Pet Value In Leonardtown

NRIT

Just wanted to say for those of you close to Leonardtown Please please please support this store! the employees are super awesome, and they carry so many different types of holistic grain free food for both cats and dogs, super clean store.

They also carry raw diet food for dogs. MMmmmmm... (Our dogs love it.. )

Prices are always very reasonable and it is always well stocked. They are in Leonardtown right next to the mckays and papa johns.

Open til 9pm most nights : )

frequentflier

happy to be living
Just wanted to say for those of you close to Leonardtown Please please please support this store! the employees are super awesome, and they carry so many different types of holistic grain free food for both cats and dogs, super clean store.

Prices are always very reasonable and it is always well stocked. They are in Leonardtown right next to the mckays and papa johns.

Yeah, please support this Canadian owned chain store that is famous for putting small businesses like mine out of business. :sarcasm:

NRIT

Yeah, please support this Canadian owned chain store that is famous for putting small businesses like mine out of business. :sarcasm:

..... How is it putting you out of business if I never went to your štore in the first place?. I am grateful that there is a store closer to me than having to drive almost an hour in either direction, let alone in base
Traffic. I am sincerely sorry if it puts a strain on your business but if you are in callaway wouldn't petco be more of a threat?. And they have been there for years.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Oops FF - def DON"T want that to happen. You R in Callaway right?

And Solomons; where we moved to a 4000 sq ft store and added a self serve dogwash a year and a half ago.
Note: Pet Val U's new store has a SSDW.
In fact, I had the opportunity to expand the Callaway store and add a SSDW but decided against it after I found out about their new store (I knew about it long before most people did)

I DO have a lot of loyal customers and people that have been shopping with us for 6+ years. I help rescue groups in more ways than most people see. I know most of my customers by name and am never too busy to greet and chat with any of them (Many forumites will verify that!!)

Both my stores are still running strong and in addition to recently adding small pet supplies, tomorrow I am dedicating a large section of the Solomons store to wild bird supplies. I have a gentleman that is considered an expert in the field helping me.

PetValU will can have the people that have tried to get over on me, the chronic whiners and returners and those that want to support a Canadian based chain store that sets up shop in areas such as this; where they hurt small American Mom and Pop shops like mine.

I founded PPP in 2002 and won't go down without a fight! And I still have a lot of fight left in me!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
frequentflier, I walked in your Callaway store once, and I've never been back. The clerk that I asked for assistance practically looked down her nose at me, and was pretty much incredulous that I would ask for anything that wasn't for a dog or cat.

So, maybe you're putting yourself out of business.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Do they sell SPAM?

NRIT

And Solomons; where we moved to a 4000 sq ft store and added a self serve dogwash a year and a half ago.
In fact, I had the opportunity to expand the Callaway store and add a SSDW but decided against it after I found out about their new store (I knew about it long before most people did)

I DO have a lot of loyal customers and people that have been shopping with us for 6+ years. I help rescue groups in more ways than most people see. I know most of my customers by name and am never too busy to greet and chat with any of them (Many forumites will verify that!!)

Both my stores are still running strong and in addition to recently adding small pet supplies, tomorrow I am dedicating a large section of the Solomons store to wild bird supplies. I have a gentleman that is considered an expert in the field helping me.

PetValU will can have the people that have tried to get over on me, the chronic whiners and returners and those that want to support a Canadian based chain store that sets up shop in areas such as this; where they hurt small American Mom and Pop shops like mine.

I founded PPP in 2002 and won't go down without a fight! And I still have a lot of fight left in me!

Im sorry, i never even knew there was a pet store down south besides petco... Maybe some advertising?. My goal was and is not to put american business out of business. Obama does enough of that. All i knew was that pet valu carried the brand of food that most stores do not and that they had exceptional customer service EVERY time i've been there. I wish you lick with your business but i do not see the need to rant an rave against a customer that finds a store they like simply because it is not yours....

frequentflier

happy to be living
frequentflier, I walked in your Callaway store once, and I've never been back. The clerk that I asked for assistance practically looked down her nose at me, and was pretty much incredulous that I would ask for anything that wasn't for a dog or cat.

mAlice,
I recall a time you brought your daughter to my Solomons store and I tried very hard to talk to you (since I was aware of who you were). I was very nice to you and you were incredibly rude and condescending to me. The attitude you walked into my store with was not caused by me or my staff.

As far as how you were treated at Callaway, I do apologize. It would have been helpful if you had contacted me so that I could have addressed it with the employee. I don't know how long ago it was or who was working. I cannot control my employees every move. But I do get approx. 20 compliments for every one complaint.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

I don't want to bash someone's business, but sometimes letting the store manager/owner know how your experience was is good and helps business. I never really felt "comfortable" when I bought something at Pepper's (Solomons) and eventually stopped going.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I don't want to bash someone's business, but sometimes letting the store manager/owner know how your experience was is good and helps business. I never really felt "comfortable" when I bought something at Pepper's (Solomons) and eventually stopped going.

I've pretty much reached the point where I feel it's not my problem if a store is substandard. I'll just take my business elsewhere.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mAlice,
I recall a time you brought your daughter to my Solomons store and I tried very hard to talk to you (since I was aware of who you were). I was very nice to you and you were incredibly rude and condescending to me. The attitude you walked into my store with was not caused by me or my staff.

I think most people who know me, know that I'm not rude without a reason. I'm pretty sure most of the people on this forum who know me will back that up.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You only get one chance to make a first impression. Should be the motto of any business, and should be reiterated to employees daily.

sockgirl77

Im sorry, i never even knew there was a pet store down south besides petco... Maybe some advertising?. My goal was and is not to put american business out of business. Obama does enough of that. All i knew was that pet valu carried the brand of food that most stores do not and that they had exceptional customer service EVERY time i've been there. I wish you lick with your business but i do not see the need to rant an rave against a customer that finds a store they like simply because it is not yours....

She does advertise, in here. She PAYS for it too. You haven't seen the ads? If not, you should look. If you lick the store in Leonardtown so much you should ask them to pay for advertising.

With that smartass comment being said, I've never been to Pepper's to purchase anything. I'm not a dog owner. BUT, FF has donated to multiple charities in the area. I did go to the Solomons store to pick up a donation and her staff was more than eager to help out with the cause.

spinner

No offence, FF, really, but it's REALLY unprofessional to talk about your competitors and customers in a negative way, specially in a public forum. If I was reading this and never been to your store I'd be thinking you are kind of whiney and afraid of competition, and I'd be hesitant to visit your business. I mean this in the nicest possible way, think about what you are writing and how it makes you and your business look.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
No offence, FF, really, but it's REALLY unprofessional to talk about your competitors and customers in a negative way, specially in a public forum. If I was reading this and never been to your store I'd be thinking you are kind of whiney and afraid of competition, and I'd be hesitant to visit your business. I mean this in the nicest possible way, think about what you are writing and how it makes you and your business look.

FF is a very nice lady and her stores have a awsome selection of pet supplies. I would reccomend giving them a try. :yay:

nomoney

mAlice,

As far as how you were treated at Callaway, I do apologize. It would have been helpful if you had contacted me so that I could have addressed it with the employee. I don't know how long ago it was or who was working. I cannot control my employees every move. But I do get approx. 20 compliments for every one complaint.

some people are just very hard to please and no matter what you do it wouldn't make a difference.

ginwoman

I went to FF's store a couple years ago in Calloway to drop off big bags of dog food they were collecting (due to a hurricane I think). Anyway it was a very pleasant experience and a nice young man came out and carried the bags of dog food in for me.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I use Pepper's for all my locally purchased doggie supplies.

She gets American made products - which is important to me - I don't want my dogs getting sick off some crap from China. I wonder how many of you check what country your pet's products come from. I advise you to begin doing so. The regulations on pet products in foreign countries is much much different than in our country. The majority (not all) food and treat recalls come from Chinese made products. The majority of toys from China are chemical laden.

She only carries quality dog food, which again is important to me.

She has ordered and keeps products in stock especially for me. I know this first hand. Which I consider going above and beyond in the customer service department.

If I ask for something or suggest something or ask some off the wall question, I have found that both FF and her staff will respond and even research and get me the answer to my stupid question.

So I am a dedicated / repeat Pepper's Pet Pantry Shopper and I would rather support her business than any other. And most of that reason is because of the dedicated customer service I have received.