Pentagon cuts number of furlough days

MarieB

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Defense officials say the Pentagon will sharply cut the number of unpaid furlough days civilians will have to take in the next several months from 22 to 14, reducing the financial impact of the budget cuts on as many as 700,000 workers.

News from The Associated Press

DEEKAYPEE8569

Pentagon cuts number of furlough days to 14 - FederalNewsRadio.com

:bigwhoop:

"While some of the military services initially considered eliminating the furloughs altogether, senior leaders argued that since not all the services could do that, it would be better to treat all civilians across the Defense Department equally."

Don't think I'd use the word "treat".

Don't know that there is just one word. Maybe a phrase would be more appropriate; ie; 'Well, since WE have to deal with this sequestration, YOU do to. Some would call it "parity."

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The possibilities are endless. I favor "hose" for this quasi-family-friendly site.

How about "whatever blows up obamas' skirt, at least a little, that may make some kind of political hay, even though it is complete hogwash to anyone that has brain activity?"

Jay Carney - errrrrrr........probably not, seeing that WH spokesman cannot breath until the big o expels his head from the official orifice.

abcxyz

Why the :mad: face?

I don't think the cuts go any where close to as deep as they need to go.

And no, I've never wanted to work on base. Some reason every one thinks that if person wants to cut government spending it is because they are jealous they don't have a base job. Nothing could be further from the truth in my case.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate

And no, I've never wanted to work on base. Some reason every one thinks that if person wants to cut government spending it is because they are jealous they don't have a base job. Nothing could be further from the truth in my case.

So, do tell us what all you'd cut, fairly across the board.

No one said you had to want to work on base. Who said you're jealous?

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Agree the cuts are nowhere near far enough as to what is needed. At all levels - including Congress, USCOTUS, etc. - of all programs, including the ones I am draw from - VA and CSRS.

thurley42

HY;FR

Congrats you're not jealous. I think it's pathetic that people want to cut working people who are already so overtaked that most of us work unpaid overtime every week. How about we cut entitlement, welfare, bs research grants, foreign spending?

No it's cool lets cut the working force. That makes sense. Gmafb

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
They are reducing the number of days so they can come back later and say "see, sequestration didn't have the effect we thought it would so now our only option is to raise taxes".... is a political game

abcxyz

So, do tell us what all you'd cut, fairly across the board.

No one said you had to want to work on base. Who said you're jealous?

Almost all negative posts about base jobs turn in to someone saying the person without one must be jealous, I was just prefacing that was not even close to the case for me.

Across the board cuts wasn't the best answer but at least it is in the right direction. So much should and could be cut that I'm willing to vote for any one willing to cut any thing and once we lop the big fat off we can do more precision trimming.

Congrats you're not jealous. I think it's pathetic that people want to cut working people who are already so overtaked that most of us work unpaid overtime every week. How about we cut entitlement, welfare, bs research grants, foreign spending?

No it's cool lets cut the working force. That makes sense. Gmafb

I never stated that I wouldn't cut entitlement, welfare, bs research grants, foreign spending as well. No new taxes, every $1 cut in defense if met with $4 cut in entitlements with a minimum percentage of cuts required per year would be fine with me. Some thing along the lines of 20% 1st year, 15% following year, 10% following year, 5% following year may be enough to get us back on track.

Vince

They are reducing the number of days so they can come back later and say "see, sequestration didn't have the effect we thought it would so now our only option is to raise taxes".... is a political game
Basically, anyway I look at it, I lose.