CBS Poll - Gun Control support drops

Chris0nllyn

Soon after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., announced an assault weapons ban would not be part of a gun control bill, a new CBS News poll shows support for stricter gun control laws overall has dropped since the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Currently, support for stricter gun control laws stands at 47 percent today, down from a high of 57 percent just after the shootings. Thirty-nine percent want those laws kept as they are, and another 11 percent want them made less strict.

Partisans hold different views on gun control laws: 52 percent of Republicans want the laws kept as they are, while 66 percent of Democrats want stricter laws (down from 78 percent in February). Half of gun owners themselves want gun laws overall kept as they are, but a quarter call for stricter laws.

Women (55 percent) are more likely than men (39 percent) to want stricter laws, as are those living in the Northeast. Only 44 percent in the Midwest and South want stricter laws; 47 percent in the West.

Poll: Support for stricter gun control wanes - CBS News

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This explains clearly the belief there will soon be another atrocity to drum up support. This will prompt Harry Reid to immediately add in the AWB and ram it through the Senate.

Which is why, if I was LaPierre, I would hold a little presser every Monday announcing how many days it's been since Sandy Hook and note that the president STILL has not come out with support for REAL protection, good guys with guns, at our schools. Then, I would declare that the next kid killed in a school by some nut, something we all agree is not a matter of if, but when, REGARDLESS of ANY new gun regulations, that that blood is on the Presidents hands.

I don't care if the only person to show up would be my dog. I'd still send the notices to all the norms and just keep it up.

Because it's true.

Chris0nllyn

Which is why, if I was LaPierre, I would hold a little presser every Monday announcing how many days it's been since Sandy Hook and note that the president STILL has not come out with support for REAL protection, good guys with guns, at our schools. Then, I would declare that the next kid killed in a school by some nut, something we all agree is not a matter of if, but when, REGARDLESS of ANY new gun regulations, that that blood is on the Presidents hands.

I don't care if the only person to show up would be my dog. I'd still send the notices to all the norms and just keep it up.

Because it's true.

If I were Wayne, I'd compare this whole sh-bang to 9/11.

Everyone wanted something done, NOW.

10 years later, we're just now getting out, after how much money, how many new laws, how many new agencies?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If I were Wayne, I'd compare this whole sh-bang to 9/11.

Everyone wanted something done, NOW.

10 years later, we're just now getting out, after how much money, how many new laws, how many new agencies?

I'd be more direct and use the blood of dead kids to argue in favor of actually doing something that could stop it from happening again.

I'd call him a coward. Once a week.

I'd tell everyone he doesn't care because he's not giving your kids the same protection his get.

I'd be ugly about it every Monday and I'd point out how he wasted the Giffords shooting, Aurora and now this to do something effective to help protect freedom and liberty in this nation including the freedom to not have our kids at the mercy of the next madman.

Chris0nllyn

I'd be more direct and use the blood of dead kids to argue in favor of actually doing something that could stop it from happening again.

I'd call him a coward. Once a week.

I'd tell everyone he doesn't care because he's not giving your kids the same protection his get.

I'd be ugly about it every Monday and I'd point out how he wasted the Giffords shooting, Aurora and now this to do something effective to help protect freedom and liberty in this nation including the freedom to not have our kids at the mercy of the next madman.

It's about time they fight fire, with fire.

Un fortunately, the left has been doing a bang up job alienating any other group that differs from their views.

It's the GOP's fault for this, and that. The NRA is a terrorist group. etc.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's about time they fight fire, with HOTTER fire.

Un fortunately, the left has been doing a bang up job alienating any other group that differs from their views.

It's the GOP's fault for this, and that. The NRA is a terrorist group. etc.

Many of my friends on the right just throw their hands up and blame it on the media, the D's, whatever but, the opportunity to just trump their ass on issue after issue, just go over the top, is right there. Day after day. Just a wasting away.

The GOP is just so amateur hour when it comes to hyperbole.

"President Obama wants your babies dead! He'll send soldiers all over the planet to protect other peoples kids, including his, but NOT YOURS! Ask yourself why. Why does the president think YOUR kid isn't worth protecting with a few good guys with guns, just like his are. Why? WHY! :cds: "

Chris0nllyn

Many of my friends on the right just throw their hands up and blame it on the media, the D's, whatever but, the opportunity to just trump their ass on issue after issue, just go over the top, is right there. Day after day. Just a wasting away.

The GOP is just so amateur hour when it comes to hyperbole.

"President Obama wants your babies dead! He'll send soldiers all over the planet to protect other peoples kids, including his, but NOT YOURS! Ask yourself why. Why does the president think YOUR kid isn't worth protecting with a few good guys with guns, just like his are. Why? WHY! :cds: "

Throw that on top of the ever-growing Obamacare costs, money being sent the middle east, the debunked sequester, and other Bammy failures, and people may actually pay attention.

Unfortunately, Dems have done a great job of appealing to, and understanding the people who just don't care. they don't care about anything that affects them. they don't care to do their own research. Perfect example is all the ridiculous claims that came out after Sandy Hook about "assault rifles".

Now, we've got Operation DINO going on in MD. They want to oust Dems by voting as Dems, but are really Repubs. I tried telling them to vote Libertarian, so there would be some REAL change. No dice...peopel seems convinced that doing the same thing over and over will somehow show different results.