Charles Lollar statement on MD gun laws

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I know there are a lot of Charles Lollar fans here.

Today is a sad day for Maryland citizens and our freedom. SB281 which not only infringes upon your right to keep and bear arms (one of our inalienable rights noted by the US constitution and granted by our Creator) but the way Maryland Government is set up, because there is an appropriation attached to the bill, you the voter can't even send it to referendum for you to have a voice.

This is detrimental to our free society. A government has stepped into our lives and taken away a basic right (not a privilege but a RIGHT).

This is not the end of governments overbearing and burdensome lean on "we the people." They are making every attempt to shut us down as citizens and take it from me - someone who has led in combat- if they can take our guns, they can take anything they choose to.

We have to stop electing these people into office. 2014 is going to be a crucial election season for the state of Maryland. Please please please get involved in the process. Your writing, your calling, your money, IT ALL MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

Please visit my website at New Day Maryland and make a donation

You can also support Karen Winterling's and her team's efforts at Charles Lollar for Governor by volunteering and/or donating.

THIS IS CRUCIAL TO OUR CITIZENSHIP as Americans and as Marylanders.

While I'm saddened by last night and today's decision. By the State house and senate, I'm motivated by the unity I sense all around the state to fight this anti-American agenda that is being forced on us by the current Maryland Administration. Your donations and your volunteering can and will assist us in seeing a New and brighter Day in Maryland.

protectmd

You can bet that the coming elections are going to result in great shakeups across the US. Not only are people fed up with the downspiral of America, but the lastest assault on peoples 2A rights is simply the last straw. Those who thought they could "test the waters" by voting for gun control in their state will find out it will have cost them their jobs come election time.

perfectorec

You can bet that the coming elections are going to result in great shakeups across the US. Not only are people fed up with the downspiral of America, but the lastest assault on peoples 2A rights is simply the last straw. Those who thought they could "test the waters" by voting for gun control in their state will find out it will have cost them their jobs come election time.

You're delusional if you think Maryland or any other democrat controlled state will all of a sudden turn red because of this issue. Maryland, Connecticut, and New York are all states that have or are currently passing the staunchest gun laws and I assure you they will stay blue. I know this may come as a shock to you but there are other issues aside from your right to have a weapon that people care about. I wonder why if everyone hates the stranglehold democrats have on the state they continue to live here?

BigBlue

Funniest post of the day.

PsyOps

Pixelated

You're delusional if you think Maryland or any other democrat controlled state will all of a sudden turn red because of this issue. Maryland, Connecticut, and New York are all states that have or are currently passing the staunchest gun laws and I assure you they will stay blue. I know this may come as a shock to you but there are other issues aside from your right to have a weapon that people care about. I wonder why if everyone hates the stranglehold democrats have on the state they continue to live here?

BigBlue is indicative of why states like MD will never change. Big government people that truly believe we THE PEOPLE are too stupid manage our lives without government. The bigger the better. The more intrusive the better. BigBlue is perfectly fine with giving up their rights to the government, as long as they feel the government will take care of them.

And when these new laws fail to fix any problems, people like BigBlue will, once again, turn to the government to implement more liberty-intrusive laws.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

This isn't a red state/blue state issue. MOST Americans, MOST Marylanders, support the Second Amendment. Most Marylanders also do not yet understand how vulgar and invasive this piece of #### is.

Arguing over taxes and who marries who are red/blue issues. Taking away basic rights is NOT a red/blue issue. This isn't rich guys wanting to pay less taxes or black folks wanting preferences because of skin color. This affects us ALL.

This affects us all.

abcxyz

So true Larry, however We The People are too stupid to know it until after the fact. We are from the government, we are here to help you..

PsyOps

Pixelated
This isn't a red state/blue state issue. MOST Americans, MOST Marylanders, support the Second Amendment. Most Marylanders also do not yet understand how vulgar and invasive this piece of #### is.

Arguing over taxes and who marries who are red/blue issues. Taking away basic rights is NOT a red/blue issue. This isn't rich guys wanting to pay less taxes or black folks wanting preferences because of skin color. This affects us ALL.

This affects us all.

In the Senate not one single republican voted for it; 7 democrats voted against it. In the house not one single republican voted for it; 18 democrats voted against it. You wont find any so-called ‘red states’ proposing such legislation. The issue is certainly divided along ideological lines.

I consider this to be a pivotal issue, so we'll see in the next election whether Marylanders get it or not.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Um yeah there are. A bunch of them had him to a gathering to speak. Once again you are clueless.

And if BigBlue wasn't such a racist and actually attended that gathering, she might actually learn that Lollar is all about MD and our liberties. He is tireless in his efforts and if money was his goal he'd continue to run and manage businesses; where the REAL money is.

itsrequired

No there aren't he is just looking for money.

As much as you may not like him, it would be stupid to say there aren't a lot of his fans here. His numbers rocked in the election against Steny. I have personally attended a number of his events, and I don't usually attend political events. He is an intelligent man who has like minded values of what I believe to be the majority of people in Southern Maryland.

Unfortunately, we know that Southern Maryland doesn't share the same moral and political beliefs of the majorities on Baltimore City and Prince Georges County.

abcxyz

What I like about Lollar is I can put a bumper sticker on my car for a Repub and not be deemed a racist. LIV's have no where to go with him.

bcp

In My Opinion
Lollar is a good man, but he did turn me off with a comment of his on the illegals.