Hypnosis

I believe you have to want to be. Does that make any sense?
Yes. the PA Renn Fest often has a hypnotist perform. He looks for candidates to bring onstage in order to put them through full hypnosis and then has them perform under his control for the merriment of the rest of us. He does this by attempting to put the entire audience into a trance. We chose whether or not to participate. I didn't think it would be for real but I relaxed and went with it... I was fully conscious when I relalized my fingers were indeed locked together and I couldn't pull them apart... I was an immediate believer at that moment...:lmao: I also realized I didn't like reliquishing control and I fought to bring my hands apart. Once I broke them apart I enjoyed the rest of the show that much more because I realized it was for real.

The hypnotist also knows when someone is faking or coming out of it and he sends them back off the stage and continues on with the rest.

thesilentwoman

Do you believe in it?

Have you ever had it done?

I contacted a hypnotherapist to see if it would help me stop smoking. I made an appointment and got to her house, then sat in the driveway, smoking cigarettes like a chimney, and thinking, "This will NEVER work." Nine years later I still do not smoke and can summon that Happy Place in my mind's eye when things get stressful. I think it has to do with how much you want it and more how much you truly want to be in control of yourself rather than letting someone else (the hynotist) have control of you.

Pete

Repete
I don't believe it... Buck....I was hypnotized ..BUCK...once and it was nothing. BUCK...I believe it is BUCK BUCK BUCK..just sensationalism. BUCKUK

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I've seen a few of the shows they put on. They are freaking hysterical. It has to be real because there is no way you could get that many people to be in on a gag.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I've seen a few of the shows they put on. They are freaking hysterical. It has to be real because there is no way you could get that many people to be in on a gag.

Kriss Angel did it on one of the A&E "Mindfreak" episodes; a bunch of people at a hotel pool in Vegas. He made 'em get nekkid. That kinda thing is explained away by saying things like, 'that is only possible if, in your subconscious mind; you really want to do it.

Anybody ever see the hypnotist that can supposedly evoke uncontrollable orgasms with a simple touch? Tony P is his name.....I think.....

Last edited:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I was hypnotized when I was a young boy and he told me to grow up to be a really nice person and everyone would think very highly of me.. I'll be damned if it didn't work.. :whistle:

I was hypnotized when I was a young boy and he told me to grow up to be a really nice person and everyone would think very highly of me.. I'll be damned if it didn't work.. :whistle:

Heh. You forgot, as you were told to, about putting that money in my acct. every month.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Heh. You forgot, as you were told to, about putting that money in my acct. every month.

No, not really.. I have been putting it into an account for you. When do you want me to draw it out? I thought you just wanted to keep it there for the future.. That was part of the really nice person thing..

acommondisaster

Did it; it worked; haven't smoked in nearly 13 years. He told me I would not have withdrawls or cravings; I didn't. The whole time he was talking to me, I was thinking to myself "this isn't working". But it did. Doesn't for everyone, but thank God it worked for me.