Gate to Hell Found

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Archaeologists uncover ancient 'gate to hell' in Turkey
Excerpt:

An ancient cave known as the 'gate to hell' in Greco-Roman mythology has reportedly been discovered in southwestern Turkey.

The ruins of the "gate to hell," an ancient cave to the underworld in Greco-Roman mythology, have been discovered in Turkey, Italian archaeologists have announced.

The cave, also known as Pluto's Gate, was uncovered in the ancient Phrygian city of Hierapolis, now known as the city of Pamukkale, in southwestern Turkey.

-----

I think this is cool but weird.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
“I threw in sparrows and they immediately breathed their last and fell,” he added.

Poor sparrows. :bawl:

bcp

In My Opinion
April fools

everyone knows the gate to hell is on I-95 as you cross into maryland

Attachments

• 100306kc_392_fs.jpg
    100306kc_392_fs.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 136

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
April fools

everyone knows the gate to hell is on I-95 as you cross into maryland

:lol:

No, it's not an April Fool's joke. The archeaologists actually announced their finding in March - got verification and now it's being released to the press. I do think it's kind of an odd and unique thing to have been lost and found.

:lol:

No, it's not an April Fool's joke. The archeaologists actually announced their finding in March - got verification and now it's being released to the press. I do think it's kind of an odd and unique thing to have been lost and found.

Really. I can just see one priest asking the other, "Now where the hell did hell go?". :lol:

ylexot

Super Genius
Archaeologists uncover ancient 'gate to hell' in Turkey
Excerpt:

An ancient cave known as the 'gate to hell' in Greco-Roman mythology has reportedly been discovered in southwestern Turkey.

The ruins of the "gate to hell," an ancient cave to the underworld in Greco-Roman mythology, have been discovered in Turkey, Italian archaeologists have announced.

The cave, also known as Pluto's Gate, was uncovered in the ancient Phrygian city of Hierapolis, now known as the city of Pamukkale, in southwestern Turkey.

-----

I think this is cool but weird.

I saw that article and was going to post it for you. I guess you found it on your own. :yay: