You Will Be Made to Care

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You Will Be Made to Care

The left will allow no fence sitting. You may not believe me. You may think me hyperbolic. But the history of the world shows this. Events ultimately come to a head. They boil to their essence. And at that point you must choose.

That is why so many Christians are fighting. Because we see in Europe and Canada what will happen here. Christianity is a religion of the city square. Christ compels us to “go forth and teach.” It is the Great Commission. We cannot go forth and teach when the left bars us from the town square.

Many people say we should have legal gay marriage, but not have religious gay marriage.

The left will not honor the distinction. Look to Canada. Preachers can be brought up for hate crimes charges merely for discussing passages of the Bible that deal with same sex sexual relations. You may not care that it is a sin, but the world surely does.

Look at Louie Giglio, who could not honor the President at his inauguration because of his orthodox Christian beliefs on this subject.

In short, you may choose not to care and in so doing sit on the sidelines or give aid and comfort to the open minded and tolerant who want gay marriage so everyone can have equal rights.

But the world will one day make you care. Your church, should it open its doors to all, but refuse to perform a same sex wedding, will be accused of discrimination. In some places, the church will be forced to stop performing weddings. Many churches will lose their tax exempt status. The costs of sharing the gospel will go up.

Already Christians are being harassed by fellow American citizens for not wanting to participate in a gay marriage.

The time will come, more quickly than you can imagine, when you will be made to care.

bcp

In My Opinion
I'm not sure I understand what this means.

It means a marriage that is really a civil union. recognized by the state but not by God.
and I agree.
of course, they can act equal right up until death, then there is nothing for them on the other side.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It means a marriage that is really a civil union. recognized by the state but not by God.
and I agree.
of course, they can act equal right up until death, then there is nothing for them on the other side.

Ah. :stupid:

You're not proposing that there should be a law that forbids gay marriages held by a church?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You Will Be Made to Care

You will be made to care. You’ll be made to care about gay marriage. You’ll be made to care about killing kids. You’ll be made to care about the influence of a secular culture on your children as they grow. You’ll be made to care about a host of issues.

A lot of Christians have long thought they could sit on the sidelines. Only the icky evangelicals they don’t much care for and the creepily committed Catholics would have to deal with these issues and the people who hate those deeply committed to their faith. They, on the other hand, could sit on the sidelines, roll their eyes, and tell everyone that they didn’t think it was that big a deal. They were, after all, on birth control or watching whatever trendy HBO series is on or having a cocktail or perfectly willing to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

But it is not so simple. This world hates God and hates the things and people of God. There is no gray in that. Look at John 15:19:

If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

There is no ambiguity in that statement. You may think you can sit on the sidelines. You may think you can opt-out of the culture war. You may think you can hide behind your trendy naked Leena Dunham t-shirt while you sip trendy drinks talking about trendy shows and writing columns demanding Christians be forced by the state to bake cakes, provide flowers and farms, and offer up photographs of gay weddings. But not only will you one day be called to account to your God for how you advanced his kingdom, but on this Earth you will be made to care. That does not mean you have license to be bitter or angry or hateful. You should love others and help others. Just do not expect anything in return.

BOP

Farm owners fined for saying no to lesbian wedding

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/08/19/farm-owners-fined-saying-lesbian-wedding/

Update (8/29): The farm owners have decided to no longer host any wedding ceremonies on their farm, other than the ones already under contract, according to the Alliance Defending Freedom. “Since the order essentially compelled them to do all ceremonies or none at all, they have chosen the latter in order to stay true to their religious convictions, even though it will likely hurt their business in the short run,” ADF states. “They will continue to host wedding receptions.”

NEW YORK (RNS) Christian farm owners in upstate New York who declined a lesbian couple’s request to hold a wedding ceremony on their property have been fined $10,000 and ordered to pay the women $1,500 each.

Cynthia and Robert Gifford, who own Liberty Ridge Farm near Albany, rent their facilities for birthday parties and about a dozen weddings each year.

When Jennifer McCarthy and Melisa Erwin, a same-sex couple from Newark, N.J., requested to use the facility for their 2012 wedding, Cynthia Gifford offered the farm for a reception, but not for the wedding ceremony. Weddings typically are conducted on the first floor of the Giffords’ home or in an adjacent field.

“It literally hits close to home,” said the Giffords’ lawyer, James Trainor. He said the farm owners attend a community church and cite their religious belief of marriage between a man and woman for declining to hold a same-sex wedding on their property.

Administrative Law Judge Migdalia Pares of the Bronx rejected the owners’ argument that the farm, which is also their home, is not a place of public accommodation and is therefore not subject to the anti-discrimination provisions of New York’s Human Rights Law.

Liberal Logic 101

liberal logic 101.jpg

Hijinx

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/08/19/farm-owners-fined-saying-lesbian-wedding/

Update (8/29): The farm owners have decided to no longer host any wedding ceremonies on their farm, other than the ones already under contract, according to the Alliance Defending Freedom. “Since the order essentially compelled them to do all ceremonies or none at all, they have chosen the latter in order to stay true to their religious convictions, even though it will likely hurt their business in the short run,” ADF states. “They will continue to host wedding receptions.”

NEW YORK (RNS) Christian farm owners in upstate New York who declined a lesbian couple’s request to hold a wedding ceremony on their property have been fined $10,000 and ordered to pay the women $1,500 each.

Cynthia and Robert Gifford, who own Liberty Ridge Farm near Albany, rent their facilities for birthday parties and about a dozen weddings each year.

When Jennifer McCarthy and Melisa Erwin, a same-sex couple from Newark, N.J., requested to use the facility for their 2012 wedding, Cynthia Gifford offered the farm for a reception, but not for the wedding ceremony. Weddings typically are conducted on the first floor of the Giffords’ home or in an adjacent field.

“It literally hits close to home,” said the Giffords’ lawyer, James Trainor. He said the farm owners attend a community church and cite their religious belief of marriage between a man and woman for declining to hold a same-sex wedding on their property.

Administrative Law Judge Migdalia Pares of the Bronx rejected the owners’ argument that the farm, which is also their home, is not a place of public accommodation and is therefore not subject to the anti-discrimination provisions of New York’s Human Rights Law.

Liberal Logic 101

View attachment 104408

I find it funny that the horribly aggrieved couple only get $1,500 bucks apiece, but the Government gets $10,000 dollars.

FollowTheMoney

"Too many people are only willing to defend rights that are personally important to them. It is selfish ignorance, and it is
exactly why totalitarian governments are able to get away with trampling on people. Freedom does not mean freedom
just for the things I think I should be able to do. Freedom is for all of us. If people will not speak up for other people's
rights, there will come a day when they will lose their own." -- Tony Lawrence (apl@world.std.com) 12/28/95

mamatutu

mama to two
"Too many people are only willing to defend rights that are personally important to them. It is selfish ignorance, and it is
exactly why totalitarian governments are able to get away with trampling on people. Freedom does not mean freedom
just for the things I think I should be able to do. Freedom is for all of us. If people will not speak up for other people's
rights, there will come a day when they will lose their own." -- Tony Lawrence (apl@world.std.com) 12/28/95

Very insightful. Politicians have selfish ignorance (there are a handful that don't). Americans do speak up, but they face voter fraud, platform lies, and manipulation by a government with an agenda. The barricade is high. I always relate that to barring veterans from the memorials, but allowing illegals to protest at the WH. Our Founding Fathers and brave revolutionaries have been spinning in their graves so much in the last years, that they threw up, and passed out. I am glad they are not here to see the disintegration of all they stood and fought for. Sad state of affairs.

Amused_despair

i think that if people want the laws of their country to be based on religious concpets then they should move to a country that has already embraced that theory: such as Iran. There is no dofference between saying marriage should be as stated in the Bible and food prepration should be as stated in the Koran. You want to get rid of gay marriage? Get rid of marriage, or at least government involvment in it. Government should have no say in a religious ceremony such as marriage. You want to "hitch up" but don't want to be in a church, you enter into a legalally binding contract together. You can call yourself married, incorporated, or whatever you want. You want to call yourself married? Go to a church.

Hijinx

i think that if people want the laws of their country to be based on religious concpets then they should move to a country that has already embraced that theory: such as Iran. There is no dofference between saying marriage should be as stated in the Bible and food prepration should be as stated in the Koran. You want to get rid of gay marriage? Get rid of marriage, or at least government involvment in it. Government should have no say in a religious ceremony such as marriage. You want to "hitch up" but don't want to be in a church, you enter into a legalally binding contract together. You can call yourself married, incorporated, or whatever you want. You want to call yourself married? Go to a church.

There is no such country as one where the laws are not based on religious concepts.

The Ten Commandments are the basis for many laws. Whether we admit it or not.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sin, Homosexuality, and Fascism
You Will Be Made To Care Chronicles: Sin and Homosexuality Edition

Back in 1987, two homosexual activists, Marshall K. Kirk and Erastes Pill, wrote an essay called “The Overhauling of Straight America” which eventually appeared in book-length form modestly titled “After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the ’90s.” It opens this way:

The first order of business is desensitization of the American public concerning gays and gay rights. To desensitize the public is to help it view homosexuality with indifference instead of with keen emotion. Ideally, we would have straights register differences in sexual preference the way they register different tastes for ice cream or sports games: she likes strawberry and I like vanilla; he follows baseball and I follow football. No big deal.

At least in the beginning, we are seeking public desensitization and nothing more. We do not need and cannot expect a full “appreciation” or “understanding” of homosexuality from the average American. You can forget about trying to persuade the masses that homosexuality is a good thing. But if only you can get them to think that it is just another thing, with a shrug of their shoulders, then your battle for legal and social rights is virtually won. And to get to shoulder-shrug stage, gays as a class must cease to appear mysterious, alien, loathsome and contrary. A large-scale media campaign will be required in order to change the image of gays in America.

When one looks at the bullying behavior of various homosexuals and their support groups, the strategy is to silence and intimidate anyone who dares to stand up to the notion that homosexual behavior. If you thought this was limited to small businessmen you are mistaken. What this essay does is foreshadow a direct assault upon religious liberty if that liberty happens to conflict to the idea that homosexuality is, to borrow the Kirk/Pill analogy, chocolate flavored ice cream.

“The current policy creates a sense of fear for LGBTQ students and is psychologically harmful to those in the community,” wrote Mandie Wilson, a 2012 graduate who majored in sociology. “Campus should be a safe place for all students.”

Mind you, the college is a Christian college and bans homosexual sex acts. It doesn’t ban homosexuals or limit their ability to declare themselves as such. In fact, the College’s Behavioral Standards states:

Those words and actions which are expressly forbidden in Scripture, including but not limited to blasphemy, profanity, dishonesty, theft, drunkenness, sexual relations outside marriage, and homosexual practice, will not be tolerated in the lives of Gordon community members, either on or off campus.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
GURPS, your obsession with homosexuality makes me wonder about you. You're bi-curious, aren't you?