Fundraising efforts net little - suggestions?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We have been using fundraisers that offer goods for people to purchase to support us since we are not yet non-profit to offer tax deductible receipts. However, our efforts are not generating much in revenue. We have had the Flower Power fundraiser running for weeks and last time I checked we had earned 1 sale and we netted $25.

We are about to turn in our Yankee Candle Spring Fundraiser orders and didn't do well on that either. Does anyone have suggestions on other ways to fund-raise?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Any "goods for money" fundraising will not offer you a big net return. You need straight cash. The best way to do that is through sponsoring animals, either through food purchase, spay/neutering, vaccinations, testing, etc.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Any "goods for money" fundraising will not offer you a big net return. You need straight cash. The best way to do that is through sponsoring animals, either through food purchase, spay/neutering, vaccinations, testing, etc.
:yeahthat: Have an up to date website and ask for folks to adopt and if not, can't they please sponsor the little fluffy sad eyed cute critter? :bigpuppyeyes:

I also believe petfinder will put the sponsor button up as well.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
:yeahthat: Have an up to date website and ask for folks to adopt and if not, can't they please sponsor the little fluffy sad eyed cute critter? :bigpuppyeyes:

I also believe petfinder will put the sponsor button up as well.

I have had several offers to do our website but no one has followed through. Looks like I will have to take some classes on Web design and database creation. I struggled to get up what is there.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

Due to lack of money we have not done much rescue work. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Over the past 2 years we have had several "Yard Sale Fundraisers" that have netted us roughly $100 or more each time. We collect household goods donations from people that want to get rid of excess stuff, and we sell the items for a low price at the yard sale fundraiser. I still have more boxes to sort through of items "I" need to add to the sale.

I need to put out an ad here asking for donations. We ask how much stuff they have and the size of items so we know if we need to bring a car, a pickup truck, or the horse trailer <G>. One lady was moving and she had us come by to pick up everything she couldn't take with her. We ended up filling the pickup truck and a 5x8 tow behind trailer <G>.

We have a sale coming up on May 4 in Waldorf (weather permitting). I'll post that in the classifieds next week.

JeJeTe

Happiness
Over the past 2 years we have had several "Yard Sale Fundraisers" that have netted us roughly $100 or more each time. We collect household goods donations from people that want to get rid of excess stuff, and we sell the items for a low price at the yard sale fundraiser. I still have more boxes to sort through of items "I" need to add to the sale.

I need to put out an ad here asking for donations. We ask how much stuff they have and the size of items so we know if we need to bring a car, a pickup truck, or the horse trailer <G>. One lady was moving and she had us come by to pick up everything she couldn't take with her. We ended up filling the pickup truck and a 5x8 tow behind trailer <G>.

We have a sale coming up on May 4 in Waldorf (weather permitting). I'll post that in the classifieds next week.

I know they have charity nights at local resturants where a portion of the proceeds earned goes to that charity. Maybe try partnering with Chick Fil-A or something like that? :shrug:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I know they have charity nights at local resturants where a portion of the proceeds earned goes to that charity. Maybe try partnering with Chick Fil-A or something like that? :shrug:

Sounds good - we will probably have to wait until we get our non-profit status for those kind of fund-raising efforts? The lawyer said we should get our non-profit status this year.

We have a great plan for helping people avoid taking pets to the shelter. That way fewer pets will be euthanized. Once we can get tax deductible funding we can go forward with bigger plans <G>.