Laser Eye Surgey

sexy_pants

what does he charge, may I ask?

The total was $3800 and $1500 had to be put down on your last visit before the surgery. The rest you can finance through them at 0% interest for 12 months. I asked him about a referral bc my mom was also interested in the surgery. He told me that he typically doesn't do any price deduction for referrals but if my mom decided to go through with the procedure, he would then take $1k off of both of our totals!! Things worked out for me and my mom and we got the discount. It's amazing and i wouldn't change anything about the process!!
I did look into a place in Annapolis and they did take my insurance but they were still more than $500 higher than Dr. Whitten.

SoMDGirl42

The total was $3800 and $1500 had to be put down on your last visit before the surgery. The rest you can finance through them at 0% interest for 12 months. I asked him about a referral bc my mom was also interested in the surgery. He told me that he typically doesn't do any price deduction for referrals but if my mom decided to go through with the procedure, he would then take $1k off of both of our totals!! Things worked out for me and my mom and we got the discount. It's amazing and i wouldn't change anything about the process!!
I did look into a place in Annapolis and they did take my insurance but they were still more than $500 higher than Dr. Whitten.

So yours was $2800 total or 3300 total with your discount. I was confused what your discount was, 1000 or 1000 a piece for you and mom.

So with my math, correct me if I'm wrong, without a discount it's:

3800 total
1500 down
2300 total after downpayment
191.67/month for 12 months.

sexy_pants

So yours was $2800 total or 3300 total with your discount. I was confused what your discount was, 1000 or 1000 a piece for you and mom.

So with my math, correct me if I'm wrong, without a discount it's:

3800 total
1500 down
2300 total after downpayment
191.67/month for 12 months.

Mine was $2800 after referral. It was $1k off of each of us!
I will be paying a little over $100 a month for a year.

If you didn't have a referral, then yes, your math would be correct and NO MORE GLASSES/CONTACTS EVER :drummer:

MMDad

Lem Putt
NO MORE GLASSES/CONTACTS EVER :drummer:

Not "ever." LASIK doesn't prevent you from aging. I was 20/800 before LASIK in 2000, then was 20/15 for about 8 years. Now that I'm older I need reading glasses, and my vision is 20/30. Still great, and better than I had ever hoped for, but I still do use glasses just to sharpen things up when driving or watching a movie.

I went from needing glasses just to see the alarm clock or go to the bathroom to now only needing them to read or drive. I am no longer completely blind without glasses. The freedom is awesome!

ylexot

Super Genius
Looked in to PRK? Friend had it and loves it.

They had to do PRK for me because my corneas were too thin for LASIK. PRK takes days until you can see clearly and several more weeks to completely heal. And in the meantime, your eyes are uncomfortable to painful. You have to put all kinds of drops in your eyes and put eye patches on at night so you don't mess with your eyes in your sleep. LASIK takes...hours? for recovery. PRK is also more expensive. It was about double the price compared to LASIK when I had it done.

I seriously would not go with PRK unless you have to.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Not "ever." LASIK doesn't prevent you from aging. I was 20/800 before LASIK in 2000, then was 20/15 for about 8 years. Now that I'm older I need reading glasses, and my vision is 20/30. Still great, and better than I had ever hoped for, but I still do use glasses just to sharpen things up when driving or watching a movie.

I went from needing glasses just to see the alarm clock or go to the bathroom to now only needing them to read or drive. I am no longer completely blind without glasses. The freedom is awesome!
:yeahthat: Dr. Goel told me up front that I'd eventually need readers. Lasik in 2001, started to need light readers in 2008. Long distance vision still amazing.