What is Ehrlich doing to get us CCW Permits?

Cletus_Vandam

Has there been any movement by the current legisation making it easier for citizens of Maryland carry concealed weapon permits?

A lot of Ehrlich's platform for election was supporting gun ownership and the rights of such.

I was wondering if he has taken time out to look at these issues, or has he been to tied up in the whole slot machine mess.

He's still better than Kennedy. You know that the gun ban that the democraps were pushing woulda passed had she been in office. He's gonna get my vote again.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Until the State Legislature is of a less Democratic makeup what can he do?

ylexot

Super Genius
I think it would be great if he started issuing them the way other states are issuing gay marriage licenses.

Cletus_Vandam

I'll certainly continue to vote for him. His doing nothing on this matter is better than the gun-grabbers trying to take everything away... I'm afraid that those who were marginally in favor of him will no longer be, given his performance in office thus far.

I just wish he could do more lobbying for those of us who want to legally protect ourselves. :banghead:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by ylexot
I think it would be great if he started issuing them the way other states are issuing gay marriage licenses.
I guess he could always create an Executive Order directing the Secretary of State Police to issue permits to citizens that meet the qualifications established under current law.

The one factor of the law that might be a matter of argument is the one that states "has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger" . With Maryland being a state with one of the highest crime rates it seems that "apprehended danger" surrounds us.

B

Bruzilla

I got tired of waiting and moved to Florida. My CCW permit arrived in the mail on Monday. It cost me $40 and a couple of hours sitting in a firearms safety and Florida laws class. I doubt I'll ever find a need to carry a gun on my person as I can just as easily (and legally) keep a loaded handgun in my car, but I just liked the idea of being able to carry one if I want to.