.

Don't go to their business. I like the response.

Chris0nllyn

I've only had one experience while carrying. Granted, I have a CCW permit, so it was concealed, until I bent down to get something off a store shelf.

Stood back up, and realized my shirt was behind the gun.

I'm sure people saw it, but no one freaked out.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
So if BWW calls 911 because they are getting robbed, the police can say sorry, we would like to help but we are not allowed in your place with our guns.

Chris0nllyn

Oh, and technically, a "no guns" sign doesn't carry any legal weight.

If the manager asks you to leave, and you don't, it's trespassing.

Besides that, you can't get in trouble for bringing a gun somewhere with a "no guns" sign.

Vince

If you can get concealed carry in Maryland, if.....I think we have the same law as to where you can and cannot carry concealed. Doesn't really matter because you will never get concealed carry in Maryland.

Chris0nllyn

So if BWW calls 911 because they are getting robbed, the police can say sorry, we would like to help but we are not allowed in your place with our guns.

"Sorry sir/ma'am we can not bring weapons into your establishment. Plus, your food sucks"

MadDogMarine

Any policy should apply EQUALLY to police and non police in the same fashion speeding laws etc should apply to police and non police.
As is said. "what is good for the goose is good for the gander".

I completely agree with this policy of Serbu firearms
Serbu Firearms Refuses to Sell .50 Cal Sniper Rifles to NYPD
"Company founder Mark Serbu said, “Unfortunately, we have a policy of selling to state law enforcement agencies only what is allowed to be sold to private citizens in that state. Since the passage of the NY SAFE act, the BFG-50A is considered an assault weapon and as such is no longer available to private citizens in the state of New York. Therefore we have to respectfully decline to supply your department with BFG-50A rifles.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... I wonder if the policy has to do with the fact that they serve alcohol. I know a lot of bars ban firearms.

I think that is part of VA Reg. if it is a 'BAR' only, leave the weapon in the car, if it is a restaurant, like BWW or Fridays, or Famous Dave's etc ... carry on on

Chris0nllyn

If you can get concealed carry in Maryland, if.....I think we have the same law as to where you can and cannot carry concealed. Doesn't really matter because you will never get concealed carry in Maryland.

In MD you CAN carry into a restaurant that serves alcohol (IE Applebees, Chilis, etc.).

Don't know about a bar.

Same with VA.

Chris0nllyn

Any policy should apply EQUALLY to police and non police in the same fashion speeding laws etc should apply to police and non police.
As is said. "what is good for the goose is good for the gander".

I completely agree with this policy of Serbu firearms
Serbu Firearms Refuses to Sell .50 Cal Sniper Rifles to NYPD
"Company founder Mark Serbu said, “Unfortunately, we have a policy of selling to state law enforcement agencies only what is allowed to be sold to private citizens in that state. Since the passage of the NY SAFE act, the BFG-50A is considered an assault weapon and as such is no longer available to private citizens in the state of New York. Therefore we have to respectfully decline to supply your department with BFG-50A rifles.”

Bigger question is, why the hell does the NYPD need .50 cal sniper rifles?