Free speech or racist or stupid or what...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
CBS basketball analyst Doug Gottlieb said......
CBS analyst Doug Gottlieb got coverage of the NCAA tournament's Sweet 16 off to an awkward start last night as he joked that he was there to bring the 'white man's perspective' to the network's pregame show.

The remark raised the ire of some basketball fans on Twitter, who branded Gottlieb's quip 'awkward' and 'racist.'

At one point, Gottlieb addressed one of his critics directly, saying: ‘It is called a joke.’

Perhaps the harshest rebuke came from ESPN football analyst and former NFL player Mark May, who tweeted that Gottlieb should be 'canned' from CBS for what he said.

Read more: Doug Gottlieb: CBS analyst apologizes after telling panel he's there 'to bring white man's perspective' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And Alabama state rep Joe Mitchel, a democrat said in reference to Caucasians .....
"Your folk never used all this sheit (sic) to protect my folk from your slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, incestuous, snaggle-toothed, backward-assed, inbreed (sic), imported criminal-minded kin folk."

Ala. Rep Shocks Colleagues With Racial Remarks - ABC News

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So let's say a black commentator was covering the Stanley Cup playoffs and said, "I'm here to bring a black man's perspective to the game." Just saying it jokingly because, let's face it, not a lot of black guys on a hockey team.

Still racist and awkward?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
And, of course, there's are really racist public stumbles that get glossed over.

Attachments

• Joe Mitchell.jpg
    Joe Mitchell.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 91
S

skilletGirl

So let's say a black commentator was covering the Stanley Cup playoffs and said, "I'm here to bring a black man's perspective to the game." Just saying it jokingly because, let's face it, not a lot of black guys on a hockey team.

Still racist and awkward?

No then it would be praised and he would be told what a brave man he was to stand out being a minority. The. It would continue on to how hockey is racist and needs more black people in it.

protectmd

Well... the reality is, the liberal media promotes that philosophy. Its ok for blacks and minorities to make comments that whites should get slammed for making. But I think the majority of America can see things for what they really are. I for one, don't feel the "white guilt" when I read about slavery and other tragedies. The reason being, that my ancestors weren't involved in that era of America. The media no matter how bad it gets will entice me into racial debates and "race baiting." I wasn't a slave holder, I wasn't a nazi prison camp guard, I am not apart of any conspiracy to keep the black man down. At the end of the day I really don't care about the remarks, and the garbage thats spewed and fuels these debates back and forth. I think alot of minorities agree with me as well. Most American's look for a good paying job, seek to better themselves and their families, and wish to live a good life. They don't want to run around wearing white sheets, burning crosses or riding around in cars smoking dope, listening to rap music blasting the N word and shooting each other for more turf rights. Those are the things degenerates choose to do.

mamatutu

mama to two
Well... the reality is, the liberal media promotes that philosophy. Its ok for blacks and minorities to make comments that whites should get slammed for making. But I think the majority of America can see things for what they really are. I for one, don't feel the "white guilt" when I read about slavery and other tragedies. The reason being, that my ancestors weren't involved in that era of America. The media no matter how bad it gets will entice me into racial debates and "race baiting." I wasn't a slave holder, I wasn't a nazi prison camp guard, I am not apart of any conspiracy to keep the black man down. At the end of the day I really don't care about the remarks, and the garbage thats spewed and fuels these debates back and forth. I think alot of minorities agree with me as well. Most American's look for a good paying job, seek to better themselves and their families, and wish to live a good life. They don't want to run around wearing white sheets, burning crosses or riding around in cars smoking dope, listening to rap music blasting the N word and shooting each other for more turf rights. Those are the things degenerates choose to do.

The majority of Americans do not see things for what they really are; that is why Obama was re-elected. Democrats started the KKK, and now they have turned the tables, as in not taking responsibility for their foundation, and who they really are. They rely on America's ignorance, and the fear tactic. Don't get me wrong, my family believes the same as you, but hard working, true Americans do not rank anymore in the liberal, progressive, cross burning agenda. That is why we have to be vigilant. :patriot:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Thank you ,just when I think you can't say anything dumber, you prove me wrong, thank you.

Just once I'd like you to defend one of your asinine statements, what you do is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "nah nah, I can't here you"

BigBlue

Just once I'd like you to defend one of your asinine statements, what you do is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "nah nah, I can't here you"

I defend what I say all the time, yet posters such as yourself refuse to acknowledge you are wrong so you attack ,such as call my comments "asinine statements" and then the somd chorus kicks in with name calling and personal attacks so they can't win an argument they will drive it off track.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I defend what I say all the time, yet posters such as yourself refuse to acknowledge you are wrong so you attack ,such as call my comments "asinine statements" and then the somd chorus kicks in with name calling and personal attacks so they can't win an argument they will drive it off track.

Can you provide a link to where you won an argument with facts?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Read your comments in this thread, then tell me why I'm laughing my ass off over here.