Help Needed Please

watercolor

yeah yeah
As I sit here peicing together our wedding website, trying to get it done so that we can release it...I have gotten a serrious brain fart.

I need to know, what there is to do for entertainment around the St. Mary's, Charles and Solomans area...to put on our helpful guest links part and other areas of intrest.

If you guys could help me out, I would appreciate it. I looked on somd.com looking for somethings..but it is not helping to much. I have found dinig areas to put a link too, also, I listed the movie theaters and such. But I need some more stuff, like on visiting St. Mary's City and such. (Shelly you can help with that huh?)

I would appreciate any help...since there is alot of out of town guests coming. :biggrin:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well you can always mention how the college has free concerts and things to do in Solomons. Hate to break it to you but there isn't much to do here.

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
Calvert Marine Museum, St. Clement's Island Museum, Point Lookout State Park, St. Mary's College, Sotterly. I think the concerts might be over for the year, but not sure. You can always take out-of-towners to a seafood or crab house style restaurant for something different. Clarke's Landing, Evan's, Sandgates, Capt. John's, Schymansky's, or Di Giovanni's if you want something fancier. All have a good water view.

What weekend are they coming into town? Maybe there's something specific going on that weekend that someone can point out.

watercolor

yeah yeah
They will be in town any where from the 14th to the 22. So that is atleast a week long.

More so looking for things to do other than the seafood resturant idea...since so many of my family are allergic to seafood.

blueeyes76

Well, it's a drive, but if they'll be here that long, the Inner Harbor in Baltimore would be a nice place to show them. I was there this past Saturday and we took the water taxi over to Fells Point. It was a good time!!

S

ShellyCW

I don't know if it'll help much, but here's the link to SMC:

http://www.stmaryscity.org/

You could always park at the Branch Ave. Metro Station near Waldorf and go into DC to do the touristy thing with your family.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
There is always the county fair. Gives them a look at the culture and some of the events are entertaining.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Thank you guys!!

Ken, I have that listed as one of the things to do around that time frame. I would think that some of my relatives would like to go to that.

Thanks Jazz...I will most definaly look into that. Thank you.

Shelly thanks for the link to that. I know alot of people would like to see St. Marys City

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by watercolor23
As I sit here peicing together our wedding website, trying to get it done so that we can release it...I have gotten a serrious brain fart.

I didn't know you were getting married, but then again I haven't been on here much lately! Very cool, when is the wedding? I'd be interested to view the website when you get it up and running, I like looking at that sort of thing!! I have some pics on my picturetrail website (wedding is May 31, 2003), and also did one on theknot.com, but that's about as creative as I got, haha!

pilot

Do they like history? Try Point Lookout State Park, St. Mary's City, St. Clements Island. If nothing else, they're pleasant places to walk around.

If they like hiking, there's Calvert Cliffs State Park.

Annapolis is always a nice place for a day trip.