Even more Obamacare good news...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lovely.

While some states will see medical claims costs per person decline, the report concluded the overwhelming majority will see double-digit increases in their individual health insurance markets, where people purchase coverage directly from insurers.

The disparities are striking. By 2017, the estimated increase would be 62 percent for California, about 80 percent for Ohio, more than 20 percent for Florida and 67 percent for Maryland.

Study: Health overhaul to raise claims cost 32 pct

bcp

In My Opinion
What can I say,
Toby and Juan need their free stuff.
Dave and Jim will pay for it.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
ObamaCare kills trees!

We are in the process of printing and mailing out open enrollment packages at work and the size of the booklets has almost tripled.

Inkd

When my time is up over here, I am seriously going to look for jobs in Pennsylvania, North and South Carolina.

I am absolutley disgusted with Maryland. It sucks too cause Maryland has alot to offer me in several areas but I just don't know if I can take the liberal mindset and costant wallet raping.

bcp

In My Opinion
When my time is up over here, I am seriously going to look for jobs in Pennsylvania, North and South Carolina.

I am absolutley disgusted with Maryland. It sucks too cause Maryland has alot to offer me in several areas but I just don't know if I can take the liberal mindset and costant wallet raping.

My wife and I are discussing selling the property here, and moving to Virginia,
This is one that we are looking into
We can basically sell our land here for just the land value, and then get it for a very small increase in the mortgage payment.

What I am trying to work out right now is how the taxes are going to be affected if we continue to work in Maryland for 8 more years while residents of VA. From what Im seeing right now, we would have to pay the local tax (montgomery county) for the county we work in, then also pay all VA taxes.
I need to get an accountant to go over this with us. Her cousin happens to be one so Im going to sit down with him and go over the numbers to see if its a doable thing or if it would be best to suffer 8 more years.
Once we do retire, all retirement pay will be taxed in only the state we are residence of.

MSTR-P

I work with several folks that work in MD and live out of state and they don't pay any MD taxes. We are looking in the King George area...longer commute, but no MD taxes or other OWEmalley crap to put up with.

bcp

In My Opinion
I work with several folks that work in MD and live out of state and they don't pay any MD taxes. We are looking in the King George area...longer commute, but no MD taxes or other OWEmalley crap to put up with.

actually, they are supposed to file a MD-515 tax form. or, under certain circumstances a MD-505 form.

Unless, they work for a Virginia company that contracts them to a Maryland job site, then it might be different because the law says you have to file in the county that you are employed in.

Inkd

My wife and I are discussing selling the property here, and moving to Virginia,
This is one that we are looking into
We can basically sell our land here for just the land value, and then get it for a very small increase in the mortgage payment.

What I am trying to work out right now is how the taxes are going to be affected if we continue to work in Maryland for 8 more years while residents of VA. From what Im seeing right now, we would have to pay the local tax (montgomery county) for the county we work in, then also pay all VA taxes.
I need to get an accountant to go over this with us. Her cousin happens to be one so Im going to sit down with him and go over the numbers to see if its a doable thing or if it would be best to suffer 8 more years.
Once we do retire, all retirement pay will be taxed in only the state we are residence of.

Our corporate office is up in Hunt Valley. A large percentage of those folks live in PA and commute to Maryland. I'm not sure how thier taxes work though. I know in New Jersey where I am originally from, alot of people live in PA but work in Jersey and I think PA has some kind of tax agreement with New Jersey but I don't know what it is for sure.

In my old office, we had 2 guys who lived in VA and commuted to Maryland. They were established in Virginia before they ever got the jobs so it's not like they bailed out of Maryland.

I know there were things I didn't like about Virginia when I was staitioned there. City stickers for vehicles, personal property taxes and such. But, overall I think it would be an even trade for me if I could find the right location.

I absolutley love where I live though, Little apartment on the water. I hunt the fields across from my place. Landlord and landlady are like family now. It would be tough to leave them but at some point, enough is enough.

BTW, that is a kick ass kitchen!!!!!!

Last edited:

MSTR-P

actually, they are supposed to file a MD-515 tax form. or, under certain circumstances a MD-505 form.

Unless, they work for a Virginia company that contracts them to a Maryland job site, then it might be different because the law says you have to file in the county that you are employed in.

Perhaps it is because they work for a fed govt office based in MD? Not sure...all I know is that they live in VA and PA and work in MD without any of the MD crap.

bcp

In My Opinion
Perhaps it is because they work for a fed govt office based in MD? Not sure...all I know is that they live in VA and PA and work in MD without any of the MD crap.

I don't know. everyone's situation is going to be different.
I will be working in Maryland being paid by an organization IN Maryland.

I would have to check but if they live in Virginia, and work for a company that is registered and based in Virginia, then I think regardless of where they physically go to work, they would be considered Virginia employed.

somdfunguy

not impressed
I don't know. everyone's situation is going to be different.
I will be working in Maryland being paid by an organization IN Maryland.

I would have to check but if they live in Virginia, and work for a company that is registered and based in Virginia, then I think regardless of where they physically go to work, they would be considered Virginia employed.
You'd be fine no issues. It's called reciprocity

State Tax Reciprocal Agreements (aka "Reciprocity")

Being paid by an Indiana company means nothing.

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'm going to start looking into King George as well. It would add about 20 minutes one way to my commute but I can handle it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Now that we got all that out of the way, perhaps we can discuss Obama's ultimate plan; to force everyone off privatized health insurance and on to a fully government-run program. Obamacare is just a stepping stone.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I'm going to start looking into King George as well. It would add about 20 minutes one way to my commute but I can handle it.

That would be a rural 20 minutes so you wouldn't even notice it.. KG has some nice places over there. You would have to deal with the bridge though..