How much money have you spent on your pet?

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
My beagle was a vet's dream. They could of added a new wing to the building in his honor with the amount of money he cost me. I wouldn't of traded him for the world though!

DQ2B

Bahh! I don't even want to think about it. We have nine, 3 of them horses. Just last week I spent $441 on routine vaccines/tests/yearly stuff for the horses, farrier $165 every 6 weeks, $2000 or more yearly hay, $800 grain...

This is just the tip of the iceburg and then there's two cats, a dog, a rabbit and a ferret.:otter:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Food is my biggest doggie expense. I don't take them to the vet annually, but I do stay up on their rabies vaccines. If one gets sick for more than a day or two I've taken them for check ups and meds. Other than that, I see no reason to vaccinate them for everything under the sun.

SugarNSpikes

The dogs aren't too bad, our main expense is their food every few weeks.

The horse is the killer ...We'll ignore the $5,000 price tag, and more money than I can count on tack/equipment/brushes and other misc accessories. 350$ in board every month (grain and hay included, although I paid for my own food for a while), supplements are probably 70$ every month or so, farrier is 95$ every six weeks and then there's those damn vet visits.
We have 2x yearly shots and emergencies. When he got kicked in the face, it was over 700$.

I wouldn't trade him for anything though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apollo is cheap to feed even though he gets good chow from Pepper's. His vet bills aren't all that, and he doesn't destroy his toys (he keeps chewing a hole in Lambie, but I can sew that up). He costs me an extra $25 every time we stay at a hotel - that's probably the biggest annual expense so far (right around $400/yr).

homedepot20

My beagle was a vet's dream. They could of added a new wing to the building in his honor with the amount of money he cost me. I wouldn't of traded him for the world though!

Same here with my Yorkie's (3) . One Vet drives A Corvette must likely paid from me !:cds:

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
Same here with my Yorkie's (3) . One Vet drives A Corvette must likely paid from me !:cds:

i think every year when it comes time for shots and getting heartworm meds all in the same visit i think i pay for one of my vets plane tickets for them to go on vacation. I think one year I also paid part of the money for them to do some upgrades in the back area of the vets office. Luckily i haven't been to the vet since the dog was attacked but she is about to go for her yearly shots on the 20th of this month and then again i will pay enough for one of them to take a trip somewhere overseas if they please. I think i also paid enough now that my favorite vet doesn't work weekends anymore as she used to work every other weekend but when i called to schedule the dog for shots i was told she no longer works on saturdays.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Food is my biggest doggie expense. I don't take them to the vet annually, but I do stay up on their rabies vaccines. If one gets sick for more than a day or two I've taken them for check ups and meds. Other than that, I see no reason to vaccinate them for everything under the sun.

good girl on not doing vaccines every year.....

Dog food is the biggest thing i will splurg on .... think my doggie food bill a month is between 150-200 bucks....

I keep up on Rabies and HEARTWORM meds.... both are very important around here... after they turn 2yrs I get a three year distemper shot... (not all vets have/do the three year shot)

I only buy grain free treats.... and as far as toys... well dont buy many anymore that can be killed... so we are stuck with kongs, chuckits, and wubbas....

health... well have a few that have health issues.. but seeing that i have an awesome vet by my side.. and almost 20yrs as a vet tech in both regular and ER hospitals... it does help with some things.
many time i just slide by the vet and chat with him... tell him whats up... and we talk about what to do... many time i get meds on the fly or he calls them in.... and if its something i cant handle (like when we had to pull most of my dogs nails.... ) i swing by and he hooks me up.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I actually thought this was :bs: so I figured it out for myself.

I got the total of $10,800 for two dogs for the course of their lives...but that's probably on the low side and not accounting for all the goodies and outfits and other crap I randomly pick up or make. I can see $18,000 for two dogs for 13 years.

So if I round up to the $18K, one dog would still only be $9K. Perhaps this is an average means factoring in pet owners like DQ2B.

lovemybulldog

Not to mention depending on the breed. Some are def more costly than others. My english bulldog has cost us a pretty penny every now and then, nothing like horror stories I have heard from other bulldog owners but she's worth every penny!!!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I actually thought this was :bs: so I figured it out for myself.

I got the total of $10,800 for two dogs for the course of their lives...but that's probably on the low side and not accounting for all the goodies and outfits and other crap I randomly pick up or make. I can see $18,000 for two dogs for 13 years.

So if I round up to the $18K, one dog would still only be $9K. Perhaps this is an average means factoring in pet owners like DQ2B.

I think about the things i could have ... and places i could go if i didnt have the dogs.... but the empty heart would be the worst...

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Not to mention depending on the breed. Some are def more costly than others. My english bulldog has cost us a pretty penny every now and then, nothing like horror stories I have heard from other bulldog owners but she's worth every penny!!!

and that is sooooo true!!!!!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
:faint:..... OMFG......

per year on my pets.... guesstimating...... im between 3500-4000 for all....

:faint:.... if not more if i factor training, gas, certifications and all the other expenses....