Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Solomons Bridge Jumper

Jumper was wearing khaki pants and a blue dress shirt if I heard the scanner correctly. Someone from base? Hope it wasn't a co-worker. Victim of sequestration?

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

I feel like I'm virtual rubbernecking.

Marie, there's not a lot to see on the bridge cam. Just the emergency vehicles and cop car lights at the top of the bridge.
    I know. The first thing I thought about was pulling up he cam, and the I thought "what the hell for" :)

Thanks.

I pulled it up on the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    This link supposedly works on mobile devices per Southern Maryland News Net:

CHARTWeb Live Traffic Cameras

Yep, that one works

Unhappy I have to speak up...

I rarely bother commenting on ignorant posts, but I have to say that I am utterly disgusted by some of the comments in this thread. Instead of cracking jokes and/or complaining about the traffic that's occurred as a result of this person's desperation, why not try practicing some compassion?

No matter what your views are on suicide and whether or not it's "selfish," that poor victim clearly felt there was no other way out and was in a place much darker than many of us have probably ever felt. Not only was the victim clearly in pain, but now his family and friends are going to hear the news and their lives will be changed forever as well.

I have grown up in SoMD and typically enjoy living and working here, but I have to say that I have never been more embarrassed or ashamed of where I'm from than I was while reading some of the posts in this thread.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victim's friends and family and with all of those who felt the need to make cruel comments regarding this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by MR47930 View Post
    Jumper was wearing khaki pants and a blue dress shirt if I heard the scanner correctly. Someone from base? Hope it wasn't a co-worker. Victim of sequestration?

Ugh

Somebody is going to get a terrible phone call or "visit"

I wonder how many people saw it

You don't understand people. Most everyone here on this forum are good people.
    I know where the beef is.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherhm View Post
    I rarely bother commenting on ignorant posts, but I have to say that I am utterly disgusted by some of the comments in this thread. Instead of cracking jokes and/or complaining about the traffic that's occurred as a result of this person's desperation, why not try practicing some compassion?

No matter what your views are on suicide and whether or not it's "selfish," that poor victim clearly felt there was no other way out and was in a place much darker than many of us have probably ever felt. Not only was the victim clearly in pain, but now his family and friends are going to hear the news and their lives will be changed forever as well.

I have grown up in SoMD and typically enjoy living and working here, but I have to say that I have never been more embarrassed or ashamed of where I'm from than I was while reading some of the posts in this thread.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victim's friends and family and with all of those who felt the need to make cruel comments regarding this tragedy.
    I feel compassion for everyone who had to wait in traffic.
    All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day - Mr. J

Water is flowing to the south per Coast Guard. A lot of sirens can be heard sitting in my living room with windows open. I for one will go to sleep tonight knowing the sinus headache I've had for 3 days could be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MR47930 View Post
    Jumper was wearing khaki pants and a blue dress shirt if I heard the scanner correctly.
    That should narrow it down

Quote Originally Posted by teacherhm View Post
    that poor victim clearly felt there was no other way out.
    ... and that's why it's hard to feel compassion for someone who needs a massive audience to demonstrate their desperation
    The stuff cheerleaders do on hardwood, it absolutely blows my mind - Joe Biden
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    -Illegals who are already here can stay, provided they haven't committed any crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by aps45819 View Post
    That should narrow it down

... and that's why it's hard to feel compassion for someone who needs a massive audience to demonstrate their desperation
    No need to be an ass..just relaying what was said on the scanner.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.