Awesome fireworks last night

xobxdoc

That is until the field caught on fire. It was put on by MAFF off of Budd's Creek Rd. They do a show in the spring and fall in this area every year. Last night it was 6 different groups from all over the east coast trying to out-do each other. There were little fires after each performance but after the fifth show, the fire dept. had to step in.

xobxdoc

I heard about it from a friend at work 2 years ago. He is a volunteer with MAFF. Once you see a show like this it makes the Solomon's Island 4th of July show seem pathetic. These shows are synchronized to music. They start letting cars in about 2 1/2 hours before the show. You view right from your car and most people bring grills and tailgate. It has grown into a pretty big party over the years.

Last edited:

xobxdoc

It's usually a date in April and November every year. Just check the MAFF website periodically. Make it a point to go in November. It's basically 2 hours of finale fireworks where you are close enough to feel the concussion of the explosions.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Did they not advertise?

If not, that was just beyond silly.

I try and keep up with community events and have never heard of it in the last 4 years. Had I known about it, I would have attended last night. :ohwell:

It makes sense to me that they wouldn't advertise. If the crowd gets to be too large then I'm 100% positive they'd end up being forced to put money into traffic control and security which would eventually shut these events down just as it has shut down the yearly fireworks at the St. Mary's fairgrounds and also other community events different organizations have wanted to have... did you know that when the local antique tractor association started their annual tractor parade a couple years ago as soon as the local govt saw how popular it would become they immediately required the antique tractor association to start fronting money for port-a-potties, traffic control, etc. for each parade from that point forward.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It makes sense to me that they wouldn't advertise. If the crowd gets to be too large then I'm 100% positive they'd end up being forced to put money into traffic control and security which would eventually shut these events down just as it has shut down the yearly fireworks at the St. Mary's fairgrounds and also other community events different organizations have wanted to have... did you know that when the local antique tractor association started their annual tractor parade a couple years ago as soon as the local govt saw how popular it would become they immediately required the antique tractor association to start fronting money for port-a-potties, traffic control, etc. for each parade from that point forward.

That thought did cross my mind. I am now on their mailing list for future events. :shrug:

xobxdoc

They do not advertise. They use these shows as practice for their shows that they put on all over the country. They try out new stuff and it doesn't always go as planned but is it a very intense show. They have a different location every show. Last night was on a farm off Allen Fresh Rd. Last fall it was off Grosstown road.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Im_Me and I were supposed to go but she came down with the crud. I don't know how she saw it, but it was on FB and she invited me.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I saw the fields yellow taped off while fishing in Allens Fresh. I slept thru the entire thing...:lol:

xobxdoc

On a side note, when we arrived we were parked next to a small pickup truck. As soon as they turned off their engine, the couple inside immediately started some serious making out. I'm guessing they were mid-50s. She can only be described as a Tammy Faye look-a-like. He, just a tall overweight redneck.

There are a lot of people around by now with kids running around. There was loud music playing and Tammy Faye got out and started dancing and the only thing missing was the pole. This was too much for Cleatus, so they got back in the truck and covered the windows with blankets.

He eventually exited the vehicle and still had his "O" face on. Then they were both sitting outside the truck in their chairs completely underneath a blanket. I'm guessing that wasn't his wife.

CRHS89

That would explain what I kept hearing last night. I knew it wasn't thunder and it didn't sound like bombing from Dalgren.

I heard about it from a friend at work 2 years ago. He is a volunteer with MAFF. Once you see a show like this it makes the Solomon's Island 4th of July show seem pathetic. These shows are synchronized to music. They start letting cars in about 2 1/2 hours before the show. You view right from your car and most people bring grills and tailgate. It has grown into a pretty big party over the years.
We were going to go. Wanted to bring a propane grill and tailgate, but their facebook page said no fires of any kind, including grills. Maybe in the fall.