PSA for Rte 235 drivers!!!!

SG_Player1974

This is a Public Service Announcement.....

To all of you AZZHOLES that continually ride the length of 235 in the turning lane and either try to cut back in at the last second before the next traffic light OR take the route in front of Cedar Point CU or the newly opened parkway behind the PNC bank.... Please stop! I have already seen bicycle riders almost get run over at these intersections 2 times in the last week because you are in such a hurry to get to your "shortcut" so you can get that extra 10-20 seconds ahead of the traffic!

To all of you BLEEDING HEARTS that let these ignorant people back into the traffic lanes. Please STOP! If you continually let this happen, it ensures that these people will not learn their lesson and some day there will be a body on the road and you will wonder if that same person was the one you let in the day before!

THE RIGHT TURN LANE IS ONLY FOR TURNING OFF OF 235 TO ACCESS THE BUSINESSES THAT HAVE THEIR ENTRIES/EXITS THERE AND FOR TURNING ONTO THE ADJACENT CROSSROADS!

It is NOT an extra DRIVING lane! Nor is it a passing lane that is open, only to you, in order to get past the traffic.

Someday the sherrif's office/MSP is going to get wise and park someone at the PNC bank across from San Succi Plaza and at the Chipotle's and start pulling these idiots over!

Thanks for reading this Public Service Announcement! :howdy:

DEEKAYPEE8569

To all of you AZZHOLES that continually ride the length of 235 in the turning lane and either try to cut back in at the last second before the next traffic light OR take the route in front of Cedar Point CU or the newly opened parkway behind the PNC bank.... Please stop! I have already seen bicycle riders almost get run over at these intersections 2 times in the last week because you are in such a hurry to get to your "shortcut" so you can get that extra 10-20 seconds ahead of the traffic!

To all of you BLEEDING HEARTS that let these ignorant people back into the traffic lanes. Please STOP! If you continually let this happen, it ensures that these people will not learn their lesson and some day there will be a body on the road and you will wonder if that same person was the one you let in the day before!

THE RIGHT TURN LANE IS ONLY FOR TURNING OFF OF 235 TO ACCESS THE BUSINESSES THAT HAVE THEIR ENTRIES/EXITS THERE AND FOR TURNING ONTO THE ADJACENT CROSSROADS!

It is NOT an extra DRIVING lane! Nor is it a passing lane that is open, only to you, in order to get past the traffic.

Someday the sherrif's office/MSP is going to get wise and park someone at the PNC bank across from San Succi Plaza and at the Chipotle's and start pulling these idiots over!

Sounds more like a gripe, but point taken.

Edit: If the people that did this drove with a visible cell phone in their hand they would be caught.

Last edited:

Sweet 16

^^8^^

I understand your frustration, but the sheriff and MSP have probably heard this already and "just don't have the manpower" to park a cruiser there. It would be nice if they could put one every few hundred feet to catch these and other idiots but it's not likely that will ever happen. It's the same everywhere..... They pretty much have to cause an accident for police to respond and charge them for their idiocy.

nobody really

I need a nap

where is this? I didn't know there was a parkway behind PNC. is that the 235 bypass?

SG_Player1974

where is this? I didn't know there was a parkway behind PNC. is that the 235 bypass?

When the new Subway/Dean's Cabinet Showrrom was built, they opened up a through way that was never there. So, people now turn in between the PNC/Aamco and can come back out in front of the bowling alley.

Please dont be one of them! :whistle:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
It happens everywhere. I see all the time in Waldorf on 301, except they don't pull in prior to the light, they go right on through! You think you can turn right into a business and all the sudden there is a car barreling down the turn lane and they honk the horn at you for getting in their way. :smack:

nobody really

I need a nap
When the new Subway/Dean's Cabinet Showrrom was built, they opened up a through way that was never there. So, people now turn in between the PNC/Aamco and can come back out in front of the bowling alley.

Please dont be one of them! :whistle:

i'm not, but i'm not sure why you're getting your panties in a wad over this. Stuff like that happens everywhere.

SG_Player1974

i'm not, but i'm not sure why you're getting your panties in a wad over this. Stuff like that happens everywhere.

It really didn't bug me until I twice saw some kids almost get run over trying to ride their bikes across 235. The first time, I thought one of the kids was gonna dump in their pants because the car (a Suburban) stopped about 6 inches from them!

DEEKAYPEE8569

It really didn't bug me until I twice saw some kids almost get run over trying to ride their bikes across 235. The first time, I thought one of the kids was gonna dump in their pants because the car (a Suburban) stopped about 6 inches from them!

I'm waiting for "the big one" @ 235/4 where the folks that come off the TJ Bridge make the left turn southbound in the far right left turn lane; youknowwha'msayin'; and slice into the right turn lane to get into WaWa.
More than once I've almost had the front end sheared off, or been broadsided.
:headonswivel:

softtouch

I'm waiting for "the big one" @ 235/4 where the folks that come off the TJ Bridge make the left turn southbound in the far right left turn lane; youknowwha'msayin'; and slice into the right turn lane to get into WaWa.
Are you turning left from the opposite direction to go north on 235?

nomoney

:confused: How? Are you turning right onto 235 southbound?

frogman123

I believe you have a yield sign there. And it wouldnt be a "big one" as speeds there are only ~15 mph

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

You know that you have the yield sign there, don't you?

glhs837

Power with Control
Bozos at the Gate!!!!!! Bozos at the Gate!!!!!

So, after lunch, had to go on base. about 1245ish. Took 5 minutes to get from Willows onto GMR. Another 5 minutes to get to the GMR/235 intersection.

So, intersection blocking is rampant, of course. Thats a given. But what freakin kills me is that people with people behind them, back in the intersection, will leave then there to left folks turning right from 235 into Gate 2 through.

How in the hell does that make sense? And no, I wasnt one stuck I never enter that intersection unless there is enough room for me. It was the guy behind me that stopped, leaving two cars out in the intersection.

that and the azz in the white truck wyho cut through the pass office parking lot rahter than waith his turn. You go, Special K.