Ex-cop guns down wife.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"A former Pennsylvania state trooper gunned down his estranged wife in the middle of a Philipsburg supermarket on Thursday and then turned his weapon on himself, authorities told The Associated Press.

Police said that Mark R. Miscavish, 51, who retired from the force in 2011, used a shotgun to murder his wife Traci A. Miscavish, who filed for divorce just days prior following a report of domestic violence on Jan. 23.

Mark Miscavish was facing a prosecution over the incident, the AP noted. He allegedly became violent when his wife tried to intervene in suspected prescription drug abuse, throwing her to the ground and trying to tie her up with duct tape. He also allegedly pulled out a gun but did not point it at her.

Centere County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller told the AP that Traci Miscavish was terrified of her husband. “She said, ‘The next time I see him is going to be at the end of a gun,’” she told the AP. "

MMDad

Lem Putt
Prescription drug abuse should be illegal. Never would have happened if it was. We should have background checks for all prescription drug abuse. And limits on the amount of pills that bottles can hold. And waiting periods before you can abuse your drugs. And we should ban the prescription drugs that look scarier than the other ones, aven though they contain the same ingredients.

For the children. Why do you hate children? Why do you want them all to die?

itsrequired

But he is/was a cop the gun laws don't/won't apply to them...

I know isn't that great! Truth of the matter is bob, anybody without a criminal record can go into Walmart and pick up a shotgun. No background check necessary. Don't blame the cops for your legislators laws. The cops I know are pro 2nd amendment.

Last edited:

edinsomd

I know isn't that great! Truth of the matter is bob, anybody without a criminal record can go into Walmart and pick up a shotgun. No background check necessary. Don't blame the cops for your legislators laws. The cops I know are pro 2nd amendment.

Wrong.

But hey, she should have gotten a restraining order against him- wouldn't have gone near her then.
/sarc

RPMDAD

Wrong.

But hey, she should have gotten a restraining order against him- wouldn't have gone near her then.
/sarc

edinsomd, thanks for the sarcasm, we all know those restraining orders can stop bullets. NOT. I am agreeing with you.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The point being, all the new gun laws being debate police are exempt, and I've said since day one if the laws are right they should apply to everyone. A cop, apparently is no less apt to go over the deep end and shoot somebody.. of course without armed citizens who is going to stop them?

The weapon he used is irrelevant, the point is a cop can go over the edge and kill people too. NRA membership is inconsequential as all the new laws will apply to their membership.

If you believe in gun control you SHOULD believe It applies to ALL Americans equally.

No more assault rifles for cops.. no magazines with more than 7 rounds.. gun free zones are gun free for them too.. either you are a believer in gun control or you're not.

Midnightrider

For somebody who claims to be a cop you sure get a lot of this "legal" stuff wrong.

S

skilletGirl

The point being, all the new gun laws being debate police are exempt, and I've said since day one if the laws are right they should apply to everyone. A cop, apparently is no less apt to go over the deep end and shoot somebody.. of course without armed citizens who is going to stop them?

The weapon he used is irrelevant, the point is a cop can go over the edge and kill people too. NRA membership is inconsequential as all the new laws will apply to their membership.

If you believe in gun control you SHOULD believe It applies to ALL Americans equally.

No more assault rifles for cops.. no magazines with more than 7 rounds.. gun free zones are gun free for them too.. either you are a believer in gun control or you're not.

So are you saying that you think cops shouldn't have guns in gun free areas? That would be so dangerous because surprisingly not everyone follows the law (shocking I know) so what happens when a random citizen comes in with a gun and starts shooting people? The cops won't have guns to stop them. So pretty much gun free zones would just become a place that criminals could flourish and just shoot away as they please.

itsrequired

I would disagree with this statement. While there are cops who are capable of having breakdowns, I think for the most part, cops endure psychological testing and extensive background checks to ensure as best possible that they are suitable. They also complete regular supervised training in the application of the use of deadly force.

While there are about 900,000 active cops in the U.S, and just as many if not more retired cops, and I am sure you are going to find an example of a cop doing something wrong, I would venture to bet if you put them against most any other civilian job, there are a lot less cops who commit crimes than people in those other positions.

Having said that, I think that any law abiding citizen should be able to carry a firearm in most public places.