Looking for super large dog kennel

SoMDGirl42

Can be indoor or outdoor. Something 48'' or taller and at lease for dogs 150 lbs plus.

Anyone selling one? TIA!

I have one I'd be willing to sell. I can't remember, but I think the bottom tray may be cracked. I can check if you'd still be interested. They do make replacement trays if you need it to be waterproof.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I have one I'd be willing to sell. I can't remember, but I think the bottom tray may be cracked. I can check if you'd still be interested. They do make replacement trays if you need it to be waterproof.

That would be great! If you have a picture I'd love to see it. Thanks!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
If nobody has one that is big enough for you, I bought one of these (see link) to use for my Rottie when I was selling my house. I would set it up in the unfinished basement (didn't put the top on it) and put my dog in there when people would come over to view the house.

Get the Lucky Dog Welded Wire Uptown Dog Kennel, 6'x 4' x4' for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

That's pretty cool!! Is it sturdy? How does the bottom secure to flooring? My girl will be at least 150 lbs or more (mom and dad are both 180 lbs).

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
That's pretty cool!! Is it sturdy? How does the bottom secure to flooring? My girl will be at least 150 lbs or more (mom and dad are both 180 lbs).

thats nice!!!!

maybe fill buckets with concrete and tie to corners....

there are not many kennels that will work for you... well... that she wont out grow in a few weeks or months...

my friend has an irish wolfhound and she has a kennel that we can almost stand up in.....Midwest 54" Inch Double Door Dog Crate Solution Series Midwest Model SL54DD Mid-West

I know all of the 36"-48" long - 30-33" high kennels I have are at their max for my dogs... hell my one GSD is only 85lbs and still has to duck his head when standing in either kennel.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We just picked that same one up last week from Craig's List for $85.00. It's pretty darn nice....very sturdy and well built. We got it from a lady aboard PaxRiver.

NextJen

Raisin cane

It is sturdy. I didn't secure it to the floor. It doesn't really have a way to secure it to the floor. My guy is around 125 lbs. He is not one to push or jump on things, so he was never a problem as far as moving the kennel or knocking it down. You probably could use something sturdy to anchor it to by using some sort of strap or wiring looped through a corner or two of the pen....like the cement bucket idea mentioned.

I was able to assemble it myself, and I like that it has the full size door. It does not have a floor pan. It would be a great deal if you could find it somewhere cheaper than the Wal-Mart price.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have 2 like this that I bought about 10 years ago when I had my 2 Rotties. I recall paying around $200 for each one and it is HUGE. I can not lift it up. I use them for various things including housing for chickens when needed. I just LOVE mine BUT you may do better with a cage type of crate so there is ample air circulation. I recall having issues with the dogs getting hot in these due to the lack of sufficient venting.

Amazon.com: Petmate 21647 Pet Porter Fashion Dog Crate, Giant, Dark Gray: Pet Supplies

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I have 2 like this that I bought about 10 years ago when I had my 2 Rotties. I recall paying around $200 for each one and it is HUGE. I can not lift it up. I use them for various things including housing for chickens when needed. I just LOVE mine BUT you may do better with a cage type of crate so there is ample air circulation. I recall having issues with the dogs getting hot in these due to the lack of sufficient venting.

Amazon.com: Petmate 21647 Pet Porter Fashion Dog Crate, Giant, Dark Gray: Pet Supplies

I have that exact one and my boxer (who normally weighs 100 lbs) can just barely fit it. My new girl will grow out of it at 6 months of age. :lol:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have that exact one and my boxer (who normally weighs 100 lbs) can just barely fit it. My new girl will grow out of it at 6 months of age. :lol:

I'll have to measure mine when I get home. I think mine may be bigger than the dimensions cited in that description. Right now I have a half dozen chicks in each one <G>.

I need a new crate (cage type) for my boy. The one I have is barely big enough, and it is plastic but it has more venting than the vari-kennel does, but not as much as a cage type. He doesn't spend much time in it anymore.

I try to keep enough crates/cages on hand that I could put all the critters in them to contain them if I need to do that at any time.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
Congratulations! I've often wondered how many pounds of Chow they go through in a week. 14 pounds lasts me a little over 2 weeks for my two Bostons.

I can tell u what i go through for my almost 120lb saint i go through a 23.5lb of dog food in about 3 weeks but i am just feeding her and that is it.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I can tell u what i go through for my almost 120lb saint i go through a 23.5lb of dog food in about 3 weeks but i am just feeding her and that is it.

:jet:..... :faint:..... good gawd!

I go thru almost a 30lb bag just a little over two weeks... and thats with 5 Large dogs.....50lbs, 70lbs, 85lbs, 87lbs and 96lbs..... the small dog goes thru a 6lb bag every few months