Child neglect?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
CHILD NEGLECT CASE #13-17707: Charges are pending against two Lusby women who left a nine-year-old boy and a two-year-old girl inside a locked vehicle while they shopped at the Prince Frederick Safeway on March 25 at 3:30 p.m. A concerned citizen called police and reporting seeing the two children alone inside the vehicle. Dep. W. Beisel is handling the case.

SERIOUSLY? A nine year old and a two year old..the weather wasn't hot.. That is crazy. They should have taken the "concerned citizen" down the the station to question them on why they can't mind their own fuc*ing business.

PsyOps

Pixelated
CHILD NEGLECT CASE #13-17707: Charges are pending against two Lusby women who left a nine-year-old boy and a two-year-old girl inside a locked vehicle while they shopped at the Prince Frederick Safeway on March 25 at 3:30 p.m. A concerned citizen called police and reporting seeing the two children alone inside the vehicle. Dep. W. Beisel is handling the case.

SERIOUSLY? A nine year old and a two year old..the weather wasn't hot.. That is crazy. They should have taken the "concerned citizen" down the the station to question them on why they can't mind their own fuc*ing business.

Errr... Are you being sarcastic?

So you'd leave your 9 and 2 year old in the car while you went shopping; regardless of the weather?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Are you serious? You can't be.

Kudos to the concerned citizen! You don't leave a 9 and a 2 year old locked in a car in a parking lot.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Kudos to the concerned citizen! You don't leave a 9 and a 2 year old locked in a car in a parking lot.

Yeah, I think I feel the same. I wouldn't let my daughter stay in the vehicle alone at 9. But, some kids are mature at that age and are probably okay alone.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Yeah, I think I feel the same. I wouldn't let my daughter stay in the vehicle alone at 9. But, some kids are mature at that age and are probably okay alone.
A mature 9 year old maybe left at home while mom runs out to store for a gallon of milk, ok.

A 9 year old supervising a 2 year old under any circumstances....... no way.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I don't have a problem with a 9 YO if they are mature enough to handle it. The 2 YO is a problem though. If your kids are too inconvenient to care for properly, stop breeding.

JeJeTe

Happiness
A mature 9 year old maybe left at home while mom runs out to store for a gallon of milk, ok.

A 9 year old supervising a 2 year old under any circumstances....... no way.

I don't think I'd leave a 9 year old home alone. I'd leave a 9 year old in the car while I ran into Burchmart for milk or something.

I wouldn't leave a 9 year old supervising a 2 year old while I went full fledged grocery shopping.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Um.. my Mom left me alone in the car all the time and I turned out just fine..ish. Who else would drive her home after last call?

SERIOUSLY? Why is weather the issue? I mean, I know what could happen if it were too hot (or too cold) but what if they unlocked the doors and got out and were hit by a car? What if they were kidnapped? What if a "concerned citizen" is more worried for the childrens safety than the parent is and calls the police to report them being left unattended in a car?

So many "what if's"...

sockgirl77

SERIOUSLY? Why is weather the issue? I mean, I know what could happen if it were too hot (or too cold) but what if they unlocked the doors and got out and were hit by a car? What if they were kidnapped? What if a "concerned citizen" is more worried for the childrens safety than the parent is and calls the police to report them being left unattended in a car?

So many "what if's"...

Exactly. I've actually made a few phone calls when I've seen small children left unattended in cars outside stores. I've even seen a child (about 6ish) left in a car alone with it running. I called the police and stood there until they got there. I was there for 10 minutes. I have no idea the total time that the child was there alone, but the parent should be damn thankful that nobody stole the car with the child in it.

exactly. I've actually made a few phone calls when i've seen small children left unattended in cars outside stores. I've even seen a child (about 6ish) left in a car alone with it running. I called the police and stood there until they got there. I was there for 10 minutes. I have no idea the total time that the child was there alone, but the parent should be damn thankful that nobody stole the car with the child in it.

ufb

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Yup, gotta love concerned citizens- I had half of St Mary's Sheriff’s Dept. responding to my house Friday evening for teens with guns. The kids were over for a birthday party and playing Airsoft on my property with all safety gear on and orange tipped guns. After the initial "put the guns down" command scaring them and the "all clear" given it was pretty comical. The 14yr old is now a legend at school for the police crashing his party.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
SERIOUSLY? Why is weather the issue? I mean, I know what could happen if it were too hot (or too cold)

I thought they sweat out their tongues. :shrug: What the hell am I talking about. That's fish...nebermind.