Lost Stroller - Please Help!

kellyjo32

UPDATE! Lost Stroller - Please Help!

Our stroller was accidentally left at Chancellors Run Regional Park on Thursday, April 27 in the parking lot behind field #2. It's a large red, black and grey stroller called a Chariot Cougar. I've attached a picture. We would really like to get this stroller back. Anyone with information - please send me a private message.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Chariot Cougar 1.jpg
    Chariot Cougar 1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:lol: how the hell do you forget that?

Hope you didn't leave the kid in it.

FYI - If it wasn't there when you went back, somebody stole it

SoMDGirl42

Our stroller was accidentally left at Chancellors Run Regional Park on Thursday, April 27 in the parking lot behind field #2. It's a large red, black and grey stroller called a Chariot Cougar. I've attached a picture. We would really like to get this stroller back. Anyone with information - please contact me via email - kellyjo(dot)haines(at)gmail.com

Thank you!

Have you contacted park and recs to see if anyone called to say they found it?

Were there any teams there practicing or having a game? Could you try to contact the coaches to see if someone turned it in?

As my good thought for the day, my daughter was taking swimming classes at Great Mills Pool. She left her goggles there. Usually I wouldn't be bothered by a pair of goggles, but I had just purchased them from Dicks and they were almost $30. Went back the following week hoping *fingerscrossed* that someone had turned them in. Sure enough, they were there. That same day I had money in the pocket of my pants. When my phone rang, I pulled the phone out to answer it, not knowing the money fell out of my pants. We left swimming lessons to go have lunch together. When I reached in my pocket I discovered the money for lunch was gone. :bawl: I went back to the swimming pool with little to no confidence that the money was turned in. I walked into the door and said "I know there is little chance, but did anyone happen to turn in money that was by the pool?" She grinned and handed me my money. It was all there. :faint: She said a little kid had turned it in. I would have given the little girl a reward, but she had already left. I was amazed.

There are honest people, even in Great Mills. I do hope you find your lost stroller. :yay:

kellyjo32

Have you contacted park and recs to see if anyone called to say they found it?

Were there any teams there practicing or having a game? Could you try to contact the coaches to see if someone turned it in?

There are honest people, even in Great Mills. I do hope you find your lost stroller. :yay:

Yes - we've contacted Parks and Recs and Chancellors directly. As well as posted flyers at Chancellors and on their Facebook pages - the rain has probably decreased the amount of people seeing the flyers since the games have been cancelled.

I'm so glad to hear your story turned out so well - I hope our story has the same ending!

dave1959

$685.00 for a stroller...!!!!!!!! you got to be ef'n crazy....IMHO. And I'm pretty sure if
someone know what they "found", you aint gettin it back...

SoMDGirl42

$685.00 for a stroller...!!!!!!!! you got to be ef'n crazy....IMHO. And I'm pretty sure if
someone know what they "found", you aint gettin it back...

There could be many reasons they have that stoller, and I think that was rude of you to tell them they are ef'n crazy.

Maybe they have a handicapped child and that stroller was appropriate for him/her. We don't know the reasons why they have it, but I hope they get it back.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:lol: how the hell do you forget that?

Hope you didn't leave the kid in it.

FYI - If it wasn't there when you went back, somebody stole it

Figure anyone that can afford it wouldn't be concerned about losing it and having to buy another..

But that's just my $.02

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'd keep an eye on the classifieds and the consignment shops. Especially Craigslist. Good luck!

How would they prove it's theirs??

Be great to find someone selling one for say $200, so they can buy a cheap replacement, but I doubt there is a serial number of a VIN to prove ownership.

It's gone.

Figure anyone that can afford it wouldn't be concerned about losing it and having to buy another..

But that's just my $.02
Pretty small minded thinking there, itsbob. She invested in a well made product that encourages family outtings, promotes outdoor exercise, etc. yet look at how many here dump just as much money if not more in a phone and/or other electronic toys that pretty much promotes sitting on their azz and not paying attention to or involving their kid...:shrug:

Last edited:

SoMDGirl42

Pretty small minded thinking there, itsbob. She invested in a well made product that encourages family outtings, promotes outdoor exercise, etc. yet look at how many here dump just as much money if not more in a phone and/or other electronic toiys that pretty much promotes sitting on their azz and not paying attention to or involving their kid...:shrug:

:yeahthat:

maybe a rich relative gave it to them as a gift, maybe she won it in a contest, maybe she bought it second hand. Who cares?

Obviously she would like to get it back, and I'm going to hold out hope that she does. I'm going with glass half full today. :coffee:

dave1959

There could be many reasons they have that stoller, and I think that was rude of you to tell them they are ef'n crazy.

Maybe they have a handicapped child and that stroller was appropriate for him/her. We don't know the reasons why they have it, but I hope they get it back.

Your right, We don't know so get off your high horse...If was for a handicapped child I'm sure she would have said so. I hope they get it back to but that does not change my opinion.

SoMDGirl42

Your right, We don't know so get off your high horse...If was for a handicapped child I'm sure she would have said so. I hope they get it back to but that does not change my opinion.

I'm not on a high horse, but we don't know why or how they procured this item.

You were the one being judgemental. :coffee:

puggymom

Pretty small minded thinking there, itsbob. She invested in a well made product that encourages family outtings, promotes outdoor exercise, etc. yet look at how many here dump just as much money if not more in a phone and/or other electronic toys that pretty much promotes sitting on their azz and not paying attention to or involving their kid...:shrug:

:thumbup:

to the op:
Hopefully you find you stroller

MarieB

2 listings posted on Craigslist on that day

One at 12:20pm and one at 9:00 am.

Both seem to be out of the area

itsbob

I bowl overhand

maybe so.. but the top three rated all terrain strollers are all under $150..

NOT my money, but damn that's a lot of money for something a kid will outgrow in a year.

My GUESS is.. First time parent, and think the more money the better, and safer it is for their child.

Or, they are just 'stroller snobs'.. (yes, that's a real term now).

Lastly.. just to touch a nerve..

Invested means you intend to MAKE money on money you've spent. They are NEVER going to get more for a stroller than they paid, so they didn't invest a dime.. they SPENT $695. (though I have to admit, advertisers are getting good at using the term "invest in your children" "Isn't your child worth $XXX") That's like proclaiming you invested 60K on a BMW sedan, though 60k on a BMW is probably money better spent than say 40 or 50k on a Dodge, you're still losing money.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It could have ben given as a group gift at the baby shower. Many people may have chipped in for that item.

MarieB

maybe so.. but the top three rated all terrain strollers are all under $150..

NOT my money, but damn that's a lot of money for something a kid will outgrow in a year.

My GUESS is.. First time parent, and think the more money the better, and safer it is for their child.

Or, they are just 'stroller snobs'.. (yes, that's a real term now).

I think a kid (s) could probably use that stroller for a good 3 yrs plus, maybe 4 and if I'm not mistaken it is also a bike trailer